Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You sweet summer child!

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe Burrow and this offensive line are something else.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Joe Burrow and this offensive line are something else.

Just keep in mind, defense is optional in the Big 12.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
windywave wrote:
First real game for LSU all year

LSU making Oklahoma not look like a real team

It's games like these that really make me hope that they don't expand the playoff to 8 or more. Do we really need to see a 1 vs 8 match up that will be an even bigger ass-whooping than this? I think not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Chemist wrote:
windywave wrote:

Agreed. I was wrong earlier. Looks like their first real game will be next week

Odd things happen after a long layoff, especially with a couple guys suspended. I'm sure OU fans are wondering who is wearing their team's uniforms.

Oh, and LSU is much better than OU. Their offense in the first half was pretty much flawless.

Now let's hope OSU doesn't shit the bed like Oklahoma just did.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
Chemist wrote:
windywave wrote:

It's games like these that really make me hope that they don't expand the playoff to 8 or more. Do we really need to see a 1 vs 8 match up that will be an even bigger ass-whooping than this? I think not.

On one hand I was thinking the same thing. And that maybe six teams is better. (Power Five Champions plus one at-large and two teams get a bye).

But then I wonder if 1 v. 8 would always be this bad? What if this was LSU and Wisconsin? Do we KNOW that it would be this bad or worse? Is this just an anomaly?

But yes, this is dreadful.
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
zed707 wrote:
Chemist wrote:
windywave wrote:

On one hand I was thinking the same thing. And that maybe six teams is better. (Power Five Champions plus one at-large and two teams get a bye).

But then I wonder if 1 v. 8 would always be this bad? What if this was LSU and Wisconsin? Do we KNOW that it would be this bad or worse? Is this just an anomaly?

But yes, this is dreadful.

Yeah I just think this is a horrible matchup
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah #1 vs #4. Pretty bad matchup as we work thru a playoff series.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
Yeah #1 vs #4. Pretty bad matchup as we work thru a playoff series.

Any top tier B1G team probably beats LSU but politics kept them out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the top tier Big10 teams are all ranked accordingly.

your partisanship really detracts from any argument you're trying to make here

the system may not be perfect but it exposed Alabama--and it may well expose Clemson here.

Settle down and just enjoy good college football at an elite level.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
the top tier Big10 teams are all ranked accordingly.

your partisanship really detracts from any argument you're trying to make here

the system may not be perfect but it exposed Alabama--and it may well expose Clemson here.

Settle down and just enjoy good college football at an elite level.

Partisanship? Every yokel who lives south of the Mason Dixon line blindly insists the SEC is the best conference year in and year out without regard to reality. I just point out the fallacy of that position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I certainly live S of the MD line--and I may or may not be a yokel. But I certainly do not assert the SEC is the best year in or year out. Let's see how this playoff plays out eh?

Clemson could win it all again for all we know at this juncture. They're south of the MD line--and from the state that was first to secede. and yet they are not SEC. Hmmm?

So take a good drink; a calm breath; and lets watch some good football

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
I certainly live S of the MD line--and I may or may not be a yokel. But I certainly do not assert the SEC is the best year in or year out. Let's see how this playoff plays out eh?

Clemson could win it all again for all we know at this juncture. They're south of the MD line--and from the state that was first to secede. and yet they are not SEC. Hmmm?

You're from Cali you don't count
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:

And so far they are getting blowed up. (please clock run very very fast and get to 0:00 when we get back from commercial break)

Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:

And so far they are getting blowed up. (please clock run very very fast and get to 0:00 when we get back from commercial break)

After 1 quarter Dobbins has almost twice as many yards as Clemson. I'm pretty OK with this.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nobody likes a poor winner who chortles online over ever great play their team is making

I prognosticated a month ago that Clemson was really unchallenged and would run into trouble in the playoffs and that it would come down to LSU vs OSU. and I'm still convinced LSU will win that game.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
Nobody likes a poor winner who chortles online over ever great play their team is making

I prognosticated a month ago that Clemson was really unchallenged and would run into trouble in the playoffs and that it would come down to LSU vs OSU. and I'm still convinced LSU will win that game.

Define "nobody." My wife, dogs, and cat like me. That is pretty much all I need.

Besides, I'm stuck home with the flu and you assholes are the only people I have to talk to.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dog. 'Bob the Dog' a rescue we had here on the farm for 10 years died last year. My kids are here for Christmas so my wife doesn't have the F'ing time of day for me. So it's just me and this bottle of Makers. Don't come at me bro about being alone in this game

we're looking at another dog next year. Right now tho it's me and the Makers and it's running low.

I'd love to see Clemson win but I don't think it's gonna happen and never harbored much hope.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I moved from Cal/Stanford country to UGA land. The rabid and illogical fans here quickly made me despise UGA and by default, the SEC. This LSU team has the chance to go down as arguably the best team in history. 15-0 with 7 wins vs top 10 teams, 4 of those being top 5 teams. It may have been politics, but it save the Big 10 from the same embarrassment OU just suffered.

I don't think this Clemson game is over yet. They don't look as outclassed as OU did. If their DB could catch a ball that hit him in the numbers it would have been 7-10 early.
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fucking horseshit bullshit targeting. Fucking QB fucking dropped his fucking helmet absolute fucking garbage call
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a fucking kill shot on Lawrence now. Absolute bullshit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazing that the “evaluation” only took 30s...
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agree with much of what you've written. I love it when Auburn loses as my rabid neighbor is silenced till next week.

I've no particular love for the SEC--it's just where I've retired.

I just like watching good college football--at all levels.

That last hit--the head twisting tackle on Lawrence was ugly. Ejection warranted

Hope Clemson figures this out and makes a game of it

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [CW in NH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CW in NH wrote:
Amazing that the “evaluation” only took 30s...

Took a dive
Quote Reply

Prev Next