Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another Specialized Pro with Speed Bars: Lucy Charles [grant_bigham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grant_bigham wrote:
On the “our extensions save 10w” it sounds like you may have got caught up in the 7-10w running joke. Our extensions will reduce your CdA by 0.002-0.004, but we have seen outliers saving up to 0.007m^2. Depending on speed this will dictate watt saving.

Just wanted to thank you for using real units!
Quote Reply
Re: Another Specialized Pro with Speed Bars: Lucy Charles [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any sneak peak? :-)

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Another Specialized Pro with Speed Bars: Lucy Charles [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Any sneak peak? :-)

Not yet! But just keep an eye out on Instagram as well as at the Track World Cups

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Another Specialized Pro with Speed Bars: Lucy Charles [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
How hard is it to nail pad position with the watt shop bars? Looks like not a ton of margin per error? Looking at wattshop and speed bar (price of speed bar is little hight)..... Unless you or Jim have other suggestions.

Honestly, I sent them my measurements and they were spot on when I received them. If you are planning to make a bunch of changes, these are not for you. If you are dialed they are likely the best on the market short of going custom.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Another Specialized Pro with Speed Bars: Lucy Charles [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I have had the same position for a couple of years. What about the pads/arm cups? Are you able to switch them out? I have really enjoyed supportive cups like Zipp and 52SS

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was looking at the WattShop standard extension. A friend of mine just ordered the non-UCI version of 40 degrees, so I’ll took around with those to see how they fit.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Yes I have had the same position for a couple of years. What about the pads/arm cups? Are you able to switch them out? I have really enjoyed supportive cups like Zipp and 52SS

On the UCI legal ones, not really. But if you’re just doing tri you’re better off going with the 40 degree ones. A bit more “fairing” for the arms and adjustable armrests. Reach out to Grant, he’ll be able to help more than I can.

I do UCI regulated events, so the standard ones are what I have to use.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:

The Wattshop pads have a ton of real estate and you could even add extra padding to the flat area on the back of the bars. Spreading the pressure over a larger area makes them more comfortable than standard pads.

I would suggest ordering an extra set of the pads with the bars. They get sort of gross after a few months of sweat and sun screen.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Specialized Pro with Speed Bars: Lucy Charles [grant_bigham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info! Your site has the "DirtyAero Standardised Integrated Extensions" out of stock. Any idea when they will be available for purchase again?

Darren
https://www.strava.com/athletes/12385497
Quote Reply
Re: Another Specialized Pro with Speed Bars: Lucy Charles [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright, I’ll play.

I’m a big Obree fan. Shipped his book to him for a signature. I love TT and tri innovation.

The UCI thing on the bars deals with selling the parts. Ok. Seriously how many Joes gonna buy some $1000+ extensions? That’s my criticism there. They’re custom if they work right.

I say either ban anything that doesn’t sell a solid amount OR allow the customization.

My negative criticism of the UCI is the same Obree had, it’s often reactionary or fickle instead of guiding or forward looking.

Why ban custom (Joe can’t afford $2000 extensions but can mold carbon) but allow custom if they sell a few for the cost of a car?

But, I think the bars are awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Specialized Pro with Speed Bars: Lucy Charles [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get that and that is not my gripe alone. The UCI is dirty and greedy federation that needs housecleaning first before they can be taken serious

burnthesheep wrote:
Alright, I’ll play.

I’m a big Obree fan. Shipped his book to him for a signature. I love TT and tri innovation.

The UCI thing on the bars deals with selling the parts. Ok. Seriously how many Joes gonna buy some $1000+ extensions? That’s my criticism there. They’re custom if they work right.

I say either ban anything that doesn’t sell a solid amount OR allow the customization.

My negative criticism of the UCI is the same Obree had, it’s often reactionary or fickle instead of guiding or forward looking.

Why ban custom (Joe can’t afford $2000 extensions but can mold carbon) but allow custom if they sell a few for the cost of a car?

But, I think the bars are awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Specialized Pro with Speed Bars: Lucy Charles [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How where you picking 30 vs 40 vs 50 degree.

My weekend research has me going wattshop way since they can do a BTA mount and a Garmin mount.

Quote Reply

Prev Next