Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I love college football [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
I swear Orgeron sounds like he smokes two packs of camels a day and drinks a fifth of Jack.

You really think he's that much of a health nut that he's cut down to so little?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
Now we're watching LSU-FL.

Not watching the fighting Hawleys play WKU?
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not on any provider that I am technically able to access. Monitoring updates online.

My brother and I are both graduates from USMA. I played FB for Army; my brother was recruited by Coach K to play BB for Army and did so for one season till he came in with a 1.7GPA so Coach K told him "you're here to be an Army officer first so we're letting you go to focus on academics--come back when you're good to go." When he got his GPA back up into the 2.0 range he went and shot on the Army Pistol Team for his remaining three years.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
not on any provider that I am technically able to access. Monitoring updates online.

My brother and I are both graduates from USMA. I played FB for Army; my brother was recruited by Coach K to play BB for Army and did so for one season till he came in with a 1.7GPA so Coach K told him "you're here to be an Army officer first so we're letting you go to focus on academics--come back when you're good to go." When he got his GPA back up into the 2.0 range he went and shot on the Army Pistol Team for his remaining three years.

Who's a better shot?
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey JSA.... Badgers just lost to the second worst team in the Big10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. They did. I cannot even get upset anymore. Such is the life of a Badger fan. Oh well. They weren't going to get past OSU anyway.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch. Illinois was a 30.5 point dog. That was the second biggest upset in conference history. That's going to leave a mark.
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Yep. They did. I cannot even get upset anymore. Such is the life of a Badger fan. Oh well. They weren't going to get past OSU anyway.

I am in a BT10 weekly pick'm. I have not went against Illinois since watching their first game. They are a better team than in recent past and noticeably more talented. They still have a long way to go, but it just kind of seemed like they would put enough of a game together on offense to allow them to win a couple of games.
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoff14 wrote:
JSA wrote:

I am in a BT10 weekly pick'm. I have not went against Illinois since watching their first game. They are a better team than in recent past and noticeably more talented. They still have a long way to go, but it just kind of seemed like they would put enough of a game together on offense to allow them to win a couple of games.

They are atrocious (so is the whole athletics program). The entire badger football team should be ashamed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michigan PSU is turning into a good game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Guess now would be a good time to shout out a "We Are!" Class '74. Hard fought Michigan. Great game.
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:

Guess now would be a good time to shout out a "We Are!" Class '74. Hard fought Michigan. Great game.

You're old
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:

You're old

Am sure there is a good young fart response there but old man's disease strikes me silent. Not too old that I don't remember fondly the good times in Happy Valley and appreciate the class act on display now that the troubles are in the past.

Wanted to drop a dime on the finest uniform discussion in college football back a few posts ago while it was current but missed my chance. After a white out win, I have to brag on the blue and whites. So elegantly simple and understated. Same uniform was worn in '70 and earlier, maybe all the way to '55. Fad and over hyped fashion is not our thing. The one change has been to allow the nike swoosh to be sewn on. I guess everybody chases the almighty dollar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

The season is over. Another lackluster year for the Maize and Blue. At this point I can only wish Wisconsin best of luck in destroying OSU.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
windywave wrote:

The season is over. Another lackluster year for the Maize and Blue. At this point I can only wish Wisconsin best of luck in destroying OSU.

Gotta agree with ya about Wisconsin and OSU. I was really hoping UW would be going in to that game undefeated. Regardless, I hope someone beats OSU this year but they are a very "complete" looking team.

On another note, what about SMU. Only took me 30+ years to get over the "death penalty" (for NCAA violations) but they have an undefeated season so far).
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:

You're old

Am sure there is a good young fart response there but old man's disease strikes me silent. Not too old that I don't remember fondly the good times in Happy Valley and appreciate the class act on display now that the troubles are in the past.

Wanted to drop a dime on the finest uniform discussion in college football back a few posts ago while it was current but missed my chance. After a white out win, I have to brag on the blue and whites. So elegantly simple and understated. Same uniform was worn in '70 and earlier, maybe all the way to '55. Fad and over hyped fashion is not our thing. The one change has been to allow the nike swoosh to be sewn on. I guess everybody chases the almighty dollar.

Are you talking about James Franklin? And if so, was that supposed to be in pink?
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eye3md wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
windywave wrote:

On another note, what about SMU. Only took me 30+ years to get over the "death penalty" (for NCAA violations) but they have an undefeated season so far).

I'll take the under they lose to Memphis Navy or Tulane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My OSU sportsball team lost its homecoming game this weekend. I heard the other team was a bear.
Meanwhile, the OU schooner capsized, and I learned that out here a schooner is not a boat.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
My OSU sportsball team lost its homecoming game this weekend. I heard the other team was a bear.
Meanwhile, the OU schooner capsized, and I learned that out here a schooner is not a boat.

It's a prairie schooner.

Now ask JSA about schooners in Wisconsin
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:

Are you talking about James Franklin? And if so, was that supposed to be in pink?

Not specific to Franklin and not in pink. The troubles refer to the depths of the program and the Sandusky matter. Not at all familiar with Franklin's past or present behavior that might not be on a class act level. Just an overall impression that there is a feel good atmosphere up there now, both on and off the field. More attribution for this class act goes to the student body and that game days seem positive without the pall anymore. I am happy for those young men and women.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either the badgers are infinitely overrated or the Buckeyes are really really REALLY good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey look Purdue getting blown out too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Either the badgers are infinitely overrated or the Buckeyes are really really REALLY good.

They are really good. Chase Young might look like a puppy but he is a monster. They have given up 42 points total over the last 7 games. And the offense has a ton of weapons.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy shit... I was half watching badgers bucks and started flipping stopped at Pitt Miami because a two point game and a WTF score comes across....Oklahoma getting their doors blown off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Holy shit... I was half watching badgers bucks and started flipping stopped at Pitt Miami because a two point game and a WTF score comes across....Oklahoma getting their doors blown off

What the hell happened? Last I saw it was 24-23. I hadn't noticed the roof caved in on them.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next