Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to read that as “our heritage” “real Americans” for his sentence to make sense.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
You have to read that as “our heritage” “real Americans” for his sentence to make sense.

Ohh yea, like the confederate flag is "history and heritage." I assumed as much, but it was easier to just point out that trump does not care about traditional American ideals. I was hoping for him to show himself that the important Americans "ideals" to him are more the confederate flag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
My man. Two main things. One you talk about how people voted based on policy. Trump did not implement what he campaigned on. Trump ran on populism. His implementations have almost all unilaterally benefited corporations.

Trumps actions and accountability of making fun of his buffoonery is completely independent from anyone else. His actions warrant badmouthing. You say racist things. You get called out for saying racist things. You put your own self interests in front of what you campaigned on. You deserve to get called out on it.

I think the attached article helps to prove otherwise. Sure....corporations have benefited, but so have the vast majority of individual Americans.....my man. Make fun of him all you want....sure, sometimes he deserves it.....but results are results. And the "every white person" who disagrees with a Dem is a "racist" is getting old and tired. As most people are starting to realize (georgia state rep, Smollet, etc etc)

https://www.politifact.com/...0-campaign-promises/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
To me I can see that point of view. So not perplexed by it. I just actually find it crazy.

You couldn’t vote for trump because he was a wildcard. But now that you know he supports a far right agenda you are fine with it. Trumps actions as a person have not moved the needle to anything positive.

So really beforehand you had to make a choice of if you though Hillary or trump would be more conservative. (Because trumps detestability as person has only gotten worse. I really can’t see someone factoring that intonthe decision.)And you couldn’t make that decision. That is crazy to me.

Trump doesn’t support a far right agenda. Your biases betray you here

If you think trumps detestability as a person have gotten worse since he was elected then you haven’t been paying much attention since at least the mid 80s.

It’s not that I couldn’t make that decision. I chose not to. And as stated previously by myself and JSA I was quite convinced my vote in WI didn’t matter. And that Hillary was going to win in a landslide.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

Ohh yea, like the confederate flag is "history and heritage." I assumed as much, but it was easier to just point out that trump does not care about traditional American ideals. I was hoping for him to show himself that the important Americans "ideals" to him are more the confederate flag.

Sounds like you should call Omar's camp and see if you can be a volunteer.......to help her "change our ideals". Better do it soon though because based on latest info coming out, DJT's "send her back" might actually happen.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

Sounds like you should call Omar's camp and see if you can be a volunteer.......to help her "change our ideals". Better do it soon though because based on latest info coming out, DJT's "send her back" might actually happen.

Ohh, so I was correct. Sorry, I support American ideals, not that of the confederacy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:
My man. Two main things. One you talk about how people voted based on policy. Trump did not implement what he campaigned on. Trump ran on populism. His implementations have almost all unilaterally benefited corporations.

Trumps actions and accountability of making fun of his buffoonery is completely independent from anyone else. His actions warrant badmouthing. You say racist things. You get called out for saying racist things. You put your own self interests in front of what you campaigned on. You deserve to get called out on it.

I think the attached article helps to prove otherwise. Sure....corporations have benefited, but so have the vast majority of individual Americans.....my man. Make fun of him all you want....sure, sometimes he deserves it.....but results are results. And the "every white person" who disagrees with a Dem is a "racist" is getting old and tired. As most people are starting to realize (georgia state rep, Smollet, etc etc)

https://www.politifact.com/...0-campaign-promises/[/quote

Help me out here. The article posted was written 3 years ago, a whopping six whole months into his term. He has made a point to highlight campaign promises made and campaign promises kept. Can you dig out an article that is a more current metric of promises made and how well kept they are now? No need for etc, etc most people are realizing as it is old and tired.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Socially trumps agenda has been far right. His economic agenda has been pro corporation. (Not really sure where this falls on any spectrum. It certainly is not fiscally conservative though. Nor dor the democrats)
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gphins once posted an article from 2012 trying to tell me how the article supports trumps tax plan had been great for the economy. Even the article he posted shows that trump hasn’t kept his campaign promises. Renegotiate Iran deal (not leave completely). Repeal and replace Obamacare (didn’t happen). Build wall. Didn’t happen. Keep social security as is yes. Have tax plan that didn’t benefit him. Didn’t happen. Get out of trade deals. Sure. But Hillary had the same stances. Be the greatest jobs president. This hasn’t happened. Muslim ban. Ruled unconstitutional.

At the end of the day. If you said you voted for trump because of his campaign policies you are lying to yourself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

https://www.politifact.com/...0-campaign-promises/[/quote

ps....the deportation of illegals should be updated......for obvious recent reasons

Help me out here. The article posted was written 3 years ago, a whopping six whole months into his term. He has made a point to highlight campaign promises made and campaign promises kept. Can you dig out an article that is a more current metric of promises made and how well kept they are now? No need for etc, etc most people are realizing as it is old and tired.

Sure.....always glad to help you out. This should help....and look at this source!
https://www.bbc.com/...d-us-canada-37982000
Last edited by: gphin305: Jul 23, 19 21:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Gphins once posted an article from 2012 trying to tell me how the article supports trumps tax plan had been great for the economy. Even the article he posted shows that trump hasn’t kept his campaign promises. Renegotiate Iran deal (not leave completely). Repeal and replace Obamacare (didn’t happen). Build wall. Didn’t happen. Keep social security as is yes. Have tax plan that didn’t benefit him. Didn’t happen. Get out of trade deals. Sure. But Hillary had the same stances. Be the greatest jobs president. This hasn’t happened. Muslim ban. Ruled unconstitutional.

At the end of the day. If you said you voted for trump because of his campaign policies you are lying to yourself.

Patentattorney.....you started this thread as an obvious way for you and the other DJT haters on this forum to do another feel good Trump bashing circle jerk.. You (and others) here remain in denial. You have a real problem.....cause its not going to get better for you. You may need to come up with another type of therapy......although I admit this forum offers a cheap and simple solution as a safe space for you and your DJT hating buddies. BTW, you have avoided my question.....who do think would do a better job?
Last edited by: gphin305: Jul 23, 19 21:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Socially trumps agenda has been far right. His economic agenda has been pro corporation. (Not really sure where this falls on any spectrum. It certainly is not fiscally conservative though. Nor dor the democrats)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/...ions_of_Donald_Trump

Yeah real Barry Goldwater rock rib stuff.

SMH.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Sure.....always glad to help you out. This should help....and look at this source!
https://www.bbc.com/...d-us-canada-37982000

That article is one of the most credible you've ever posted! And it gives Trump credit for following through on four of his promises, most of which were easy, or fell into his lap. Some pretty low hanging fruit there, like "Bomb Isis". Yep, pretty easy to drop a bomb and chalk up a win there!

After those four accomplishments, there are six "partially delivered". Like bringing the troops home. Yeah, "partially delivered". How about if we just be honest and say he has in fact not brought the troops home? Repeal and replace Obamacare gets a "partially delivered", even though it hasn't been repealed, much less replaced. Whatever.

After the six "partially delivered", we move into seven items that are "no progress" or "abandoned". No argument there; the rational among us knew Mexico would not be paying for a wall, although you certainly believed it.

So, using your source, it looks like Trump is 4-13 on campaign promises. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the "partially delivered' and call it 4-7-6.

Either way it's a losing record. But that's apparently good enough for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running huge deficits in "good" times....well just pure genius.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the link you provided. Trumps shifting political views. So yep. Going to say his current agenda is most similar tonthatof a hard core conservative. And platformed on conservative ideals, and has had conservative views the last decade.

Moderate populist" (2003)[69]
"Liberal-leaning populist" (2003–2011)[70]
"Moderate populist conservative" (2011–2012)[71]
"Libertarian-leaning conservative" (2012–2013)[72]
"Moderate conservative" (2013–2014)[73]
"Libertarian-leaning conservative" (2014–2015)[74]
"Hard-core conservative" (2015)[75]
"Libertarian-leaning conservative" (2015–2016)[76]
"Moderate conservative" (2016–2017)[77]
"Hard-core conservative" (2017–present)[7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks, far better than the first somewhat dated piece.

4 out of 17 delivered with 4 as partially delivered. Still does not have my vote. Try harder and maybe address my concern with character and how his behavior has a deleterious effect on impressionable folks like the one's who chanted in the NC rally.

find a positive msm, fake or otherwise, article that is in support of the chant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
From the link you provided. Trumps shifting political views. So yep. Going to say his current agenda is most similar tonthatof a hard core conservative. And platformed on conservative ideals, and has had conservative views the last decade.

Moderate populist" (2003)[69]
"Liberal-leaning populist" (2003–2011)[70]
"Moderate populist conservative" (2011–2012)[71]
"Libertarian-leaning conservative" (2012–2013)[72]
"Moderate conservative" (2013–2014)[73]
"Libertarian-leaning conservative" (2014–2015)[74]
"Hard-core conservative" (2015)[75]
"Libertarian-leaning conservative" (2015–2016)[76]
"Moderate conservative" (2016–2017)[77]
"Hard-core conservative" (2017–present)[7

Since 1985 Trump has changed political PARTIES more often than he’s changed wives (also from the article I linked)

I get what you are saying above. But you said

Socially he’s to the far right
Overall he’s to the far right
And in 2015-2016 I’m crazy to not believe that.

For the sake of moving on from an “argument” I’ll just agree. It was crazy that I didn’t vote for Trump. I should have known what a rock solid conservative he was going to be. And now that his political chops are so well established it would be crazy for me to not do so in the future
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:

4 out of 17 delivered with 4 as partially delivered. Still does not have my vote. Try harder and maybe address my concern with character and how his behavior has a deleterious effect on impressionable folks like the one's who chanted in the NC rally.

find a positive msm, fake or otherwise, article that is in support of the chant.

Like I said, the illegal deportations need to be updated as he is trying to best to get around the Dem and liberal judges opposition to this. And of course the economy is his biggest credit......which isn't even listed. Just think where we might be if there hasn't been two years worth of total Dem opposition and spending all their time on Mueller. His accomplishments to date is enough for most people....along with these others....289.... (somewhat outdated but still appropriate) that are not on the list. BTW, gofigure, how do you find the fact that none of the other DJT haters can ID a better candidate from the 20 Dems.......and explain why.. Glad to see you don't participate in the therapy circle jerk.
ps.......sure there are personal and style shortcomings.......but what the Dems are offering is far worse.......don't you think?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...less-promise-keeping
Last edited by: gphin305: Jul 24, 19 6:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really do appreciate your honest answers. I have came to understand why someone in your position would do what they are doing. Crazy is probably too hard of a word at this point. There are a lot of things that are correct that seem crazy to me (like the classroom birthday problem. If you have a classroom of 30 people it’s a 50-50 chance two have the same birthday).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
I really do appreciate your honest answers. I have came to understand why someone in your position would do what they are doing. Crazy is probably too hard of a word at this point. There are a lot of things that are correct that seem crazy to me (like the classroom birthday problem. If you have a classroom of 30 people it’s a 50-50 chance two have the same birthday).

I have appreciated the discussion as well.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
He's the least-liked candidate to ever win.......

But he still won. He was able to beat all of the losers. He's more likable than, say, Dukakis, and possibly most of the Democrats running in 2020 (and all of the Republicans is who ran in 2016).

He's still polling within 3% of his approval at the time of the election. Hillary has nothing to do with that.

Again, I'm not saying the guy is amazing, and he's certainly not better on the stump than Obama, Clinton, or Reagan. All I'm saying is that he has a way of engaging with a large enough audience that he was able to win one election and is a threat to win another. To you and me, he looks like an unprofessional boob when he talks, but I bet he could sell more cars than either of us.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But the difference is he discusses issues.

Not really. He stuck to a small number of bullet points, most of which translated well into three syllable chants, and was incredibly vague on anything else. "I'm going to fix Healthcare, and it will be easy. Its so easy. I know the best guys."

And because he did that, people like you walk away remembering him as an "issues" guy. He wasn't.

And to keep everything fair, Obama wasn't either in 2008.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
gofigure wrote:

Like I said, the illegal deportations need to be updated as he is trying to best to get around the Dem and liberal judges opposition to this. And of course the economy is his biggest credit......which isn't even listed. Just think where we might be if there hasn't been two years worth of total Dem opposition and spending all their time on Mueller. His accomplishments to date is enough for most people....along with these others....289.... (somewhat outdated but still appropriate) that are not on the list. BTW, gofigure, how do you find the fact that none of the other DJT haters can ID a better candidate from the 20 Dems.......and explain why.. Glad to see you don't participate in the therapy circle jerk.
ps.......sure there are personal and style shortcomings.......but what the Dems are offering is far worse.......don't you think?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...less-promise-keeping
Thanks for the link. Not exactly what I specifically asked for but since you brought it forward. yes it is quite a list of achievements. Some with no merit toward the current administration and would have gone without notice or would be listed even if Joe Smuck had won 2016. I do not begrudge how in many ways we are better off with trump in office and would give credit. Some items on that list I believe to be to our detriment in the long term. Keep patting yourselves on the back and tabulating successes. Being a one trick pony is better than a no trick pony.

This thread was however mainly about how once again the man stepped in it in the matter of racism. And yes, I can see on some topics critical of Trump there is a circling of wagons in criticism. As with Charlottesville 2 years ago, this subject matter is again brought forward and is way beyond, to use your words the "personal and style shortcomings" circle jerk flavor of the month.

So about this topic of just racism/ exclusion, and by extension, lawful immigration positions and policies; and by his own extrapolation the "love or leave" if you dissent from his thinking of what is right for america:
1. You were late to the thread but near as I can tell you have not weighed in on this subject matter specifically. Sorry, but "personal and style shortcomings" I consider to be quite lame.
2. You are always keen to back up stats with reference to media. I only asked if you could provide a reference that was in support of his go back racism nuanced tweets, his allowing the chant and then allowing the chanters an easy exit.
3. Should you ignore a second time, I will only assume of you the worst but will continue to hope that it is just cognitive dissonance on your part. This is not a matter of personal and style shortcomings. IMO

can't say why no one responded to your assessment query of the 20 candidates. Here is mine: On the subject of making race a dominant political wedge issue while nuancing true feelings on race, Trump is without peer. He wins hands down and this position is a losing strategy for Republicans, Democrats and all Americans. As such, all 20 of them are superior candidates. All are on record in dissent of his position.

I do not envy the democratic national party as they hope to provide all 20 equal opportunity to rise to the top. I have no problem with about half of them. It is my hope the selected candidate is chosen from my no problem grouping and I will then support said candidate in the fervent hope others will see that 4 more years of boy king may just be too much for us to overcome. I have faith that some of the "worst" offerings of the worst candidates will never see a president's desk for signing into law. Demagogues may win elections, but our constitutional government provides for the diminishment of their worst offerings and results in reasonable compromised solutions to most our problems. Right now problem #1 is the Demagogue Racist in Chief, DJT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the subject of racism, anyone who answers "but the economy is good," is essentially saying that one can earn the right to be a racist.

But again, that assumes that they actually mean what they say. I'd wager that the majority of his defenders don't care about racism, hardly at all, so the "but the economy" is really just a way of trying to brush it under the rug, not so that they don't see it, but hoping that you don't see it.

And, FWIW, the economy was fixed before he got into office. He's just riding the wave and hasn't fallen off.

Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:
He's the least-liked candidate to ever win.......

But he still won. He was able to beat all of the losers. He's more likable than, say, Dukakis, and possibly most of the Democrats running in 2020 (and all of the Republicans is who ran in 2016).

He's still polling within 3% of his approval at the time of the election. Hillary has nothing to do with that.

Again, I'm not saying the guy is amazing, and he's certainly not better on the stump than Obama, Clinton, or Reagan. All I'm saying is that he has a way of engaging with a large enough audience that he was able to win one election and is a threat to win another. To you and me, he looks like an unprofessional boob when he talks, but I bet he could sell more cars than either of us.

Trump was a great GOP campaigner. Maybe even a genius or idiot savant in that regard.

1.) He wakes up everyday ready to fight. Every. day.
2.) His twitter feed dominates the headlines.
3.) He doesn't "die on that hill" of proven loser GOP purity tests.
4.) He pushes a non-Democrat style populism -- trade and immigration -- to a country trained to love populism.
5.) Granted, part of his appeal is the media/tech/liberal elite structure he stands against.

At the same time Trump is probably the most incompetent President in modern history.
The badness of his Presidency goes well beyond the competence question, though.
Quote Reply

Prev Next