Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:
While I agree, I have a hard time seeing Trump as an engaging speaker.

Not sure if we'd be quibbling on the word "engaging," but........

I heard Scott Adams (who turns out to be a looney Trumper) on a Joe Rogan interview before the election talk about how Trump is the most persuasive speaker running for president he'd ever seen. He pointed to how he uses simple phrases and repeats them over and over again. Joe commented that he didn't think he sounded persuasive at all, but rather like a kid giving a book report to a book he hadn't read.

Here's the rub - he's not persuasive to smart, thoughtful people. But to your average voter, he's a big clown selling hamburgers.

In all seriousness, if you watch the way he talks at some of his rallies, its not much different than an evangelical preacher.

But the difference is he discusses issues. Do you want unlimited illegal immigrants pouring across the border....vote democrat. If you want controlled immigration.....vote DJT. Pretty simple. Do you want "free" health care, college education, $20/hour minimum wage.....vote Dem. How do you think "smart, thoughtful" voters will actually vote?

If trump cared so much illegal immigration, why did he keep hiring them?
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

I heard Scott Adams (who turns out to be a looney Trumper) on a Joe Rogan interview before the election talk about how Trump is the most persuasive speaker running for president he'd ever seen. He pointed to how he uses simple phrases and repeats them over and over again. Joe commented that he didn't think he sounded persuasive at all, but rather like a kid giving a book report to a book he hadn't read.

Here's the rub - he's not persuasive to smart, thoughtful people. But to your average voter, he's a big clown selling hamburgers.

In all seriousness, if you watch the way he talks at some of his rallies, its not much different than an evangelical preacher.

But the difference is he discusses issues. Do you want unlimited illegal immigrants pouring across the border....vote democrat. If you want controlled immigration.....vote DJT. Pretty simple. Do you want "free" health care, college education, $20/hour minimum wage.....vote Dem. How do you think "smart, thoughtful" voters will actually vote?

Again, not much of an answer that has any substance. Have you paid attention to the legislation he has been trying to pass to control illegals.......that keeps getting blocked by liberal dem judges? Have anything better to add....with some substance?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

Were any of those Clinton’s position or on the democratic platform?

They sound like Bernie positions, and he couldn’t win the nomination.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

Were any of those Clinton’s position or on the democratic platform?

They sound like Bernie positions, and he couldn’t win the nomination.

And that's why DJT will win again. Too many people enjoying the DJT economy.....black....white....brown. And every Dem candidate promoting mass immigration and "free" stuff. I think we learned that lesson. DJT has his flaws....but results speak for themself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

Again, not much of an answer that has any substance. Have you paid attention to the legislation he has been trying to pass to control illegals.......that keeps getting blocked by liberal dem judges? Have anything better to add....with some substance?

Haha, your answer has absolutely no substance. You are the one saying that democrats are for unlimited illegal immigrants. How about you actually discuss this in good faith instead of just making stuff up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

Haha, your answer has absolutely no substance. You are the one saying that democrats are for unlimited illegal immigrants. How about you actually discuss this in good faith instead of just making stuff up?[/quote

Guess you missed the last Dem debates. Or maybe you missed Booker walking illegals back into our country. Or did you miss Cortez saying asylum is a right? Or maybe you missed every major dem controlled city in this country providing sanctuary to illegals.....and hindering ICE deportations of illegals. Or the tired "diversity is our strength" from Pelosi? What did you miss? No need to discuss this issue with you.....I learned my lesson in past discussions :) The pro immigration policy of the Dems.....Its pretty obvious to most .people. And why DJT will win again......disagree?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread's still going? Sweet!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

Haha, your answer has absolutely no substance. You are the one saying that democrats are for unlimited illegal immigrants. How about you actually discuss this in good faith instead of just making stuff up?[/quote

Guess you missed the last Dem debates. Or maybe you missed Booker walking illegals back into our country. Or did you miss Cortez saying asylum is a right? Or maybe you missed every major dem controlled city in this country providing sanctuary to illegals.....and hindering ICE deportations of illegals. Or the tired "diversity is our strength" from Pelosi? What did you miss? No need to discuss this issue with you.....I learned my lesson in past discussions :) The pro immigration policy of the Dems.....Its pretty obvious to most .people. And why DJT will win again......disagree?

You clearly did not watch the debates. Nobody said they were for unlimited illegal immigrants. Booker walked refugees, which are legal. Those cities will not hold someone for ICE without a warrant, which is what the constitution allows. Do you want the federal government to have unlimited power to hold American citizens indefinitely? Why do you hate the constitution?

Seriously, get your facts straight and stop with your anti-american nonsense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another thing is if you voted for trump based on his “policies” he ran on, you would be incredibly disappointed.

He ran on draining the swamp (no corruption), convicting Hillary, having Mexico build a wall ( no new sections of walls
Have been built, and Mexico hasn’t paid for anything), having an extreme vetting plan (nothing g has come from this), having a tax plan that didn’t benefit him, repealing and replacing Obamacare with something g more affordable and better for everyone, fixed drug prices, conservative judges (really his only strong check that now seems to be what everyone cares about), getting out of Afghanistan, denuking North Korea, peace in the Middle East, have our allies not laugh at us.

If trump had actually implemented what he ran on, he would be actually popular. At the end of the day trump has continually sided with corporate interests in actual implemtstion of policy while completely dicking over the people who voted for him.

I am not sure that there has even been one policy plan trump has enacted that helps only the working class. Things like deregulation help corporations much more than it does the working man.
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jul 23, 19 19:21
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Another thing is if you voted for trump based on his “policies” he ran on, you would be incredibly disappointed.

He ran on draining the swamp (no corruption), convicting Hillary, having Mexico build a wall ( no new sections of walls
Have been built, and Mexico hasn’t paid for anything), having an extreme vetting plan (nothing g has come from this), having a tax plan that didn’t benefit him, repealing and replacing Obamacare with something g more affordable and better for everyone, fixed drug prices, conservative judges (really his only strong check that now seems to be what everyone cares about), getting out of Afghanistan, denuking North Korea, peace in the Middle East, have our allies not laugh at us.

If trump had actually implemented what he ran on, he would be actually popular.

If trump actually acted on his populist promises, like a huge infrastructure bill, he would be very hard to defeat in '20. Instead of pursuing things that he could peal some democrats to his side, he has pursued a divisive agenda. It really was a strategic mistake. What was the downside, a couple republicans being mad at him? He already has them whipped in line, afraid to step out. Its not like he could not suddenly appoint unqualified judges.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

If trump actually acted on his populist promises, like a huge infrastructure bill, he would be very hard to defeat in '20. Instead of pursuing things that he could peal some democrats to his side, he has pursued a divisive agenda. It really was a strategic mistake. What was the downside, a couple republicans being mad at him? He already has them whipped in line, afraid to step out. Its not like he could not suddenly appoint unqualified judges.

Sorry, this (and patent attorney....sorry, anti trump patent attorney) reply is just blah blah blah. Fact is, there are 20 dem candidates and any/all would/will lose to DJT in 2020. Can you explain why since you (both) continue to criticize/badmouth him?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:

Have been built, and Mexico hasn’t paid for anything), having an extreme vetting plan (nothing g has come from this)
, having a tax plan that didn’t benefit him, repealing and replacing Obamacare with something g more affordable and better for everyone, fixed drug prices, conservative judges (really his only strong check that now seems to be what everyone cares about), getting out of Afghanistan, denuking North Korea, peace in the Middle East, have our allies not laugh at us.

If trump had actually implemented what he ran on, he would be actually popular. At the end of the day trump has continually sided with corporate interests in actual implemtstion of policy while completely dicking over the people who voted for him.

I am not sure that there has even been one policy plan trump has enacted that helps only the working class. Things like deregulation help corporations much more than it does the working man.

And you are/were perplexed as to why some of us didn't believe in him or his "conservatism" pre-election, or that we chose not to vote for him????
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

Have been built, and Mexico hasn’t paid for anything), having an extreme vetting plan (nothing g has come from this)
, having a tax plan that didn’t benefit him, repealing and replacing Obamacare with something g more affordable and better for everyone, fixed drug prices, conservative judges (really his only strong check that now seems to be what everyone cares about), getting out of Afghanistan, denuking North Korea, peace in the Middle East, have our allies not laugh at us.

And you are/were perplexed as to why some of us didn't believe in him or his "conservatism" pre-election, or that we chose not to vote for him????

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the things he HAS accomplished which has resulted in the vast majority of Americans being better off....wages, the best economy in decades, and his pro American stance against those (mostly dems) who criticize our heritage and history has balanced his shortcomings. Just a guess......and still waiting for any anti Trumper here to explain why he will win again in 2020. Or better yet, tell me who among the Dem candidates have a better plan for us......and try to be serious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the things he HAS accomplished which has resulted in the vast majority of Americans being better off....wages, the best economy in decades, and his pro American stance against those (mostly dems) who criticize our heritage and history has balanced his shortcomings. Just a guess......and still waiting for any anti Trumper here to explain why he will win again in 2020. Or better yet, tell me who among the Dem candidates have a better plan for us......and try to be serious.

I've expressed my views above. I regret sitting out the last election. I will not sit out the next one. And unless a better alternative comes out of the Dem side (and thus far Biden is the only one who rises to that possibility), then the possibility of things moving forward as they are, and the possibility of additional conservative judges at all levels will have me voting for Trump. This despite the fact that I find him a despicable human being and most likely the most embarrassing President we have ever had.

Your positions are way over the top to me. I respect your positions. But I don't agree with them.

I will hold my nose and vote. But it will most likely be only because what the other side will put up will be even to the left of Obama and I will believe that ideologically they believe what they will be pushing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All of his plans were still going to be more conservative than Clinton’s overall. Most people now harp on how they love his conservative judges. His picks on judges were either going to be crazy (like judge Judy), celebrities, or conservatives. All which would have been better than Clinton.

None of what is listed there is more liberal that Clinton. Just impossibilities. (Mexico paying for the wall, draining the swamp, great health care - without any plan). Balancing the budget. A lot of what the tea party ran on (which now is destroyed). A lot of what he ran on was pretty far to the right. But did have a lot of populism in his agenda. But as I have said. No policy he has implemented actually helps the general population. Mostly his policies help corporations. Which is not what he ran on. General populism can be conservative. Just not what he has ran on can be.

If you are a fiscal conservative you have to be pretty pissed at how he has handled things.
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jul 23, 19 20:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

I've expressed my views above. I regret sitting out the last election. I will not sit out the next one. And unless a better alternative comes out of the Dem side (and thus far Biden is the only one who rises to that possibility), then the possibility of things moving forward as they are, and the possibility of additional conservative judges at all levels will have me voting for Trump. This despite the fact that I find him a despicable human being and most likely the most embarrassing President we have ever had.

Your positions are way over the top to me. I respect your positions. But I don't agree with them.

I will hold my nose and vote. But it will most likely be only because what the other side will put up will be even to the left of Obama and I will believe that ideologically they believe what they will be pushing.

Sound viewpoint,,,,,,and well said. DJT is far from perfect from a personal side and the way he communicates leaves much to be desired but the alternatives and their positions from the other side are way too radical for most Americans at this point. Maybe the DJT bashing on this site is therapy for others here who refuse to get their heads out and of the (desert) sand and see where the Dems want to take us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My man. Two main things. One you talk about how people voted based on policy. Trump did not implement what he campaigned on. Trump ran on populism. His implementations have almost all unilaterally benefited corporations.

Trumps actions and accountability of making fun of his buffoonery is completely independent from anyone else. His actions warrant badmouthing. You say racist things. You get called out for saying racist things. You put your own self interests in front of what you campaigned on. You deserve to get called out on it.
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jul 23, 19 20:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
All of his plans were still going to be more conservative than Clinton’s overall. Most people now harp on how they love his conservative judges. His picks on judges were either going to be crazy (like judge Judy), celebrities, or conservatives. All which would have been better than Clinton.

None of what is listed there is more liberal that Clinton. Just impossibilities. (Mexico paying for the wall, draining the swamp, great health care - without any plan).

I agree. I’m not comparing them to Clinton. I’m telling you that believing he would cut taxes or regulations. Or appoint conservative judges. Was about as believable to a “hardline conservative”. As his promise to drain the swamp and have Mexico pay for a wall.

If I voted for Hillary you would be right. I voted for neither because I believed them to be both left of center detestable humans
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:
If I could I would vote for Biden. Why? Because he’s milquetoast. Not offensive enough to anyone.

Everyone says they'll vote for Biden, but when push comes to shove, I think they'll back out. People forget that he's not a very good debater, drops a big gaff at least once every two to three weeks, and there's not really anything about him that excites people.

Having said that, he might still be the best option as he might be able to bring a few % more from PA and Ohio. Also, there's really not another good candidate. Generally speaking, I like Warren, but apparently she's not folksy enough for most voters. Kamala Harris appeals to the libs, but she's very whiney. Butedgedge has the most talent, but he's too young, too inexperienced, and too gay. There's jut not a dynamic, exciting person in the race for the Dems.

Politicians really need to figure out that personality is what matters. Yeah people talk about issues and all that crap but really we want to be hooked by an engaging speaker.

Really? Actually, what we found out as a result of the 2016 election is this kind of thinking is wrong and that people vote on issues. Voters were totally fed up with Obama"s policies and what Hillary would continue......and what Biden will continue if he is the nominee. Biden wants free healthcare for illegal immigrants (as well as most other Dem candidates).....most sane people do not. They can have all the engaging nonsense they want. Which is just one reason DJT will win again in 2020 .....because of his America first policies. And why you and the other anti Trump liberals on this forum will have each to console for another four years. Feel free to read.

https://www.wsj.com/...conomies-11562199595

Welcome back. See not much has changed. Would read the article linked, but the WSJ is a true capitalist paper and would like my subscription before they allow me to read all. This post is about racism. Tangentially there is discussion of the upcoming race and how he is picking an easy foil in the progressive squad of american haters. So now that you mention the good economic news that sprouts from all things Trump, would you not be more pleased if Trump were talking about that rather than the topic of racism. Hate and fear continue to be his ace in the hole. Would you not concede that he may just alienate the potential white middle class voter who also wants to keep the monies flowing but also has clients or employees,or even friends who are black or brown and finds his attacks here more than just a bit off putting? Some of us vote for our national well being and not our pocketbooks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

Sorry, this (and patent attorney....sorry, anti trump patent attorney) reply is just blah blah blah. Fact is, there are 20 dem candidates and any/all would/will lose to DJT in 2020. Can you explain why since you (both) continue to criticize/badmouth him?

Explain what? Should I not bad mouth a racist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
his pro American stance against those (mostly dems) who criticize our heritage and history has balanced his shortcomings.

trump does not have a pro-American stance. He won't even defend western liberalism.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To me I can see that point of view. So not perplexed by it. I just actually find it crazy.

You couldn’t vote for trump because he was a wildcard. But now that you know he supports a far right agenda you are fine with it. Trumps actions as a person have not moved the needle to anything positive.

So really beforehand you had to make a choice of if you though Hillary or trump would be more conservative. (Because trumps detestability as person has only gotten worse. I really can’t see someone factoring that intonthe decision.)And you couldn’t make that decision. That is crazy to me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next