Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
If I could I would vote for Biden. Why? Because he’s milquetoast. Not offensive enough to anyone.

Sure the far lefties will bitch and moan about ‘old white guy’ but some will still vote for him because they hate Trump. Some people from the other side will vote for him because he’s not Trump and he’s not Far left crazy.

Also GOPers in general have shown that they don’t mind voting for a guy that gropes women so there’s that too.

Yep. Scary that this is what the office of POTUS has come to.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
If I could I would vote for Biden. Why? Because he’s milquetoast. Not offensive enough to anyone.

Sure the far lefties will bitch and moan about ‘old white guy’ but some will still vote for him because they hate Trump. Some people from the other side will vote for him because he’s not Trump and he’s not Far left crazy.

Also GOPers in general have shown that they don’t mind voting for a guy that gropes women so there’s that too.

Cool. I will vote for both of us then. For a lot of the same reasons.

And as I have stated if he is the eventual nominee, and if the election were today, I would most likely vote for him over Trump. For all those same reasons again. I don't think he will go very far off center and setting aside the creepy factor I think he is a much better man.

Some of it would depend on the VP candidate though because I'm not sure old Joe can go the distance of a 4 or 8 year term
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Yep. Scary that this is what the office of POTUS has come to.

Is America Great again yet?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Cool. I will vote for both of us then. For a lot of the same reasons.

And as I have stated if he is the eventual nominee, and if the election were today, I would most likely vote for him over Trump. For all those same reasons again. I don't think he will go very far off center and setting aside the creepy factor I think he is a much better man.

Some of it would depend on the VP candidate though because I'm not sure old Joe can go the distance of a 4 or 8 year term

Crap, I forgot about that part. Who the hell would I want him to pick? I’d have to read more about the others to give a good answer on that. But someobody else who is the least offensive to most.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well let’s you and I Get him to the nomination.

We can’t solve all the problems of this continent at one time.

#MNAGA
Last edited by: ironmayb: Jul 22, 19 18:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Everyone says they'll vote for Biden, but when push comes to shove, I think they'll back out. People forget that he's not a very good debater, drops a big gaff at least once every two to three weeks, and there's not really anything about him that excites people.

Having said that, he might still be the best option as he might be able to bring a few % more from PA and Ohio. Also, there's really not another good candidate. Generally speaking, I like Warren, but apparently she's not folksy enough for most voters. Kamala Harris appeals to the libs, but she's very whiney. Butedgedge has the most talent, but he's too young, too inexperienced, and too gay. There's jut not a dynamic, exciting person in the race for the Dems.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

Everyone says they'll vote for Biden, but when push comes to shove, I think they'll back out. People forget that he's not a very good debater, drops a big gaff at least once every two to three weeks, and there's not really anything about him that excites people.

Having said that, he might still be the best option as he might be able to bring a few % more from PA and Ohio. Also, there's really not another good candidate. Generally speaking, I like Warren, but apparently she's not folksy enough for most voters. Kamala Harris appeals to the libs, but she's very whiney. Butedgedge has the most talent, but he's too young, too inexperienced, and too gay. There's jut not a dynamic, exciting person in the race for the Dems.

Politicians really need to figure out that personality is what matters. Yeah people talk about issues and all that crap but really we want to be hooked by an engaging speaker.

Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://twitter.com/.../1153693921542909953

Ignorant or Racist?

Does it matter?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

Politicians really need to figure out that personality is what matters. Yeah people talk about issues and all that crap but really we want to be hooked by an engaging speaker.

While I agree, I have a hard time seeing Trump as an engaging speaker. Really people just want to be entertained, an engaging speaker is entertaining. You can also be sort of train wreck like Trump and still be entertaining.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1153693921542909953

Ignorant or Racist?

Does it matter?
Neither. He is signaling "I'd hit it."
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1153693921542909953

Ignorant or Racist?

Does it matter?

Racist. But not for the reason you think.

I believe he's saying "AOC is A-Ok!" with a heavily and comically affected Asian accent.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, of course he is...as he's already proved that in Charlottesville and other places. In addition to that, he's a fucking moron...just ask Rex.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump is engaging for his base. The kind of people who lap up his garbage as if it’s fact.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

Really? Actually, what we found out as a result of the 2016 election is this kind of thinking is wrong and that people vote on issues. Voters were totally fed up with Obama"s policies and what Hillary would continue......and what Biden will continue if he is the nominee. Biden wants free healthcare for illegal immigrants (as well as most other Dem candidates).....most sane people do not. They can have all the engaging nonsense they want. Which is just one reason DJT will win again in 2020 .....because of his America first policies. And why you and the other anti Trump liberals on this forum will have each to console for another four years. Feel free to read.

https://www.wsj.com/...conomies-11562199595
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey you’re back. Good for you. Trump won because Hillary was ridiculously unlikable.

End of story.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think there is more to the story than just Hillary being unlikeable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And trump lost popular vote bigly in 2016 (won because of electoral college - kudos to trump). and dems took the house in 2018 in large part as rebuke of the orange one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:

Not really. If she wasn’t so unlikable more middle of the road voters would have voted for her. But they couldn’t stomach the thought of her so they either stayed home, voted 3rd party as a fuck you vote or voted for the buffoon as a fuck you vote.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

Not really. If she wasn’t so unlikable more middle of the road voters would have voted for her. But they couldn’t stomach the thought of her so they either stayed home, voted 3rd party as a fuck you vote or voted for the buffoon as a fuck you vote.

So, curious. You have.....what....20 different Dem candidates, many of which have very engaging personalities. So what is the reason why whoever is the Dem will lose to DJT in 2020. Dems like to say DJT is racist what else do they have to attract voters? And they like to say DJT supporters must be racist to vote for him..You agree? And what is your reaction to the article I previously attached......fake news?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Trump is engaging for his base. The kind of people who lap up his garbage as if it’s fact.

And look who shows up right on cue...!
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
BLeP wrote:

And look who shows up right on cue...!

Have any substance to add to the discussion? Or are you like thr typical Dem candidate?
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
While I agree, I have a hard time seeing Trump as an engaging speaker.

Not sure if we'd be quibbling on the word "engaging," but........

I heard Scott Adams (who turns out to be a looney Trumper) on a Joe Rogan interview before the election talk about how Trump is the most persuasive speaker running for president he'd ever seen. He pointed to how he uses simple phrases and repeats them over and over again. Joe commented that he didn't think he sounded persuasive at all, but rather like a kid giving a book report to a book he hadn't read.

Here's the rub - he's not persuasive to smart, thoughtful people. But to your average voter, he's a big clown selling hamburgers.

In all seriousness, if you watch the way he talks at some of his rallies, its not much different than an evangelical preacher.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Last edited by: BarryP: Jul 23, 19 17:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Here's the rub - he's not persuasive to smart, thoughtful people. But to your average voter, he's a big clown selling hamburgers.

The vast majority of voters found him obnoxious and offensive. Problem was, half of that majority couldn't stomach Hillary, and a large enough percentage of the minority of voters liked that hamburger selling clown to tip the EC in his favor.

He's the least-liked candidate to ever win the Presidency, and I'm pretty sure the polling on negatives confirmed that.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:
While I agree, I have a hard time seeing Trump as an engaging speaker.

Not sure if we'd be quibbling on the word "engaging," but........

I heard Scott Adams (who turns out to be a looney Trumper) on a Joe Rogan interview before the election talk about how Trump is the most persuasive speaker running for president he'd ever seen. He pointed to how he uses simple phrases and repeats them over and over again. Joe commented that he didn't think he sounded persuasive at all, but rather like a kid giving a book report to a book he hadn't read.

In all seriousness, if you watch the way he talks at some of his rallies, its not much different than an evangelical preacher.

But the difference is he discusses issues. Do you want unlimited illegal immigrants pouring across the border....vote democrat. If you want controlled immigration.....vote DJT. Pretty simple. Do you want "free" health care, college education, $20/hour minimum wage.....vote Dem. How do you think "smart, thoughtful" voters will actually vote?
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:

The vast majority of voters found him obnoxious and offensive. Problem was, half of that majority couldn't stomach Hillary, and a large enough percentage of the minority of voters liked that hamburger selling clown to tip the EC in his favor.

He's the least-liked candidate to ever win the Presidency, and I'm pretty sure the polling on negatives confirmed that.

Got the same question for you. There are 20 Dem candidates and Hillary isnt around. Tell me why Trump will defeat any one of them. Where is your argument now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next