Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you even read? Look at the tweets.

"Progressive" Democrat Congresswomen .... countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe ... telling the people of the United States ... how our government is to be run.

Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places ... Then come back and show us how it is done.

He's talking about how governments are run (policies) and to go back and fix it, AND THEN COME BACK and show us how it's done.

Yet, somehow you read it as, "Hey brown people, go back to your brown countries and never come back."
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Can you even read? Look at the tweets.

"Progressive" Democrat Congresswomen .... countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe ... telling the people of the United States ... how our government is to be run.

Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places ... Then come back and show us how it is done.

He's talking about how governments are run (policies) and to go back and fix it, AND THEN COME BACK and show us how it's done.

Yet, somehow you read it as, "Hey brown people, go back to your brown countries and never come back."

So what country is AOC originally from?
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [ACE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the same horseshit excuse Svenn tried to trot out... It's horseshit because he's gotten all sorts of flak from progressives, but he only told the brown-skinned ones to "go back where they came from" even though 3 or the 4 were born here and the other grew up here.

Please tell us where he's told any white progressive critic (Shirley you can't believe there haven't been any) to go back where they came from. He'll take plenty of other shots at their character, intelligence, whatever, but he's only brandished that particular slam against people who weren't white.

Why do you suppose that is?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
where did I say that makes any sense?

I am saying that if that is people’s defense, it is a wild defense.

Calling a defense wild does not mean I agree with it.

Also a fascist telling progressives to leave the America because they are not living up to American ideals/hating the country, makes zero sense.

If Obama or Clinton, or Bush is still president and a congressman or women comes in and says " we should pass a law that gives all the money in the US to the Russians and another one that turns over all of our nukes to Iran and dismantles our military" Would it be fascists of the president to tell that person those shit policies are a danger to our society and you should get the hell out of town if you want to pass those bills?

I think Trump is stupid and reacts like a school yard bully to anyone that goes against him. In this case, he thinks the Squads ideas are bad for the country so in his 7 year old brain, he tells them to get the hell out of here with that junk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
He attacked "The Squad", and not for their skin color, but their progressive ideas (Greeen New Deal, etc).

That was literally your argument. The president attacked the squad not for their skin color but because of their ideas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Would it be fascists of the president to tell that person those shit policies are a danger to our society and you should get the hell out of town if you want to pass those bills?

Yes. Most presidents will say their ideas are dangerous, and they dont agree with them. Not that they should be deported.

if we are going to say we need to deport people for their ideas/policies that is dangerous. Steve King is a far right politician, people have argued his ideas are shit and not helping the country. This if FAR different than saying lets deport him.
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jul 19, 19 14:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Quote:
Would it be fascists of the president to tell that person those shit policies are a danger to our society and you should get the hell out of town if you want to pass those bills?

Yes. Most presidents will say their ideas are dangerous, and they dont agree with them. Not that they should be deported.

Don't recall him saying they should be deported. I think a self imposed removal from the country was implied. Also, there is your 7 year old Trump brain coming out. No one said he was smart.

But damn that economy is good and we are living in a time of sustained peace and prosperity.
Last edited by: ACE: Jul 19, 19 14:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have we been arguing that the economy is not good or in a time of sustained peace and prosperity?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
have we been arguing that the economy is not good or in a time of sustained peace and prosperity?

No just like to throw that in. Probably why none of this matters much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They were literally cheering "send her back"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Not that they should be deported.

Who said deport them?

Trump said go back and fix (with your progressive policies) those countries with lousy governments and then COME BACK and tell us how to do it.

Your cognitive blindness is astounding. You must literally see different words than are actually there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:

Are we going from Trumps tweets to a crowd at a rally now? Jumping all over the place.

I will grant you some folks at the rally wanted a less than voluntary removal for the Squad. Trump claims today he was not in support of that notion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

If Obama or Clinton, or Bush is still president and a congressman or women comes in and says " we should pass a law that gives all the money in the US to the Russians and another one that turns over all of our nukes to Iran and dismantles our military" Would it be fascists of the president to tell that person those shit policies are a danger to our society and you should get the hell out of town if you want to pass those bills?

You were the one who brought up a totally different situation.
Quote:

Trump claims today he was not in support of that notion.

Trump today said he was fine with that notion.
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jul 19, 19 14:41
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Who cares? I'm not concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

Who said deport them?

Trump said go back and fix (with your progressive policies) those countries with lousy governments and then COME BACK and tell us how to do it.

Your cognitive blindness is astounding. You must literally see different words than are actually there.

He said the countries they originally came from were corrupt and inept. What country is AOC originally from? Is that country's government corrupt and inept?
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least everyone here can agree that efrand doesnt care about being factual correct (including himself).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Quote:

You were the one who brought up a totally different situation.
Quote:

Trump claims today he was not in support of that notion.

Trump today said he was fine with that notion.

did he really say he supported the crowds chant and in fact would encourage it and they should deport the Squad by raiding their offices with ICE? I did not see that article. Can you post a link?

I did see this though. https://www.foxnews.com/...-send-her-back-chant
Last edited by: ACE: Jul 19, 19 14:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he was asked today if he was unhappy with the crowd chanting send her back, he responded with no.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
he was asked today if he was unhappy with the crowd chanting send her back, he responded with no.

I trust you but would cool to see link to the story. That contradicts the one I posted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

Who cares? I'm not concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct.

So AOC should stay in Congress then, because that is the best place for her to work on fixing her country.

What country is Rashida Tlaib from?

What country is Ayana Pressley from?

Shouldn't they stay in congress to address corruption in their country's corruption?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He said that he was not unhappy, and called the people chanting patriots. That seems like he was fine with the notion of them chanting send her back.

If you want to talk about your later points you brought in about bringing in ICE, I agree no one but yourself has said that. Your initial comment was about trump disavowing the notion of "send her back"
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jul 19, 19 14:53
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
No, and nothing.

What if he's a democrat and he attacks Trump? Can I call him the N-word then?

I think you might be missing the point. It doesn't matter what anyone does or says to you, it does not justify throwing racist comments at them.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

Who said deport them?

I completely agree with you and am convinced by your words.

I'm sure that at the next Trump rally he will lead the cheer: "Please come back! Please come back!
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just responding to the last post.

Trump has a long history (almost daily, if not hourly) of saying stupid stuff because it is what comes to his mind at that moment. The LR has been full of threads talking about how he does this. I think that most would agree that much of what he says is NOT what he actually thinks (or at least I hope not). For that matter, it seems like he loves nothing more than saying something that causes people to flip out. He seems to thrive on that.

So I don't know that now is the time to decide that his words actually reflect his heart.

That being said. I will not defend what he said. It could certainly be construed the wrong way - like much of everything else that comes from him. The guy simply doesn't have the filter that most of us do. As someone else said a couple of pages back - it is probably best to ask the people who actually know him. Because truth be told, I don't think any of us can trust what he says as actually being heartfelt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
I've been trying not to pay attention.

Can somebody fill me in? Did a NC crowd chant "send her back"? I couldn't figure it out based on the 17 other threads about the Twatter in Chief.

Well?!? Did they???
Quote Reply

Prev Next