Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [swimwithstones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimwithstones wrote:
JSA wrote:
So, I’ll say it for the fourth (or maybe fifth) time - I’m not defending his conduct and it is indefensible. Again, I’m merely asking people to criticize what he actually said. Swim with stones did not do that. You did, and it wasn’t difficult, was it??? I don’t think I that is too much to ask.

I'm going to have to beg to differ with you. You think I think his actions are racist because he told them to get out. That's not what I said.

I'm saying he's racist because he told them to go back to where they were originally from. Three of the four of them are originally from the US, but of course, that's not what he meant. He meant they should go back to the country of their ancestors. But by suggesting where they're originally from is the same as where their ancestors are from, he is clearly saying that somehow they are not from America.

I don't care if he said they should come back or not. If you're focused on that, you're missing the issue. He is calling them "other." That's the point.

This is what I originally asked. Now you have explained. I appreciate that. I do not disagree with you. I did take issue with how you originally expressed your position. Now I see where you are coming from. Thank you! With this, I agree.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [swimwithstones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimwithstones wrote:
JSA wrote:
So, I’ll say it for the fourth (or maybe fifth) time - I’m not defending his conduct and it is indefensible. Again, I’m merely asking people to criticize what he actually said. Swim with stones did not do that. You did, and it wasn’t difficult, was it??? I don’t think I that is too much to ask.

I'm going to have to beg to differ with you. You think I think his actions are racist because he told them to get out. That's not what I said.

I'm saying he's racist because he told them to go back to where they were originally from. Three of the four of them are originally from the US, but of course, that's not what he meant. He meant they should go back to the country of their ancestors. But by suggesting where they're originally from is the same as where their ancestors are from, he is clearly saying that somehow they are not from America.

I don't care if he said they should come back or not. If you're focused on that, you're missing the issue. He is calling them "other." That's the point.

And... it's ok for him to say that America isn't great (because he's white? Because he's Trump? I don't know). But it's not ok for them foreign looking people to say America isn't great.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
swimwithstones wrote:
JSA wrote:

This is what I originally asked. Now you have explained. I appreciate that. I do not disagree with you. I did take issue with how you originally expressed your position. Now I see where you are coming from. Thank you! With this, I agree.

So, we'll mark that as a yes to the OP's question.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Puppy must have you in a good mood. ;)

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
JSA wrote:
swimwithstones wrote:
JSA wrote:

So, we'll mark that as a yes to the OP's question.

I thought my earlier response would put me in the "yes" camp, but, ok.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

Yeah! Aside from the lack of sleep, she makes my very happy! ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I don't speak lawyer, but so forgive me if I was left with a less than 100% clear answer on your response to me:

Quote:
I've explained this before. I know you want a yes or no answer. I cannot give it. I said before - I don't know, but, he acts like it. I don't know whether that is his true feeling or he is playing to a group of his supporters. Now, that doesn't make it right. Doesn't excuse it. Doesn't make it ok. But, I simply do not know. He certainly says things that give that impression and I cannot and will not defend that behavior.

You cleared it up with your last response to swimwithstones that I quoted.

If you made a more definitive statement in your discussion with chaparal, I must admit not reading past the juvenile exchange between the two of you.

I will retract the comparison between you and that spineless former speaker of the house from your state.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Quote:

I don't speak lawyer, but so forgive me if I was left with a less than 100% clear answer on your response to me:

Quote:

I've explained this before. I know you want a yes or no answer. I cannot give it. I said before - I don't know, but, he acts like it. I don't know whether that is his true feeling or he is playing to a group of his supporters. Now, that doesn't make it right. Doesn't excuse it. Doesn't make it ok. But, I simply do not know. He certainly says things that give that impression and I cannot and will not defend that behavior.

You cleared it up with your last response to swimwithstones that I quoted.

If you made a more definitive statement in your discussion with chaparal, I must admit not reading past the juvenile exchange between the two of you.

I will retract the comparison between you and that spineless former speaker of the house from your state.

Ha! Thanks! I think ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

so she hasn't shit in her crate and flung it all over the floor and walls yet? That was the hidden talent of our Husky pup. It was awesome spraying the crate at 2am in February. Good girl was with us for 14 awesome years though.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
JSA wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

so she hasn't shit in her crate and flung it all over the floor and walls yet? That was the hidden talent of our Husky pup. It was awesome spraying the crate at 2am in February. Good girl was with us for 14 awesome years though.

She had one incident where she shit all over her crate blanket. Fortunately, nearly all of it was in the blanket.

But, this "impressed" me - I put her in her crate with a ball that holds dog food so she has to pick it out. She loves food. I thought that would make her happy and keep her occupied. She chewed up the food and spit it out, smearing it all over the metal bars in the crate door and all over the blanket and walls. It wasn't poo. It wasn't puke. It was barely chewed dog food spit out all over everything. That was fun ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
JSA wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

She had one incident where she shit all over her crate blanket. Fortunately, nearly all of it was in the blanket.

But, this "impressed" me - I put her in her crate with a ball that holds dog food so she has to pick it out. She loves food. I thought that would make her happy and keep her occupied. She chewed up the food and spit it out, smearing it all over the metal bars in the crate door and all over the blanket and walls. It wasn't poo. It wasn't puke. It was barely chewed dog food spit out all over everything. That was fun ...

You cleaned that up? She was just saving that for later.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to Duffy, no.

Sean Duffy that is.

Duffy defended Trump on the floor, saying the president’s remarks could not be racist because they did not cite anyone’s race.

https://www.jsonline.com/...american/1749509001/

Can't argue with that logic...
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lindsay Graham's views have devolved.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is something I REALLY dont understand. HOW do these peoples view changes THIS WAY.

in the other thread you have Ripple (I think) saying there is no way could have known trump would be THIS bad (even worse on the campaign trail). If you thought he was horrible then, how are you ok with it now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lindsay wants either:

1. To get re-elected
2. A better job in the Administration.
3. Avoid the the release of compromising info someone in Trump's circle has on him.

Either way, he is a spineless piece of political garbage who has locked his future to Trump's trajectory.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes

Like Stephen Colbert said recently about #45's racist tweets attacking four women of color, "a new personal best at being the worst!"

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Lindsay wants either:

1. To get re-elected
2. A better job in the Administration.
3. Avoid the the release of compromising info someone in Trump's circle has on him.

Either way, he is a spineless piece of political garbage who has locked his future to Trump's trajectory.

I can't remember who it was or where I heard it, I think on a Sam Harris podcast, somebody who backstage before an event with Lindsey when Trump was on his way to winning the nomination. The person was saying how Linsay was bad mouthing Trump and openly wondering why they couldn't just kick him out of the Republican party.

Even among big time politicians this guy takes the cake for spineless garbage. Trump has made him his bitch. In fact the irony of all this with the angst on the left is that Trump has made the Republican party his bitch and is in the process of degrading the right for a long time to come.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
swimwithstones wrote:
JSA wrote:

I understand you get paid to argue w/ people for a living (like the Monty Python skit only w/ the ironic humor surgically removed), but FFS this was plainly obvious to everyone but the most raging pedant (or unapologetic Trump ballwasher) already.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
JSA wrote:
swimwithstones wrote:
JSA wrote:

I understand you get paid to argue w/ people for a living (like the Monty Python skit only w/ the ironic humor surgically removed), but FFS this was plainly obvious to everyone but the most raging pedant (or unapologetic Trump ballwasher) already.

That's not what he originally said. But, I understand you being too stupid to see that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly I don't think any of us could know based on TV appearances. There is a whole lot of spin on everything he does. I think only if you knew him directly and worked with him one-on-one would you really know. But, I think that he has married a person from another country and is in good regards with his Jewish Son-in-law suggest he is not racist. Certainly not proof, but I don't think too many racists do these things.

So what to the non-politically motivated people who know him best say? They would be a better judge than any of us.

I know my SIL who is black and other Blacks I have worked with say they can tell pretty quickly if a person is good or bad person. Racists and even subtle racism is detected quickly. Or at least if they are not sure they may have a concern quickly which can be further vetted over time.

So for now I think No he is not racist, but I am certainly not in the right position to know.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Honestly I don't think any of us could know based on TV appearances. There is a whole lot of spin on everything he does. I think only if you knew him directly and worked with him one-on-one would you really know. But, I think that he has married a person from another country and is in good regards with his Jewish Son-in-law suggest he is not racist. Certainly not proof, but I don't think too many racists do these things.

So what to the non-politically motivated people who know him best say? They would be a better judge than any of us.

I know my SIL who is black and other Blacks I have worked with say they can tell pretty quickly if a person is good or bad person. Racists and even subtle racism is detected quickly. Or at least if they are not sure they may have a concern quickly which can be further vetted over time.

So for now I think No he is not racist, but I am certainly not in the right position to know.

Huh? You know it's possible to be cool w/ European foreigners and Jews, but still be racist towards brown folks? Racist doesn't mean you hate all other ethnic groups equally, in fact quite the contrary.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70Trigirl wrote:
Yes

Like Stephen Colbert said recently about #45's racist tweets attacking four women of color, "a new personal best at being the worst!"

Perspective is an interesting thing. You see it as him attacking four women of color. I see it as him attacking four political opponents who have been very outspoken in their hate for him. If you say you want to impeach the motherfucker than you better be ready for his anger.

One thing is for sure, he is an equal opportunity asshole to everyone, regardless of race, religion, or creed.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
70Trigirl wrote:
Yes

Perspective is an interesting thing. You see it as him attacking four women of color. I see it as him attacking four political opponents who have been very outspoken in their hate for him. If you say you want to impeach the motherfucker than you better be ready for his anger.

One thing is for sure, he is an equal opportunity asshole to everyone, regardless of race, religion, or creed.

He seems to except Norwegians. Specifically. Apparently Swedes and Danes can go eff themselves.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But those 4 are hardly his only/most vocal critics... How many white critics has he told to go back to where they came from? Riddle me that...

He didn't just tell them to STFU, or even the more generic jingoist "Love it or leave it"; No, he told 3 Americans who were born here and 1 more who is a naturalized citizen to "go back where they came from" ~ now why would he use that particular slam among all the possible counterattacks if it were simply a matter of lashing back against a generic political opponent, as opposed to ones who look a certain way?

The fact is he is NOT an equal opportunity asshole to everyone regardless of background. He's certainly a broad-spectrum asshole alright, but nevertheless he reserves different brands of venom for people of different race/ethnicity, gender, religion, etc, and not only in this latest instance. If you can't see that, you're deliberately ignoring it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next