Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I am certain that I can tell you the answer that every single poster will give you. I haven’t been wrong yet.

Two answers so far:

1) Yes, because he does and says a lot of racist things just as he always has.

2) No, because being labeled a racist would be bad for my leader and I always support my leader, facts be damned.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
So the issue of removing confederate statues is passed? There "were" very fine people on both sides?

The question asked to trump asked and answered was about two groups. The alt-left and white supremacists.

Reporter: "Mr. President, are you putting what you’re calling the alt-left and white supremacists on the same moral plane?" ....

Trump: "I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this: You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs -- and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch.

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"
Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

No not THAT exchange. The other one. The good one.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:
I am certain that I can tell you the answer that every single poster will give you. I haven’t been wrong yet.

Two answers so far:

1) Yes, because he does and says a lot of racist things just as he always has.

2) No, because being labeled a racist would be bad for my leader and I always support my leader, facts be damned.

There is a third answer.

3) Conspicuous contributors who haven't chimed in because they think he's a racist, but don't want to publicly admit it.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
No ...
Amazing how many here haven't a clue what a racist is.

The best definition I have read is someone uses race to suppress the liberty of another person. I think what you might be arguing is that Trump's tweets are simple political strategy. He doesn't "hate" AOC because of her cultural heritage, he simply views her as his political enemy. If you start with the believe that his ends are justified and you ignore the content of his speech then this is just political theater.

Of course that is absurd. He is specifically using race as a means to undermine his opponents. That makes him a racist regardless of his intent. Some have argued that his intent was to give AOC a larger megaphone and further the division of the Democratic party. Okay. That still makes him a racist.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or 3) White Supremacy is a powerful drug
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NO
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
No. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Trump is racist like so many old white men I've met (some of whom are family members) who say and believe racist things but who could never be convinced they're racist because they're not the image of racism they grew up with.

Trump clearly views non-whites as other, and this tweet and past statements and actions reinforce that viewpoint. I'm not aware of him advising any white progressive America Haters to go back to their respective "home" countries, but it's possible I just missed those.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a grandmother that was racist by todays standards. She would never call herself that. She really wasnt racist, but just the times have changed.

I remember one day one of my friends (who was black) came over to play. I dont really remember her exact reflection on the situation but it was something along the lines of "she was so proud that i thought so highly of her that I didnt even need to tell her in advance that my friend was black. Especially because my friend was as dark as night."
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jul 17, 19 8:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
I had a grandmother that was racist by todays standards. She would never call herself that. She really wasnt racist, but just the times have changed.

I remember one day one of my friends (who was black) came over to play. I dont really remember her exact reflection on the situation but it was something along the lines of "she was so proud that i thought so highly of her that I didnt even need to tell her in advance that my friend was black. Especially because my friend was as dark as night."

I find it amusing to see my racist Trump supporting uncle on FB defending this sort of thing as not racist. I just don't know if he really believes he isn't racist or what.

We see them every summer and Christmas when we go home to visit. After last year's visit my 11 year old daughter asked, "Why is Uncle .... nice to black people in public when he says such mean things about them in private?"

If a kid is picking up on something like that when she only sees him for a few hours a couple days out of the year, he might be a racist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Yes.

https://nypost.com/...t-too-far-this-time/

this is pretty close to where I am at (again)
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

You mean the one where he says:

You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.
and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are racists, by definition. A lot of them are the product of their times and the world around them. But most of them don't act out of their racism, thus there are little harm done.

Trump, on the other hand, is not only a racist, but also acting on that racism by his executive power; That's what makes him particularly harmful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. In the same way that every person on the planet is. Mostly he's an ass.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.
and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally

Why would good people want statues of rebel scum?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

Why does it matter why the white supremacists were there? That does not stop them from being white supremacists.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Perseus wrote:

Trump is racist like so many old white men I've met (some of whom are family members) who say and believe racist things but who could never be convinced they're racist because they're not the image of racism they grew up with.

Trump clearly views non-whites as other, and this tweet and past statements and actions reinforce that viewpoint. I'm not aware of him advising any white progressive America Haters to go back to their respective "home" countries, but it's possible I just missed those.

Are any white progressive Americans saying the same things as Oman, AOC, and Tlaib?
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [jkstevens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkstevens wrote:
He's an elitist. Doesn't care what color/race/creed/sex you are, he believes he's better than you. Than us. Than all of us.
I completely agree.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No

Obama was tho
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
sphere wrote:
Perseus wrote:

Are any white progressive Americans saying the same things as Oman, AOC, and Tlaib?

I don't keep up enough to be able to answer your question, but I think it would be just as comical for Trump to tell white progressive "Americans" to go back to where they came from. But we both know that wouldn't happen, don't we.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
sphere wrote:
Perseus wrote:

What exactly have they said?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What in particular are you referring to?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Perseus wrote:
sphere wrote:
Perseus wrote:

What exactly have they said?
Don't play dumb. You know exactly what they've said. You can search the internet all day to find stories linking the shitty things DJT says but you can't be bothered to find all the bullshit they have?

You're the worst. You beat Barry handily in a battle of intellectual dishonesty.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Perseus wrote:
sphere wrote:
Perseus wrote:

I don't keep up enough to be able to answer your question, but I think it would be just as comical for Trump to tell white progressive "Americans" to go back to where they came from. But we both know that wouldn't happen, don't we.
I think it's difficult to under estimate what foolish things Trump might say.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of intellectual dishonesty, of what relevance does what they said have to do with Trump's comments? Is someone trying to suggest that they EARNED racist remarks because of their behavior?

Quote:
Don't play dumb. You know exactly what they've said. You can search the internet all day to find stories linking the shitty things DJT says but you can't be bothered to find all the bullshit they have?

You're the worst. You beat Barry handily in a battle of intellectual dishonesty.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply

Prev Next