Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
She was probably afraid that it was going to take off and crash and she wouldn't be able to do anything about it. I don't think any normal person would really be traumatized after waking up on a plane that was safely "parked" at an airport. It would be an inconvenience, but not trauma worthy.

15 minutes of fame and an easy pay day. That's all this is for her.

But, more important issue here - why is she (and BLeP) blaming someone else for her own stupidity? Seriously, can a grown ass woman really not be responsible enough to board a 90 minute flight and depart upon conclusion of that flight? Really? That's too much to ask now? Really??

Weren't you the one who schooled me on the concept of the "eggshell plaintiff" back in the day when some senator sued a restaurant because he bit into an olive pit in an "olive wrap" sandwich?

Where do you draw the line?

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The flight attendants have to inspect the cabin for landing, they would have seen her lying across the seats.

I think she hid in the bathroom and the FA didn’t notice that she was missing. Now she’s trying to get some money out of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
JSA wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
She was probably afraid that it was going to take off and crash and she wouldn't be able to do anything about it. I don't think any normal person would really be traumatized after waking up on a plane that was safely "parked" at an airport. It would be an inconvenience, but not trauma worthy.

But, more important issue here - why is she (and BLeP) blaming someone else for her own stupidity? Seriously, can a grown ass woman really not be responsible enough to board a 90 minute flight and depart upon conclusion of that flight? Really? That's too much to ask now? Really??

Weren't you the one who schooled me on the concept of the "eggshell plaintiff" back in the day when some senator sued a restaurant because he bit into an olive pit in an "olive wrap" sandwich?

I don’t remember a case regarding an olive pit, but I do remember talking about the eggshell plaintiff rule. If I remember correctly, I explained the rule, but also disagreed with it. But that situation would not apply here if she is responsible for being on the plane, which I suspect is the case.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slink wrote:
The flight attendants have to inspect the cabin for landing, they would have seen her lying across the seats.

I think she hid in the bathroom and the FA didn’t notice that she was missing. Now she’s trying to get some money out of it.

So they don't inspect the bathrooms?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just assumed all modern commercial passenger planes had cameras on loop recording in the cabin areas these days. For all sorts of reasons.

If so, seems like they would shed some light on what happened.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
slink wrote:

The worst thing is if they didn't inspect the bathroom. People feel ill they go to the bathroom. Some of those people are seriously ill and having something like a heart attack. Then they die in the bathroom.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
BLeP wrote:
slink wrote:

The worst thing is if they didn't inspect the bathroom. People feel ill they go to the bathroom. Some of those people are seriously ill and having something like a heart attack. Then they die in the bathroom.

It's part of my point. I think that regardless of how she ended up on the plane alone (intentional or otherwise) the flight crew seriously dropped the ball.

There should not be anyone left on the plane. Ever. For any reason.

That anyone is arguing against that point is madness. JSA, I am looking in your direction.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m not arguing that the flight crew didn’t screw up. They absolutely did. I just was saying that they are required to go through the cabin and check that everyone is in landing position and probably would have seen someone sprawled out over three seats. But maybe they don’t check the bathrooms?

A few years ago Air Canada was in the news for noticing that an old man had young looking hands and they discovered someone trying to flee their home country dressed up like an old man. If they can do that, how did they fail to notice a human still in the plane?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
MOP_Mike wrote:
JSA wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

I don’t remember a case regarding an olive pit, but I do remember talking about the eggshell plaintiff rule. If I remember correctly, I explained the rule, but also disagreed with it. But that situation would not apply here if she is responsible for being on the plane, which I suspect is the case.

Thanks. For fun and giggles, here is the old olive pit thread:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=3176089#p3176089

My sad takeaway from that thread is that you have to assume that people are fragile idiots. And if you happen to harm one of them, even through a convoluted chain of events, you're screwed. :-O

[I jest. Slightly.]

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This same thing happened to me on a train outside of London. Although I was drunk at the time and had passed out. Luckily my stop was the end of the line. Woke up, lights off, no one in the train. Doors were open. Not sure if they leave then like that or couldn't wake me up and left them open for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! I forgot all about that case! Reading the thread, it is coming back to me now.

Your assessment isn't too far off!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And here we go ...

According to CTV News, Tiffani Louise O’Brien has hired a lawyer after she was left alone inside a pitch-dark Air Canada plane, hours after her approximately 90-minute flight from Quebec City to Toronto on June 9.

https://torontosun.com/...idering-legal-action

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
len wrote:
BLeP wrote:
slink wrote:

It's part of my point. I think that regardless of how she ended up on the plane alone (intentional or otherwise) the flight crew seriously dropped the ball.

There should not be anyone left on the plane. Ever. For any reason.

That anyone is arguing against that point is madness. JSA, I am looking in your direction.

But, that didn't happen here. She wasn't ill. She wasn't dead. And, you admit she is a liar. Yet, you want to attack the crew of this flight without having any information, other than the statement of a liar. BLeP, I am looking right at your goofy-ass mug.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can agree with one of his points. There is no way that the flight crew should miss anyone still on the plane. Not because of "traumatized" people like her, but because of the nutcase who has enough knowledge to sabotage the plane for the next flight.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I can agree with one of his points. There is no way that the flight crew should miss anyone still on the plane. Not because of "traumatized" people like her, but because of the nutcase who has enough knowledge to sabotage the plane for the next flight.

There were a couple experts interviewed in a couple of the links I posted who stated the plane have been inspected first by the cleaning crew, then by the maintenance crew, before it was put into service the next day, so, she would have been found and pre-flight safety checks would have detected any sabotage.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

There were a couple experts interviewed in a couple of the links I posted who stated the plane have been inspected first by the cleaning crew, then by the maintenance crew, before it was put into service the next day, so, she would have been found and pre-flight safety checks would have detected any sabotage.

So when you are talking to clients as a labour lawyer do you advise them not to bother doing their jobs right because somebody else should catch their mistakes before they are really big problems?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

So when you are talking to clients as a labour lawyer do you advise them not to bother doing their jobs right because somebody else should catch their mistakes before they are really big problems?

I have no idea what the hell a "labour lawyer" is, so, I couldn't tell you. But, when my clients get sued for bullshit claims like this, well ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Ok, so the plane would have been inspected inside/outside before the next take-off but shouldn't they confirm there are no persons on the plane before parking it for the night so that the plane can't be stolen and flown away in the middle of the night? Or blown up on site? A hijacked plane is not terribly far-fetched idea and could lead to another 9-11 type attack

(all of that said, I'm with you, JSA- she's milking this to get some air time and some money. She's proven herself a liar and her story is suspect. Blep, I'm with you in that the crew should have seen her whether she was across the seats, on the floor, in the bathroom, in a closet or hiding in the cockpit. There's a lot that doesn't make sense here and hearing from the crew would be a good start.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA - "It's ok. Don't bother doing your job, that's what redundancy is for. WINNING!!!"

Last edited by: BLeP: Jun 25, 19 12:22
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:
JSA wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Ok, so the plane would have been inspected inside/outside before the next take-off but shouldn't they confirm there are no persons on the plane before parking it for the night so that the plane can't be stolen and flown away in the middle of the night? Or blown up on site? A hijacked plane is not terribly far-fetched idea and could lead to another 9-11 type attack

(all of that said, I'm with you, JSA- she's milking this to get some air time and some money. She's proven herself a liar and her story is suspect. Blep, I'm with you in that the crew should have seen her whether she was across the seats, on the floor, in the bathroom, in a closet or hiding in the cockpit. There's a lot that doesn't make sense here and hearing from the crew would be a good start.)

She's locked in the plane, after making it through TSA. But, you still think she could blow up the plane at the terminal, in the middle of the night? You think she is going to fly away? How??? She could not even back up from the gate...

Truth be told, I agree someone should have found her. But, I also firmly believe her situation was caused by her and, as a result, the airline has zero liability if she files a claim. She should be chastised for her stupidity, especially in light of her desire for her 15 minutes and a payday.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JSA - "It's ok. Don't bother doing your job, that's what redundancy is for. WINNING!!!"

What we are talking about is whether the airline has any liability when it comes to a claim by her. The answer is - no.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
OakCliffTri wrote:
JSA wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

She's locked in the plane, after making it through TSA. But, you still think she could blow up the plane at the terminal, in the middle of the night? You think she is going to fly away? How??? She could not even back up from the gate...

Truth be told, I agree someone should have found her. But, I also firmly believe her situation was caused by her and, as a result, the airline has zero liability if she files a claim. She should be chastised for her stupidity, especially in light of her desire for her 15 minutes and a payday.

Come on, you're smarter than that. You're right, THIS CHICK could not get out of the door but a properly motivated person who also hid out on the plane but instead of $$ and fame had the motivation of stealing the plane for whatever reason, could have, given these circumstances. As for blowing up the plane, again, right, SHE could not get explosives through TSA (presumably) but a properly motivated person could access a fuel truck or other incendiary device in the plane maintenance hanger and use that to cause damage. I saw something similar happen in a James Bond flick
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:
JSA wrote:
OakCliffTri wrote:
JSA wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Come on, you're smarter than that. You're right, THIS CHICK could not get out of the door but a properly motivated person who also hid out on the plane but instead of $$ and fame had the motivation of stealing the plane for whatever reason, could have, given these circumstances. As for blowing up the plane, again, right, SHE could not get explosives through TSA (presumably) but a properly motivated person could access a fuel truck or other incendiary device in the plane maintenance hanger and use that to cause damage. I saw something similar happen in a James Bond flick

Hmm...I agree with the prior post - even if they could manage to fire up the engines (not easy process), how would anyone in the plane back it away from the gate? They don’t have reverse gears.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:
JSA wrote:
OakCliffTri wrote:
JSA wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Seems like we are talking about two different points here. Are we talking about this woman's claim against the airline or are we talking about a potential security breach?

Sounds like we both agree she has no claim or at least should not be entitled to anything. Correct?

As to the other argument, regarding a security breach - let me get this straight. Your position is that a terrorist COULD get an explosive device into the plane, but, instead of detonating it when it is full of people, would wait until midnight, when the plane and the airport were empty. Do I have that right?

Or ... you think she could get to a fuel truck or incendiary device in the hanger. Ummmm ... how would she get out of the plane? Per her story, she was "40-50" feet in the air and could not get down until a ladder truck was driven to the door. So, how would your terrorist get out of the plane? Also, why would she hide on the plane? Why not hide in the airport, then exit to the maintenance hanger? How does it make sense to stay in the plane, if your goal is the maintenance hanger?

Why not crawl down the luggage ramp? That would give access to the tarmac and all those incendiary devices you believe are in the maintenance hanger.

Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [TropicPlace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TropicPlace wrote:
Hmm...I agree with the prior post - even if they could manage to fire up the engines (not easy process), how would anyone in the plane back it away from the gate? They don’t have reverse gears.

Quote Reply

Prev Next