Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane.
Quote | Reply
Doh. Good work:

Air Canada
Other passengers

https://apple.news/ALmfCBdNbSeKzxcdigF1hTA

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know how she pulls that off though without help...as in alcohol and Ambien.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I don't know how she pulls that off though without help...as in alcohol and Ambien.

This, gotta love how she is playing up the ā€œtraumaā€ angle.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cannot wait until she finds out she's pregnant. Hilarity will ensue.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ā€œNow Iā€™m facing a 40-50ft drop to the pavement below,ā€

Must be one of those extra tall planes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't believe it for a second. No possible way she was strapping in, upright, in her seat, and went unnoticed. This couldn't happen even with an airline run by a bunch of stupid Canadians. At a minimum, she was passed out, curled up in her chair. But, I wouldn't be surprised to learn she was passed out in a bathroom.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably more to the story but taking it at face value itā€™s not like she landed in the middle of Syria with a war going on around her. She woke up on a plane in Toronto. Yeah, not an ideal situation, inconvenient, and unacceptable (if true) but basically claiming PTSD seems like a bit of a stretch.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More info. It was only a 90 minute flight. She claims her phone was dead. Seriously? How was her phone dead.

She claims she was 40-50 feet in the air, but, in this article, she says a luggage handler helped her "jump down safely":

https://www.cbsnews.com/...-hours-after-flight/

Here is her actual Facebook post. Notice she supposedly texted her friend when she woke up, but, then her phone died. Also, she had the entire row to herself, so, again, at a minimum, she was lying down.

Another sleepless night for moi unfortunately insomnia doesnā€™t care that I work in the morn šŸ˜© first off must say I really appreciate the bday love šŸ„° Iā€™m a couple days late on the thank yous and finally just catching up on fb..honestly itā€™s been really difficult week and half for me and Iā€™m asking for help..I would really like to find out if anyone had been through this too bc 10 days later and I am still a wreck..not handling my emotions very well and welcome coping advice or techniques to calm my nerves
I had the most incredible time in Quebec with Deanna Iā€™m grateful for what was one of the best weekends Iā€™ve ever had.. my flight home I got super comfy reading my book happy I scored my row all to myself (flight was about 1/4 full) I fell asleep probably less than halfway through my short 1.5 hour flight.. I wake up around midnight (few hours after flight landed) freezing cold still strapped in my seat šŸ’ŗ in complete darkness (Iā€™m talking pitch black) as someone with and anxiety disorder as is I can tell you how terrifying this was..I think Iā€™m having a bad dream bc like seriously how is this happening!!?! My phone lit up with missed msgs and of course I assured Dee I would text when I land in Toronto..I send her msg just before midnight saying omg Iā€™ve just woke up and Iā€™m all alone on this cold dark plane..Dee initially thinks I should already be home and maybe having a bad dream..so I tell her Iā€™m flipping to FaceTime bc I also donā€™t have any clue wtf going on less than 60 secs on ft tryna show her (of course its total darkness) and my phone dies..Iā€™m trying to focus on my breathing and control my panic attack while I attempt to charge my phone by plugging into every USB port I could find..no luck bc when they shut the aircraft down there is no power whatsoever I now have to use washroom and thatā€™s also no picnic when you canā€™t see a thing and are tryin to keep yourself calm..since I canā€™t charge my phone to call for help Iā€™m full on panicking bc I want off this nightmare asap
I found the walky talky thingys in the cockpit but they also donā€™t work I canā€™t radio for help
I was so overjoyed when I found a flashlight in the cockpit and Iā€™m making some flashy sos signals out the windows hoping someone sees me
Finally now that I have light Iā€™m determined to unlock the door and save myself...felt like a champ when I got main door open (found all 3 latches w my lifesaver of a flashlight and open the door all the way
Now Iā€™m facing a 40-50ft drop to the pavement below šŸ˜¬ I hang out the door trying to get the attention of ground crew I can see Pearsonā€™s lights but too far away Iā€™m where the aircrafts park overnight there is no one around..I search frantically for a rope so I can climb down to safely (flight attendants seat is right by door I opened but the seatbelt is too short to hang from so back to my distress signals now Iā€™m hanging out the door reflecting the flashlight off the side of the plane (figuring reflective exterior will catch someoneā€™s attention in the distance) not sure how much time has passed bc no phone no nothing
When I see the luggage cart driving towards me I am literally dangling my legs out of the plane..he is in shock asking how the heck they left me on the plane..Iā€™m wondering the same (when my seat an inch back or my tray down flight crew take notice but yet you missed a person still strapped into her seat and just all go on home?!?!
Anyway the guy had the ladder dock and I jumped to safety before he was even a foot from the door..the Air Canada cars pull up drive me up to Pearson where Iā€™m met by another Air Canada rep asking if Iā€™m ok and would I like a limo and hotel.. umm no are you kidding me all I want to to go home I have to work in a few hours..she let me use her phone to call home and call shuttle to take me to my car..Air Canada called Monday and Tuesday both people again ask me to repeat what happened apologize for my inconvenience and say they will do an investigation bc they have checks in place that should prevent people from being locked on the aircraft at night
I havenā€™t got much sleep since the reoccurring night terrors and waking up anxious and afraid Iā€™m alone locked up someplace dark..this is a super long post-so Iā€™ll wrap it up please share if you know of anyone who has gone through this I donā€™t like feeling so alone.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the plane seat emoji is a fun touch.

I don't know about this girl and her state of mind but those attendants are gonna get skinned alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
More info. It was only a 90 minute flight. She claims her phone was dead. Seriously? How was her phone dead.

She claims she was 40-50 feet in the air, but, in this article, she says a luggage handler helped her "jump down safely":
Now Iā€™m facing a 40-50ft drop to the pavement below šŸ˜¬...
Anyway the guy had the ladder dock and I jumped to safety before he was even a foot from the door..the Air Canada cars pull up drive me up to Pearson ....

Sounds like she jumped horizontally 1 ft to the ladder truck.

her phone was dead, because the battery had run out of power. I don't think there is a requirement that your phone battery is fully charged when you get on a plane. Probably got on the plane with a few hours or so of charge, depending on the age of the phone that could be 1/2 a battery full.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of taking the night train from Florence to Paris in 1984 - We were "gassed", robbed, and woke up in an empty train in Paris hours after the train had arrived :(
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
JSA wrote:

Now Iā€™m facing a 40-50ft drop to the pavement below šŸ˜¬...
Anyway the guy had the ladder dock and I jumped to safety before he was even a foot from the door..the Air Canada cars pull up drive me up to Pearson ....

Sounds like she jumped horizontally 1 ft to the ladder truck.

her phone was dead, because the battery had run out of power. I don't think there is a requirement that your phone battery is fully charged when you get on a plane. Probably got on the plane with a few hours or so of charge, depending on the age of the phone that could be 1/2 a battery full.

Did you read her post? She texted her friend when she woke up, then her phone mysteriously "died." She also strikes me as the type who charges her phone every opportunity.

Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Probably more to the story but taking it at face value itā€™s not like she landed in the middle of Syria with a war going on around her. She woke up on a plane in Toronto. Yeah, not an ideal situation, inconvenient, and unacceptable (if true) but basically claiming PTSD seems like a bit of a stretch.

Yep, she appears to be laying the groundwork for a lawsuit:

Meanwhile, Adams said sheā€™s still recovering from the ordeal.
ā€œI havenā€™t got much sleep since the reoccurring night terrors and waking up anxious and afraid Iā€™m alone locked up someplace dark,ā€ she wrote.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

Yep, she appears to be laying the groundwork for a lawsuit:

Meanwhile, Adams said sheā€™s still recovering from the ordeal.
ā€œI havenā€™t got much sleep since the reoccurring night terrors and waking up anxious and afraid Iā€™m alone locked up someplace dark,ā€ she wrote.

So like all Canadians she's afraid of the dark?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"...in complete darkness (Iā€™m talking pitch black)"

This is the biggest BS of her whole *ordeal*

Even they moved her plane to the remotest part of an airport, it is still an active area with more that enough noises, sounds and lights

The window shades 1) are not even remotely able to block out all lights, they don't seal 100% so they will always emit some light thru nooks and crannies and then 2) that would mean EVERY single window shade was down. So either AC made an announcement prior to landing that all passengers must lower all the window shades, which I have never had to being on the last flight of the night (and I took 3 in the past week on Delta) or a FA or cleaning crew did walk the plane and lowered them all, in which she would have been discovered
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be interesting to see if this gets walked back at some point. Maybe more likely a small amount of hush money?

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I find interesting here is that everyone is attacking the woman. Yeah, maybe she's exaggerating a little but I can tell you that if this happened to me, I would probably be greatly affected by it. Maybe even anxiety. So I don't know that that part is made up.

What I find interesting is that nobody here finds it horribly egregious that the airline staff missed her. Isn't part of their job to walk down the aisles and do a physical check? Don't they clean up at all? How the fuck do you miss a person?

And the other passengers... really? nobody thought to wake her up? What the fuck is that all about?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
What I find interesting here is that everyone is attacking the woman. Yeah, maybe she's exaggerating a little but I can tell you that if this happened to me, I would probably be greatly affected by it. Maybe even anxiety. So I don't know that that part is made up.

What I find interesting is that nobody here finds it horribly egregious that the airline staff missed her. Isn't part of their job to walk down the aisles and do a physical check? Don't they clean up at all? How the fuck do you miss a person?

And the other passengers... really? nobody thought to wake her up? What the fuck is that all about?

That's why I do not believe her story for one second. I do not believe it is possible for that to happen.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

That's why I do not believe her story for one second. I do not believe it is possible for that to happen.

The Airline has confirmed that it happened and are investigating how it could possibly happen.

People will be fired.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

The Airline has confirmed that it happened and are investigating how it could possibly happen.

People will be fired.

You are missing my point. I believe she woke up on an empty plane. I do not believe she was seated upright in her seat when it happened. I said this earlier - I would not be surprise to find out she was passed out in the bathroom or some other location.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

People will be fired.

You are missing my point. I believe she woke up on an empty plane. I do not believe she was seated upright in her seat when it happened. I said this earlier - I would not be surprise to find out she was passed out in the bathroom or some other location.

Her story is she was buckled in the seat - but like you I'm not so convinced. She was tucked in somewhere passed out. And if that happened to me I would also say I was sitting in my seat the whole time.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While never that I recall flying AC, I fly approx 200K miles a year on Delta and been on every conceivable plane that they have.

In looking around, she was probably on a A319.

Which is 3 X 3 seating all the way it seems with no real FC

On this plane, it has a rear lavatory and rear galley, so that would also mean rear seating for FA(s).

So an FA(s) would have needed to walk down past all the rows to the front of the plane to disembark and most certainly would have been last of the plane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

People will be fired.

This is Air Canada. Heavily unionized and deeply unaccountable.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But the first person she calls is her friend and she Facetimes her? Why not simply call 911 or whatever the Canadian version is? Why not simply deploy the slide? I've always wanted to slide down the slide from a plane.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall asleep on a plane... wake up in an empty plane. [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just described pretty much any single aisle twin engine airplane.
Quote Reply

Prev Next