Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lavender Room Reunion/Meet and Greet
Quote | Reply
So, I was perusing the thread “post a picture of something that brings you joy,” and I thought, I’d really love to get as many LR regulars together in the same room and just hang out and have a beer or bourbon or two with everyone here (that pic of cerveloguy was awesome, holy shit you still have a lot of hair); I think it would be a boatload of fun to match up real people with the usernames, and just shoot the shit for a while. And, I’ll bet that a lot of folks that don’t get along here in the LR would find out that the folks they spar with on the inter webs aren’t really that different from them in real life.. I’m not sure how to pull this off logistically, but a gathering somewhere in the Midwest USA might be a good spot, because 1) it’s central, and 2) close to me). Anyway, open to ideas. I know I’d really like to meet a lot of you in person.

Quote | Reply
Great idea and as a limited poster, I'm willing to travel a limited distance! I think Denver is a great option but I'm biased. Do we still get to ignore the people we've used the ignore function on? Should we be forced to share a drink with them? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender Room Reunion/Meet and Greet [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back in the days of Tri Newbies we used to get together at races all the time. Got to meet quite a few people over the years.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I'm nowhere near the Midwest, so there's that, but would be fun to meet a few folks here.
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender Room Reunion/Meet and Greet [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
Great idea and as a limited poster, I'm willing to travel a limited distance! I think Denver is a great option but I'm biased. Do we still get to ignore the people we've used the ignore function on? Should we be forced to share a drink with them? ;)

I think Denver or Chicago could be a good spot.

Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
damn lucky wrote:

I could be persuaded to go to Chicago
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think that'd be awesome.
i'm partial to denver. could make chicago no problem.
kansas city is the most centralized city for both coasts.
(plus it's my home town so i'd get to see family and friends also while i'm there.
and i'd have plenty of free places to crash.)

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that we’d all agree that crossing borders is fun and that Toronto is the ideal spot to meet.

I mean I would have to travel too. Whitby ain’t Toronto.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender Room Reunion/Meet and Greet [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I think that we’d all agree that crossing borders is fun and that Toronto is the ideal spot to meet.

Montreal and I'd consider it
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender Room Reunion/Meet and Greet [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
spot wrote:
damn lucky wrote:

I could be persuaded to go to Chicago

Just don't drink the water ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender Room Reunion/Meet and Greet [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I think Canada would be fun if we could cross illegally. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender Room Reunion/Meet and Greet [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I think Canada would be fun if we could cross illegally. :)

I'll go - so long as we all meet in Detroit and CaptainCanada smuggles us across the border in his minivan.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender Room Reunion/Meet and Greet [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Montreal and I'd consider it

Too many Québécois there.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like I do with all the womens here each year, I will offer up my place at a super reasonable rate, includes meals prepared by a world renowned chef, and some of the best views you can get. I won't even tell you about the absolute best training around, I know it really doesn't apply to you all..(-;

And you get to meet the man himself, king of this sandbox and hall of famer slowman in the flesh. Provided we don't stroke out or have a heart attack before then...Lots of cheap flights from everywhere to here too, we have 4 airports you can fly into within 90 minutes..
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender Room Reunion/Meet and Greet [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Like I do with all the womens here each year, I will offer up my place at a super reasonable rate, includes meals prepared by a world renowned chef, and some of the best views you can get. I won't even tell you about the absolute best training around, I know it really doesn't apply to you all..(-;

And you get to meet the man himself, king of this sandbox and hall of famer slowman in the flesh. Provided we don't stroke out or have a heart attack before then...Lots of cheap flights from everywhere to here too, we have 4 airports you can fly into within 90 minutes..

Now that offer right there is something I think we all should consider!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Sorry, but, Cuba is the only communist country I am inclined to visit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

That's a very gracious invitation. But, California...

[EDIT: Sorry, I can't get the snarky CA image to load.] ;-)

On a smaller scale, if any LR denizens are going to be at IMCDA this year (sorry, BLeP), let me know. I'll buy the first round of beers. :-)

-Mike

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Last edited by: MOP_Mike: Jun 16, 19 18:45
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender Room Reunion/Meet and Greet [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Back in the days of Tri Newbies we used to get together at races all the time. Got to meet quite a few people over the years.
I remember those. I made one in Arizona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Pretty hard to say no to that...

I love the idea of a meet up. I often wonder what it would be like to have some of these conversations in person with all of you. If I do come, all of you can rest easy knowing you won't be the dumbest guy in the room ;-).

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

I can confirm what a fun time it is! Instead of the margarita mile, we could do the shot of whisky mile. And Monty is a great cook. Or, y'all could come to Nashville.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Last edited by: ironclm: Jun 16, 19 19:18
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender Room Reunion/Meet and Greet [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, I remember meeting you both at IMFL and CdA. I've met up with a few folks from those days when they've passed through here for work, races etc or if I've been in their neck of the woods.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Lavender Room Reunion/Meet and Greet [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
monty wrote:

I love the idea of a meet up. I often wonder what it would be like to have some of these conversations in person with all of you. If I do come, all of you can rest easy knowing you won't be the dumbest guy in the room ;-).

Why, is CaptainCanada coming with you?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
damn lucky wrote:

Chicago is close enough for me to meet.
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender Room Reunion/Meet and Greet [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
monty wrote:

Why, is CaptainCanada coming with you?

We are going to road trip it to Chicago in his minivan, a la 'Dumb and Dumber'.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Denver would work for me. I met Spot at the Rockman Half many years ago, as well as several others. It would be great to meet some of the regulars here even though I don't post much now.

Don

Tri-ing to have fun. Anything else is just a bonus!
Quote Reply

Prev Next