Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NBA [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
yes, 5 minutes left but they seems not to have the focus tonight, missing 3's. Still can do it but its hard to close a series like this. \\KL IS ON FIRE.

KL was tired. Drake needs to manage his minutes better.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a shitful crowd the Raptors fans were last night when KD went down. It emboldened the rest of the Warriors to play hard and take the game back to Oakland. Toronto may have missed their chance last night.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [tgrunnin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tgrunnin wrote:
What a shitful crowd the Raptors fans were last night when KD went down. It emboldened the rest of the Warriors to play hard and take the game back to Oakland. Toronto may have missed their chance last night.

You mean the crowd that was chanting K-D and cheering him as he was walked off the court?

The crowd cheered when he went down and Ibaka got a turnover for a fast break, sure some jackasses cheered the injury but when they realized that he was seriously injured the place went silent and then they cheered him as he left.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Jun 11, 19 5:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a shitful crowd the Raptors fans were last night when KD went down.

I must have watched a different game...

Quote Reply
Re: NBA [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

There were some idiots who cheered. There always are.

But they were drowned out by the fans chanting K-D as he left the court.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

I have no dog in this fight and removing you and BLeP’s Canadian bias....

The crowd cheered Durant going down. I like how you’re trying to spin it but it is what it is.

Feel free to watch any of the videos from this page: https://nypost.com/...-durant-its-bulls-t/

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

The crowd cheered Durant going down. I like how you’re trying to spin it but it is what it is.

Feel free to watch any of the videos from this page: https://nypost.com/...-durant-its-bulls-t/

I am not trying to spin it.

Some people cheered the injury. 100%. Some people were cheering because Ibaka went on a fast break and drew a foul.

When Durant was walking off the court the crowd was chanting K-D.

So the classless idiots were drowned out by the majority of the crowd.

From that article...

Quote:
Durant, who went down during the second quarter, was helped up by teammates as fans inside Scotiabank Arena cheered. Both Warriors and Raptors players managed to dispel the noise, which then turned into vocal support of “KD.”

Quote Reply
Re: NBA [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
KD. Obviously shouldn’t have been playing. Reinjured his calf. We won’t see him again this year.

Well, I'm pretty sure last night confirmed what many suspected - that wasn't a "calf injury." Having torn one Achilles and strained the other, many others, I suspected this was an Achilles injury, not a calf injury. Last night confirmed that. It may have only be strained, but, it's a full blown tear now. I think the MRI later today will confirm that.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:
KD. Obviously shouldn’t have been playing. Reinjured his calf. We won’t see him again this year.

Well, I'm pretty sure last night confirmed what many suspected - that wasn't a "calf injury." Having torn one Achilles and strained the other, many others, I suspected this was an Achilles injury, not a calf injury. Last night confirmed that. It may have only be strained, but, it's a full blown tear now. I think the MRI later today will confirm that.

Yup. I can't believe that he was cleared to play. Ridiculous.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Some fans were cheering. Some people are just jerks and some obviously didn't realize how hurt he was.

When he was getting helped off the court the vast majority were cheering and you could hear a K-D chant.

You want to be outraged. I get that. Everyone wants to be outraged about something these days.

Be outraged that Golden State and their team doctors put the team ahead of KDs health and allowed him to play. He never should have been on that court.

Quote Reply
Re: NBA [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Guy in the office in currently rehabbing a partially torn Achilles (non surgical), and he said that KD’s reaction was virtually indentical to what he experienced.

I thought Mike Golic was pretty funny when they were talking about KD practicing. He said he was seen icing his calf or perhaps something lower after practice.

One step away from Hockey’s “lower body injury.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

You mean that teams put themselves ahead of the athletes? Monsters...

Well, it is the championship series so if there's a hint that KD can play he will play. Athletes play hurt all the time, especially this time of year. Look at hockey right now, how many walking wounded are playing in that series? Look up Kirk Gibson.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Well, it is the championship series so if there's a hint that KD can play he will play. Athletes play hurt all the time, especially this time of year. Look at hockey right now, how many walking wounded are playing in that series? Look up Kirk Gibson.

There are injuries that you can play through and it's just pain management. Then there are injuries like KDs.

Now, we don't know what his injury was because GSW were very hush hush about it but all the rumours were that it was a partially torn Achilles and not a "calf strain". What player has ever been sidelined by a "calf strain" for a month. Nobody.

If it was a partially torn achilles, it's fully torn now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Yes. Some fans were cheering. Some people are just jerks and some obviously didn't realize how hurt he was.

When he was getting helped off the court the vast majority were cheering and you could hear a K-D chant.

You want to be outraged. I get that. Everyone wants to be outraged about something these days.

Be outraged that Golden State and their team doctors put the team ahead of KDs health and allowed him to play. He never should have been on that court.

I'm not outraged. There were a significant amount of fans cheering when he was limping. The K-D chant was a chant of guilt. And the douche with the front row seat waving bye-bye when he went down? Maybe its just the decades of Maple Leaf suckness that has built up so much tension in people they can't control themselves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

There are injuries that you can play through and it's just pain management. Then there are injuries like KDs.

Now, we don't know what his injury was because GSW were very hush hush about it but all the rumours were that it was a partially torn Achilles and not a "calf strain". What player has ever been sidelined by a "calf strain" for a month. Nobody.

Exactly. There is a difference between "tired, sore, and beat up" and "injured". One you can play through even though it might be painful. The other you can't. It's irresponsible to put an injured player on the floor.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

He was cleared by the team to play. One can argue whether or not it was in the best interest of the team or KD, but I think we all know the answer there.

In a brief back-and-forth with reporters, Myers acknowledged the outside noise about the severity of Durant’s injury. Golden State bungled the original diagnosis, officially a calf strain, while allowing the initial reporting that it was “mild” to just hang out there. On Monday, Kerr admitted he was initially informed that Durant’s recovery time could be measured in months, not weeks.
That ambiguity created frustration, with sources purportedly close to the Warriors venting to different outlets. The Athletic reported Durant’s continued absence caused “a mixture of confusion and angst” amongst several of Durant’s teammates, reporting that Myers pointedly addressed.
“Kevin Durant wants to play basketball,” Myers said. “The people that questioned whether he wanted to get back to this team were wrong.”
Perhaps, but did the outside noise influence the Warriors' decision to allow Durant to play? Celebrini and the medical staff made the call, but did the public flogging Durant was taking make it tougher to hold him out? Myers insisted the initial diagnosis was a calf injury, with nothing to do with the Achilles but admitted “I don’t know how those are related or not.”

https://www.si.com/...rs-raptors-bob-myers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
He was cleared by the team to play. One can argue whether or not it was in the best interest of the team or KD, but I think we all know the answer there.

Given that we now know that his injury got a whole lot worse it was absolutely not in his best interest to play.

That's on the Doctors. They need to make an informed decision on whether or not the injury can get worse by playing on it.

Plain and simple, they blew it.

Quote Reply
Re: NBA [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
yes, 5 minutes left but they seems not to have the focus tonight, missing 3's. Still can do it but its hard to close a series like this. \\KL IS ON FIRE.

KL was tired. Drake needs to manage his minutes better.

Drake manages his game per Draymond Green...

Speaking of, Raptors should go after him next game. He has 6 technical, one more and he will be suspended for one game I think. He will do a stupid thing.
Last edited by: b4itwascold: Jun 11, 19 13:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tgrunnin wrote:

Well, that how fans behave at national championships games... don't believe if someone tells you its pro sport. I still go with the Raptors in 7.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GS may steal a game in Oakland but it's hard to see them run the table.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

I am not trying to spin it.

Some people cheered the injury. 100%. Some people were cheering because Ibaka went on a fast break and drew a foul.

When Durant was walking off the court the crowd was chanting K-D.

So the classless idiots were drowned out by the majority of the crowd.

From that article...

Quote:
Durant, who went down during the second quarter, was helped up by teammates as fans inside Scotiabank Arena cheered. Both Warriors and Raptors players managed to dispel the noise, which then turned into vocal support of “KD.”

Bullshit. Most/many (not all but most/many) of the crowd cheered KD being hurt and not Ibaka's play. The cheers for him being hurt happened after Ibaka's play, when play was stopped, and after KD was helped up and was visibly hurt and limping.

Then they got guilt shamed into supporting him.

It was an overall classless thing for an otherwise normally pleasant bunch of Canadians.

Now it wasn't Philadelphia Eagles fan level of classless and asshole-ish behavior, as they probably hold the top-25 spots of all-time classless fan behavior in sports history.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feels to me like Raps best shot is to close it out on the road... If it gets to a G7, then all the pressure reverts back from GS facing elimination (and closing Oracle w/ 3 straight losses) to the Raps potentially blowing the huge lead in the series. That, and the general butt-clenching nature of G7s typically results in low-scoring rock fights more often than not ~ which in this series has tended to work in the Dubs' favor since they've been short on firepower besides Curry & (except for G4) Klay. The 2 highest outputs on offense and the 3 largest victory margins have all gone to the Raps. Weird to think that the Dubs might be better off in a scrum than a shootout after their recent history of scoring prowess during the Kerr era, but here we are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
GS may steal a game in Oakland but it's hard to see them run the table.

I think Warriors may still ride the current wave and win ?(or not). By next Sunday, when the KD dust settled down, Raptors has a good chance at home. While you never count down the current champions who have been there before, I will go with the Raps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curry continues to struggle in the finals (compared to how dominant he is in the regular season and early playoff series). Can’t help but think Klay would’ve nailed that shot, he was having a great game. Sucks that he got injured

That being said, good for Toronto/Canada for winning their first championship after making the bold move to trade for Kawhi on an expiring contract.

Matt
Quote Reply

Prev Next