Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NBA [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
The Raptors won more regular season games than GSW. And they did it in an Eastern Conference that is now as strong (if not stronger) than the West.

The only reason some people are 'surprised' that the Raptors are beating GSW is that Toronto does not have the long history and legacy of some clubs, and its seen as a 'foreign' club (Even if its players are mostly American).

I lost a few "bucks" on the ECF. Agree on the East, picked Milwaukee to make and win the finals.

[ The sign of intelligence is you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life. - Vasudev ]
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
I'd say no.

It's not their fault, maybe the Warriors got lazy on their stretching and recovery, leading to injuries. It could be them going to the post season year after year, wearing on the body. You want to win three straight back to back championships, I guess they need to prepare better for it.
The Warriors are a team, if their bench can't step up they deserve the loss.
I still don't think this series is over by any means.

I'd have to think your username makes you an authority on this subject!
;-)

[ The sign of intelligence is you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life. - Vasudev ]
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:

The series is exactly on par - 2 home games for TOR, 1 for GSW.

If Toronto steals the next one though... GSW will be in trouble.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
damn lucky wrote:

The series is exactly on par - 2 home games for TOR, 1 for GSW.

If Toronto steals the next one though... GSW will be in trouble.

GSW are already in big trouble. Even if KD and Mamma called him Clay come back, they won't be anywhere near 100%.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lots of talk today about this incident, apparently the men in the blue shirt is a part owner (?) of the Warriors.. Minority investor that is, and there are a lot of them, so he is not a high profile of any sort..

http://www.msn.com/...r-AACuGEb?ocid=ientp

court side seats could be dangerous..

Last edited by: b4itwascold: Jun 6, 19 13:16
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not traditionally an NBA guy, but this is a fun league to follow. Lots of scoring, awesome athleticism, superstar personalities, courtside antics all around, and the player movement - SOMETHING is usually in the news to keep things interesting .

Quote Reply
Re: NBA [planetsbr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
planetsbr wrote:
Not traditionally an NBA guy, but this is a fun league to follow. Lots of scoring, awesome athleticism, superstar personalities, courtside antics all around, and the player movement - SOMETHING is usually in the news to keep things interesting .

I think this series has its own story of this. It could end up not good one day. I don't think the league is taking it seriously enough for the reasons you mentioned above which is basically ratings and money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
planetsbr wrote:

I think this series has its own story of this. It could end up not good one day. I don't think the league is taking it seriously enough for the reasons you mentioned above which is basically ratings and money.

I hear you. I remember the Monica Seles stabbing. She was winning tennis majors, and was stabbed by a crazed Steffi Graf fan. And this was not even courtside.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
The Raptors won more regular season games than GSW. And they did it in an Eastern Conference that is now as strong (if not stronger) than the West.

The only reason some people are 'surprised' that the Raptors are beating GSW is that Toronto does not have the long history and legacy of some clubs, and its seen as a 'foreign' club (Even if its players are mostly American).

I'm gonna dispute that. They did win 1 more game, but if you look all the way up & down the standings, while Bucks had the best record and statistical profile, there were also more bad teams in the East still. Only PHX won fewer than 33 games in the West, while 5 teams fell below that line in the East. And the cut line for making the playoffs in the West was 48 vs only 41 wins in the East. I couldn't find the aggregate head-to-head record between conferences easily, but a quick search showed that the West had clinched a winning record vs the East w/ something like 37 games left in the season.

Taking that into account, the effect is compounded by the fact you play more games vs the teams in your own conference vs only 2 from the opposing conf, so those added games makes the West's avg SoS higher still. The gap was certainly a lot less than recent years, but there were still more 'easy' nights for the top teams in the East.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Guffaw wrote:

I'm gonna dispute that. They did win 1 more game, but if you look all the way up & down the standings, while Bucks had the best record and statistical profile, there were also more bad teams in the East still. Only PHX won fewer than 33 games in the West, while 5 teams fell below that line in the East. And the cut line for making the playoffs in the West was 48 vs only 41 wins in the East. I couldn't find the aggregate head-to-head record between conferences easily, but a quick search showed that the West had clinched a winning record vs the East w/ something like 37 games left in the season.

Taking that into account, the effect is compounded by the fact you play more games vs the teams in your own conference vs only 2 from the opposing conf, so those added games makes the West's avg SoS higher still. The gap was certainly a lot less than recent years, but there were still more 'easy' nights for the top teams in the East.

Good info. I looked at the regular season standings and in general you are right. The 8 West playoff teams had excellent records against the East. Not so much the other way around - except for the Raptors who had the best record (22-8) against the West, even with Kawhi load management. Bucks and Sixers had the 2nd best record (20-10) against the West.

I should check out previous years, and see if this is a good predictor of the East team in Finals.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The last chant in Oracle Arena history is gonna be " Lets Go Raptors"!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Klay looked great in the first half. By the 4th quarter you could tell his legs were going. And he looked like a shooter with no legs would look like.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so we can all finally agree that the Warriors less KD is not the best team in the NBA anymore.
I could only say WOW last night.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:

why the hell isn't Steve Nash part of any of the cometary groups this series in particular? He was commenting on all the Champions League games being a big soccer fan (and his father), but as the best ever Canadian basketball player shouldn't he be there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought that this was interesting:

2013:
Kawhi v LeBron
2014:
Kawhi v LeBron
2015:
LeBron v Curry
2016:
LeBron v Curry
2017:
LeBron v Curry
2018:
LeBron v Curry
2019:
Curry v Kawhi

Basically if you don’t have Curry, Kawhi or LeBron on your team you have no hope of winning.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yea, I will put it in that order: LeBron, Kawhi, Curry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:

Based on the "new" NBA premium on defence, it might be Kawhi, Curry, Lebron.

This year Lebron is not in the top 50 in defensive rating.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
y_nigel wrote:

why the hell isn't Steve Nash part of any of the cometary groups this series in particular? He was commenting on all the Champions League games being a big soccer fan (and his father), but as the best ever Canadian basketball player shouldn't he be there?

Its pro sports. Not the national team at World Championships.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
planetsbr wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:

Based on the "new" NBA premium on defence, it might be Kawhi, Curry, Lebron.

This year Lebron is not in the top 50 in defensive rating.

I was going on most important (like MVP) to the team. But I am rethinking LeBron, either way, so agree on KL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok, keep him out of it than. Apparently he works for the Warriors as a Player Development Consultant..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
y_nigel wrote:

Its pro sports. Not the national team at World Championships.

A little bit, Canadian flags, singing O Canada, Raptors are Canada's team, like the Cowboys are America's team.....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KD. Obviously shouldn’t have been playing. Reinjured his calf. We won’t see him again this year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never watched pro basketball before this finals series. I must say I am impressed. The college game has way too many fouls called compared to the pros. The pro game is more entertaining for this reason IMHO> They have even called some offensive fouls. Toronto has to start hitting some threes if they want to win tonight.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: NBA [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, 5 minutes left but they seems not to have the focus tonight, missing 3's. Still can do it but its hard to close a series like this. \\KL IS ON FIRE.
Last edited by: b4itwascold: Jun 10, 19 20:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
KD. Obviously shouldn’t have been playing. Reinjured his calf. We won’t see him again this year.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next