Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NBA [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Let’s pretend for a second that the Raptors won. I think that outside of the US they might become a very popular team. Mostly because the rest of the world hates the US.

I don’t know if it’s huge for the league maybe. But it’s definitely huge for the Raptors.

LOL! I don't think it works that way! The NBA is still a "US entity." NBA teams are popular oversees because of their players. For example, the Bucks are HUGE in Greece. Remember those hundreds of thousands of Chinese fans wearing Rockets jerseys? Yao Ming.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YUUUUUUUGE!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Those Canadians are playing some mean ball. Who knew Canadians were so talented at this sport. I can see how other countries will love these Canadian players more so than the US players.

I wonder how many of them speak French?
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Wow. Those Canadians are playing some mean ball. Who knew Canadians were so talented at this sport. I can see how other countries will love these Canadian players more so than the US players.

Siakam’s first language is French, he’s from the Congo but immigrated/played school in the US.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same with Yi Jianlin
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Those Canadians are playing some mean ball. Who knew Canadians were so talented at this sport.

Canada has a growing pool of talent in basketball. I think it's similar to Americans in hockey, lots of excellent NHL players just not the same depth as Canada. In basketball, you only have to look at the recent NBA drafts and the College players to see a growing presence of Canadians.

I can see how other countries will love these Canadian players more so than the US players.

Yeah, I can see that too...

I'm Canadian and like the vast majority don't speak French so they will feel right at home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One down, 3 to go! Your Raps looked damn good last night!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
One down, 3 to go! Your Raps looked damn good last night!

I agree. D was awesome. Siakam was ridiculous; however they can't count on Siakam hitting 90% of his shots every night.

Curry... while he is really good at recognizing potential foul situations and putting himself in a position to draw the foul.... my God, he gets every fucking call. There is no way that VanVleet would get those calls.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed. That D! Some of the best defense I can recall.

Role players went off last night. You cannot count on that for every game. But that defense is going to travel! Going to be a hell of a series.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Role players went off last night. You cannot count on that for every game. But that defense is going to travel! Going to be a hell of a series.

While you cant count on it every game, different role players rose to the occasion in different games. I am sure KL will be more of a factor going fwd. and Lowery needs to score more, since Gasol and Siakam most likely will not score as much every game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any way we can get rid of Drake?

Maybe a package deal, with Drake and Bieber for a future draft pick?
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
JSA wrote:

While you cant count on it every game, different role players rose to the occasion in different games. I am sure KL will be more of a factor going fwd. and Lowery needs to score more, since Gasol and Siakam most likely will not score as much every game.

Having watched what the Raps did to my Bucks, I certainly will not argue with you on that point! I simply meant to say last night was not a "fluke" due to role players going off. The core of this team - its D - is going to hold up on the road.

In the last series, twice the Warriors were down by 17 and ended up winning the game. They can go on insane runs. But, the Raps may be the one team that can prevent those kinds of runs.

Last night's game was reminiscent of games 4 and 5 against the Bucks. The Raps kept getting up by 7-8, then the Warriors would come back only to be stopped short, then the Raps would hit a couple 3s and be up by 7-8 again. It was impressive.

Quote Reply
Re: NBA [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
//Is there any way we can get rid of Drake?
//

Hey, my post was in jest...no need to have me rubbed out! (Oh wait, you probably didn’t know that was my name?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
JSA wrote:

Having watched what the Raps did to my Bucks, I certainly will not argue with you on that point! I simply meant to say last night was not a "fluke" due to role players going off. The core of this team - its D - is going to hold up on the road.

In the last series, twice the Warriors were down by 17 and ended up winning the game. They can go on insane runs. But, the Raps may be the one team that can prevent those kinds of runs.

Last night's game was reminiscent of games 4 and 5 against the Bucks. The Raps kept getting up by 7-8, then the Warriors would come back only to be stopped short, then the Raps would hit a couple 3s and be up by 7-8 again. It was impressive.

It sure was. Considering the Warriors didn't play bad, it was just The Raptors being better on D making it harder. And if they had turned the ball less times could be a small blowout.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would the Raptors be considered "lucky" if they won the title? Just thinking of all the GSW injuries.
Don't get me wrong, the Raptors are obviously a great team. They basically took Milwaukee behind the woodshed last series.

[ The sign of intelligence is you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life. - Vasudev ]
Last edited by: planetsbr: Jun 5, 19 21:40
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [planetsbr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say no.

It's not their fault, maybe the Warriors got lazy on their stretching and recovery, leading to injuries. It could be them going to the post season year after year, wearing on the body. You want to win three straight back to back championships, I guess they need to prepare better for it.
The Warriors are a team, if their bench can't step up they deserve the loss.
I still don't think this series is over by any means.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
planetsbr wrote:
Would the Raptors be considered "lucky" if they won the title? Just thinking of all the GSW injuries.
Don't get me wrong, the Raptors are obviously a great team. They basically took Milwaukee behind the woodshed last series.

You generally need two things to win. You need luck. That includes avoiding injuries, bounces, other team getting injured. But you also need talent to take advantage of your luck.

Would they be lucky? Sure. But they are also a damned good team and have the talent to punish a depleted Warriors roster.

If they win they will have nothing to apologize for.

Shit happens and so far it's mostly happening to GSW.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
planetsbr wrote:
Only if they'd won 4-3 with all home wins.

Now that they've won a road game, not lucky at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Raptors won more regular season games than GSW. And they did it in an Eastern Conference that is now as strong (if not stronger) than the West.

The only reason some people are 'surprised' that the Raptors are beating GSW is that Toronto does not have the long history and legacy of some clubs, and its seen as a 'foreign' club (Even if its players are mostly American).

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After last night win, I would say its not luck at all. They kept going back at the Warriors not letting them cut their lead too much. They are mentally strong. If the points distribution they had last night continues, they have a good chance. You want your leader to lead in scoring, its more sustainable. And KL finally found some rhythm in his game, mostly in the forth qtr.
That said if both teams have all their guys and play their best basketball, the Warriors are a better team.
Its a great series and I suspect Kerr will have KD in the mix soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
After last night win, I would say its not luck at all. They kept going back at the Warriors not letting them cut their lead too much. They are mentally strong. If the points distribution they had last night continues, they have a good chance. You want your leader to lead in scoring, its more sustainable. And KL finally found some rhythm in his game, mostly in the forth qtr.
That said if both teams have all their guys and play their best basketball, the Warriors are a better team.

KD isn’t going to play.

Last edited by: BLeP: Jun 6, 19 5:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is that confirmed or an opinion?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
is that confirmed or an opinion?

Opinion. His calf is fucked up. Probably not a full Achilles tear but a strained calf doesn't keep you out this long.

He hasn't practiced yet. He's out for game 4 for certain.

He isn't playing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:

True dat, key buckets to stop GSW runs. And I'd rather have all starters score at least 17 and win, than 1 player score 47 and lose.

[ The sign of intelligence is you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life. - Vasudev ]
Quote Reply

Prev Next