Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NBA [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the bench will continue to contribute like this, the have a shot at stealing a game in Milwaukee.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [alltom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alltom1 wrote:
How about Magic's interview with S.Smith yesterday? I don't think of the Lakers as the team most likely to have its very, very dirty linen hung out in full view but Magic seemed like he had some stuff he wanted to get off his chest. Actually, I can still see AD winding up in LA because the Lakers have so much they can offer in return. Kyrie also a possibility? One hears things...But it won't matter; all roads lead through the Bay, with or without KD.

yes, he felt compelled to explain it. It perhaps became a personal thing to him. The KD saga is not simple, imo. He may run into a situation where he will play a second violin in the Lakers. I think the Knicks are a good fit for him, but that remains to be seen. The warriors will keep wining as long as they want to with this squad.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
If the bench will continue to contribute like this, the have a shot at stealing a game in Milwaukee.

Yeah, I wouldn't count on that.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:

If The Freak keeps shooting 60% from the line (including air balls), you have more than "a shot" at taking a game in MKE.

Amazing what a difference home cooking makes for a team.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:

If The Freak keeps shooting 60% from the line (including air balls), you have more than "a shot" at taking a game in MKE.

Stupid Raps. If they hadn't choked in the 4th Q of game one this would be a 3-1 lead.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:

Stupid Raps. If they hadn't choked in the 4th Q of game one this would be a 3-1 lead.

Stupid Bucks. If they hadn't choked in the 4th Q of game three this would be a 3-1 lead.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:

Stupid Bucks. If they hadn't choked in the 4th Q of game three this would be a 3-1 lead.

Game three was awful. Neither team wanted to win that one.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Game three was awful. Neither team wanted to win that one.

Yep. I was ecstatic going into this series. Hard for me to regain that enthusiasm after the last 2 games. All I keep hearing in the back of my head is S.O.B. (same old Bucks), which is what was playing in my head during the NLCS (same old Brewers).

Don't get me wrong, both teams had seasons to remember and I'll never stop being a die hard fan. But, DAMMIT, it still stings!

Stupid sports!

Well, best of 3 and we have home court advantage. Let's go Deer!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either team will get killed by the Warriors...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sports reminds me of Christopher Walken in True Romance when he punches Dennis Harper. See 1:44:

[Holding a clenched fist in one direction, then striking Clifford with the other]
Coccotti : That smarts, doesn't it? Getting slammed in the nose. Fucks you all up. You get that pain shootin' through your brain, your eyes fill up with water. That ain't any kind of fun, but what I have to offer you, that's as good as it's gonna get. And it won't ever get that good again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I keep hearing the talking heads on ESPN all saying the Bucks will take the Warriors without KD. Sorry, but, I just don't see it. I think they could take the Warriors to 6 games. Maybe even 7. But, man, the only way the Bucks take the Warriors is if everyone is on point and they have not more than a couple games with everyone on point during the entire playoffs. Bucks haven't won a playoff series in many years. They are about a year away from taking a serious shot at the champs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I keep hearing the talking heads on ESPN all saying the Bucks will take the Warriors without KD. Sorry, but, I just don't see it. I think they could take the Warriors to 6 games. Maybe even 7. But, man, the only way the Bucks take the Warriors is if everyone is on point and they have not more than a couple games with everyone on point during the entire playoffs. Bucks haven't won a playoff series in many years. They are about a year away from taking a serious shot at the champs.

That may be it underneath it all right now.
On a side note I saw the reception they made for Oscar Robertson, and didn't realize he is going to be 81 this year! looks pretty good for his age. Remember the comment he made (2016?) about Curry and the outcry afterwards. I think he had a point by saying that Curry shoot so well and easily because teams defense are not good today but otoh I see teams guarding Curry now far the basket as well. But to his point playing Curry physical is key.
I was too young to follow him but wasn't he the first the so called "all around player" before LeBron and others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, boys, it down to the best of 3. It's time to separate the wheat from the chaff, the men from the boys, the awkwardly feminine from the possibly Canadian.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Milwaukee has a better team and a better coach but Toronto is playing with heart. I thought GS v. Rockets would be the best series of the playoffs but it's this one, right here. Two small market teams with win-now attitude and fantastic bases of home support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alltom1 wrote:
Milwaukee has a better team and a better coach but Toronto is playing with heart. I thought GS v. Rockets would be the best series of the playoffs but it's this one, right here. Two small market teams with win-now attitude and fantastic bases of home support.

Toronto, Small market? Um... no. 4th largest city in North America and the owners have deep, deep pockets.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
👀 🐮 🧀

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two small market teams with win-now attitude and fantastic bases of home support.

I think you mean one small market team. Basketball isn't as remotely as popular as hockey so the base of fans isn't as big but Toronto is a big market for sports and I believe only New York, Los Angeles and Chicago have bigger markets in North America.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Two small market teams with win-now attitude and fantastic bases of home support.

I think you mean one small market team. Basketball isn't as remotely as popular as hockey so the base of fans isn't as big but Toronto is a big market for sports and I believe only New York, Los Angeles and Chicago have bigger markets in North America.

1. Mexico City
  2. New York
  3. LA
  4. Toronto
  5. Chicago

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

1. Mexico City
  2. New York
  3. LA
  4. Toronto
  5. Chicago

Did you adjust those numbers for the 75% value conversion? Isn't a Canadian 75% of an American?
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

1. Mexico City
  2. New York
  3. LA
  4. Toronto
  5. Chicago

Did you adjust those numbers for the 75% value conversion? Isn't a Canadian 75% of an American?

Yeah, your heads are about 6 times the size of ours.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But can our heads so conveniently split into 2 pieces?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like I said - SOB. Same old Bucks. <sigh>

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a Leafs fan. I feel it.

And I am still waiting for the Same ol’ Raptors to show up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
He's a very talented but highly inconsistent player. He's had a few good games lately.

And who is Fred Venvleet
great numbers 7/13 and 7/9 (for 3 points)

one win in two games and you will have the luxury of playing the Warriors. And home court advantage!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
BLeP wrote:
He's a very talented but highly inconsistent player. He's had a few good games lately.

And who is Fred Venvleet
great numbers 7/13 and 7/9 (for 3 points)

one win in two games and you will have the luxury of playing the Warriors. And home court advantage!

See: Powell; Norman.

Quote Reply

Prev Next