Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Most Famous person you have met [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My firm sponsored a concert series at an old classic venue here for a few years. I got to meet Loudon Wainright, Robert Earl Keen, and Jerry Douglas.

I used to do Sam Snead's taxes.

One person whose name is probably not household (yet) but is someone who showed incredible courage. Rachel Denhollander.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, I met her at a polo match in Houston in late 80s

RandMart wrote:
OakCliffTri wrote:
Princess Fergie

Her dad brought his polo team over to play a tour of the East Coast - including our little bullshit team in South Jersey

He was addressed simply as "The Major"

I remember he had MASSIVE ginger eyebrows ... looked like a red-shouldered hawk had flown into forehead
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it was bluemonkeytri met me once, but he hasn't posted about it yet.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:

How could i leave you off my list!?!?!?!?!?
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:

How could i leave you off my list!?!?!?!?!?

I forget why we met, maybe at a race? And I'm hugely, hugely famous just nobody knows it yet

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter Reid and Dave Scott, I have pix to prove it and I am not taking this shit to the so called main forum.

Swam against Dave Scott in HS. Did some of his morning masters workouts at UCDavis and would see him all the time in the weight room at 10 PM.

I was friends with Don Favor, 1936 Olympics Hammer throw. He was still a badass at ~70 and we did a bunch of white water rafting trips in Calif and Idaho when I was about 20. He oared his own boat with just his wife as a passenger. Watched him flip on the Salmon river. I've seen lots of rafts flip, but that one is stuck in my mind because of their age.

Steve Patterson - Center for UCLA between Kareem and Walton. I think he played about 5 years in the NBA. I kind of knew him when he coached in Santa Rosa but later I spent a week with him kayaking in Mexico. Said a big mistake he made was retiring too early because he didn't realize how hard it would be to be successful after basketball. He was pretty successful though and died way too early.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom Brady - but it was college Tom Brady (we had a class together), so he wasn't quite as famous as he is now. Still, he was super nice, totally down to earth.

Someone mentioned Denny Hastert being an idiot earlier, I had a client years ago who was a former US Senator. Not a stupid guy, but it definitely resonated with me that politicians are not an overly intelligent breed and should not be put on a pedestal.

There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick Saban
Sedrick Irvin
Flozell Adams
Chris Draper
Marty Turco

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You do realize he said "Brett" Lindros who played 2 seasons for the Islanders, i.e. not Eric!
I played just 51 games fewer than Brett in the NHL ;-p

@Kid
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh ya, almost forgot this group of guys:

T.J Cloutier
Daniel Negraneau
Doyle Brunson
Phil Ivey
Phil Helmuth
Gus Hansen
Antonio Esfandarairi
Mike Matusow
Phil Laak
Dan Harrington
and Gavin Smith, RIP

You will either get who this group that I spent hour and hours with, or not. Look up any one of them and you will know where I had drinks with all these guys...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rosie O'Donnell - my daughter went to school with her daughter for some time.

while back,
Issac Bashevis Singer. He came couple of times to a restaurant where my wife was a waitress.

Lastly,
Claudia Schiffer. not in person but met her in my dreams.

One more.

Mark Kelly, the astronaut.
He gave a talk at my previous company and we chatted with him afterwards. Very nice person.

what about you comrade, anything?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sam Kinison gave me a $100 tip when I was a room service waiter in ā€˜89. I bought some Keds the next day.

Sat next to Reba McEntire at a Sonics game. She was hounded for 3 quarters by autograph seekers. I remember one woman came up asking for an autograph saying ā€œI donā€™t know who you are, but I know your famousā€. That life cant be all itā€™s cracked up to be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two of the Doolittle Raiders. Lee Archer of the Tuskegee Airman. SecAF Sheila Widnall. Herb Brooks.

Quote | Reply
Swim start of IM lou I think
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [MLCRISES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MLCRISES wrote:

Sat next to Reba McEntire at a Sonics game. She was hounded for 3 quarters by autograph seekers. I remember one woman came up asking for an autograph saying ā€œI donā€™t know who you are, but I know your famousā€. That life cant be all itā€™s cracked up to be.

My friend works for Reba and just loves her. But yea, fans can be a little much.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Swim start of IM lou I think
Not there, Taylorsville maybe?

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
Magic Johnson

I babysat his kids while in college.
I worked as a nanny fir Forest Whitaker and briefly managed one of the homes of that extremely wealthy CEO who was ousted by a television network. For many years I was school friends with a rapper who likes gin and juice and the blonde chick in Shrek.

Last edited by: travelmama: May 16, 19 18:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pete Rose
Lance Armstrong
Neil Armstrong (through Boy Scouts. He's also an Eagle Scout).
When my son was 3, we were boarding a plane and he was crying. Shaq was in first class and made my son stop crying. Thanks, Shaq.
Chuck Norris
Ricky Taylor
Alan McNish (very humble guy)
Patrick Dempsey (he was nice enough to pose for a pic so I could show my wife I met him)
Scott Pruett
Ron White.
Cody Risien. He's in the same industry as me and was as geeked to meet a Browns fan as I was to meet a Browns legend.
Billy Joe Tolliver. He was a douche bag who thought he charmed all the women in our office. We were going to hire him for marketing but every woman in the office nixed that.
Micheal Dell. We were at a fundraiser for a children's hospital and he introduced himself to our group. We were at adjacent tables. He was the main donor and we were the contractor building the hospital.
Elementary school was not excluded. I used to play football with Kirk Herbstreit.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I almost forgot Jerry Linenger, the NASA astronaut who was on the Russian space station Mir when it had a fire onboard years ago. He spoke at a sales conference I attended for work about 10 years ago and then stayed for the cocktail hour afterwards. He wound up staying for quite a while and several beers, talking to the group I was with and just one great story after another, while we all hung on every word. I think we were amazed by the fact that he was hanging out and pounding beers with a bunch of finance bums as much as we were amazed by his stories. I felt like Chris Farley at one point - "Remember that time you were in space? That was awesome."

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went to high school with the singer Pink. Even had a class with her.

Went to college and was in a small time drama club thing (I have no idea why I did it. It isn't my thing.) With Mike vogul, in a bunch of movies.

Detailed Michael andretti's car and talked with him for a bit. I was a car detailer at BMW dealership in highschool and college.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- Rode up Old La Honda with a group; Robin Williams was with us. He was remarkably quiet.
- Worked at Yahoo! when we were sponsoring Montgomery Securities in '98 or '99. Met Lance, Hincapie, Hamilton, Thom Weisel, others. Tyler was incredibly polite.
- Jens Voigt at Tour of CA time trial 2018
- Woody Harrelson outside of a bar in SF
- Adrien Costa at a local hillclimb when he was 15; he crushed everyone
- All day coaching seminar with Dave Scott; awesome
- Chance meeting at a beach in Santa Cruz with Mark Allen
- Jesse Sapolu at a bar in SF while watching the slow speed OJ/white bronco chase LIVE!
- Group dinner with Amanda Blank (Romeo Void - "I might like you better if we slept together")
Quote Reply
Post deleted by coyote pelon [ In reply to ]
Re: Most Famous person you have met [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coyote pelon wrote:
hey, I met the world famous Dan Empfield a couple of times.

Brown nose groveling... deducting 10 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At small-time boxing events: Ken Norton, Donnie Osmond, Jake Lamotta (practically a vegetable at the time).
Walter Payton
Roger Daltry
While working in college at a facility that was hosting a high school graduation, I went into the menā€™s room before the doors opened to the public. A secret service agent gave me a quick glance before letting me in. (Pretty sure he had an Uzi under his jacket). A tall black man was at the first urinal. I went to the third one. Looked over nonchalantly and it was Jessie Jackson. He was running for president at the time and his son was graduating highschool that night.
7:00 pm on a Friday night in Chicago outside of the Thompson Center I saw several black SUVs and what liked security officers. As I got closer, saw a man looking at his reflection in the window and fixing his hair. Rod Blagojevich true to character. He caught me gazing at him, looked up and gave me a friendly wave.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh! That reminded me that I also got to meet Wild Bill Gaurnere and Babe Heffron of the 506th PIR at a military ball in 2006. Even at their age, you could tell that they were still a couple of grunts.
Quote Reply

Prev Next