Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Most Famous person you have met [satanellus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most famous: Nelson Mandela

Most infamous: Ivan Milat (serial killer)

Consider myself equally fortunate to meet the former and evade the latter. 7 victims were not so fortunate.
Last edited by: satanellus: May 16, 19 3:23
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
All while I was young and out partying in various places

George Brett ( several times as a responsible adult also at charity events and such)
Derrick Thomas
Joe Montana
Tony Gonzalez
Cameron Diaz (before she was famous)
Bill Maher

Relatively recently

William H. Macy and Felicity Huffman. Sat next to my 7 year old son and I at an airport restaurant. Very nice and kind to my boy.
Paul Rudd and other Big Slick alums. (Can’t count Rob Riggle though as went to HS with him)
John Boehner
Richard Branson
Capt. Lee from the show Below Decks

Felicity Huffman will do anything to help out a kid.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
You’ve probably never heard of the people that I have had a conversation with:

Chico Resch
Brett Lindros

That’s about it.

I have seen plenty of other famous people but I generally leave them alone. Your rules are strict.

A lot of the Broad Street Bullies lived in Haddonfield/Cherry Hill when I was a kid

I used to play street hockey with Bernie Parent's kid; Bernie was funny as shit

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
My wife mother got a bad diagnosis of Parkinsons, so we are going to get the kids and her close for these next years. Build some lasting memories while it is still possible.

I've never met you but if I know nothing else about you, this is all I need to know. My kids didn't get to know my mom well but she left a great impression on my kids through her determination and strength, helped to shape them into the people they are today.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
chriskal wrote:

George Brett ( several times as a responsible adult also at charity events and such)
Derrick Thomas
Joe Montana
Tony Gonzalez
Bill Maher

Relatively recently

William H. Macy and Felicity Huffman. Sat next to my 7 year old son and I at an airport restaurant. Very nice and kind to my boy.
Paul Rudd and other Big Slick alums. (Can’t count Rob Riggle though as went to HS with him)
John Boehner
Richard Branson

I was hoping someone hit that tee shot straight down the fairway.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine was Bart Conner in a mall, early 2000's. He is a gold medalist gymnast, but my friends and I knew him as the bad guy in the cult classic BMX movie "Rad". Probably watched that movie 100 times. I went and said hello, talked to him about how I loved the movie. He laughed and said every time a guy my age went up to him, it was because of that movie. Seemed like a nice guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim Nabors. I was working out on a Stairmaster (this was early 90’s) at a hotel gym in London. We talked for a while and then he wanted me to go back to his room with him. I passed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bart Starr - my son and I were able to talk with him and his wife Cherry at a Boy Scouts banquet.

Jesse Ventura - met him at breakfast in a hotel in North Platte Nebraska a couple years ago. He was pleasant and talkative with a very distinctive voice.

Greg LeMond - met him in the MSP airport - very friendly and nice guy.

Tim Gullickson - from the tennis world - player and coach to Pete Sampras. Nice guy, introduced him to my eldest son.

Gabe Polsky - young Hollywood director and producer. Met him at an investment seminar and had lunch with him.

Rocky Wirtz - billionaire owner of the Chicago Blackhawks. Talked to him after he spoke at a conference.
Last edited by: PaperChase: May 16, 19 7:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Brett Lindros .

Brett sat two seats behind me in World History class at St. Mikes College School.

And before you ask - NO, I never sodomized anyone as part of a hazing ritual. Even if they had it coming.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Paul Rudd

Oh please tell me he is as nice as he seems. I just love him.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [jmcconne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is one of my favorite movies of all time. Probably going to have to watch that tonight because of this post, lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Not just a handshake but at the minimum a conversation. Also excluding people you went to HS or college with.
Owen Wilson.

Flew into Boeing Field prior to the NFC championship in Seattle a few years ago, and we were milling around waiting for our car or something after we landed. I was getting a hot chocolate and he walked over and bought a coffee, and we chatted for a few minutes. I thought it was odd when he pulled a wad of crumpled bills of every magnitude out and had to pay with a 20 (if my memory serves me correct), and we chatted while we waited for our drinks, and then went our separate ways. Him to God knows where, and me back over to my dad and our friends. They were all asking me if I knew who i was talking to, and until they started naming movies I had no clue who he was.

But it’s a cool memory now (:

Other than that, I’ve seen a couple of Disney stars and stuff at sugarfish in Marina del Rey, but no one that I knew their names or talked to or anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frank McCourt - sat next to him at a dinner event. Just as funny and witty as you would expect! And very kind.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
len wrote:
chriskal wrote:

Derrick Thomas
Joe Montana
Tony Gonzalez
Bill Maher

Relatively recently

John Boehner
Richard Branson

I was hoping someone hit that tee shot straight down the fairway.

If only I had know that then . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She passed me half way through the run at MIM 2004. I saw 72F fly by me and said to myself “hey, I just got passed my Sister Madonna Buder”. Funny the things you remember.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife meets a ton of celebrities and doesn’t care about that. Through my wife:

My favorite is Carl Lewis. One time coming home from a race my wife asked her how my race went. Really nice guy.

Vivica Fox- brunch after an event- meh
Lacy Chabert- very nice and sweet.

A bunch with pictures and small talk. President Clinton, Maureen McCormack, Vern Troyer, Daphne Zuniga.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lance Armstrong
Floyd Landis
Princess Fergie
Blue October- friends in college, do they count as famous?
Head & Monkey from Korn- played blackjack in New Orleans
Drummer from Fuel- some guy was hitting on my wife (girlfriend at the time). I came back from thebathroom, saw him in my seat and told him to beat it. He did and I married her.
Mark Cuban- met him at a restaurant in Vegas. My step-mom said he always asked her out in the 80s but she always said no; I never believed her but he remembered her and confirmed. man, she made a mistake!
Last edited by: OakCliffTri: May 20, 19 8:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Your rules are strict.

Because the requirement for "meeting" someone is talking to them?
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:
Floyd Landis
Dave Zabriske
Heather Fuhr
Paula Newby-Fraser
Paul Huddle
Roch Frey
Jimmy Riccitello
Ron Rivera (when he was with the Bears)
Khalid Khannouchi

Not specifically to you but going over the posts here, unless I missed it I didn't see anyone mentioning Lance Armstrong. I would expect some of the dudes here would have.
Also, thank god Slowman is not posting on this thread!
Last edited by: b4itwascold: May 16, 19 10:38
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My post two up from here. Met him summer 1999 at Bicycle Sport Shop in Austin, TX. He was working on his tri-bike. I was looking for a racing team to join and clerk behind counter said I should "ask that guy over there." I said "who is he, a local team captain or something" and he laughed said "that's Lance F'ing Armstrong!" LA invited me to Tuesday nighters and I got my doors blown off.

b4itwascold wrote:
TiDriver wrote:
Floyd Landis
Dave Zabriske
Heather Fuhr
Paula Newby-Fraser
Paul Huddle
Roch Frey
Jimmy Riccitello
Ron Rivera (when he was with the Bears)
Khalid Khannouchi

Not specifically to you but going over the posts here, unless I missed it I didn't see anyone mentioning to Lance Armstrong. I would expect some of the dudes here would have.
Also, thank god Slowman is not posting on this thread!..
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Rocco Mediate: As a junior, I often played golf with his father as they lived across the street. While home on leave from the Navy for a visit, his dad set up a round of golf at the club with the then 20 year old aspiring pro golfer. The boy, who grew up with a skateboard and half pipe in the vacant lot and not golf clubs, hit it pure and sweet and was well on his way.

Lonnie Bunch: I know, not famous, but he should be. He was sitting on my lunch break bench outside a fine dining establishment. He was being stood up by the Discovery channel producers for a lunch date. He declined my offer to buy him a chili cheese dog from the street vendor and we then had a lively conversation about his new facility which was currently under construction on the Mall and whether his childhood Chicago brats were superior to the local DC chili cheese smokes.

Michael Gerson: I know, not famous, but he should be. Just this last weekend he and I shared the restroom (in line for the one urinal) at the Shenandoah Nat'l. Park Wayside rest stop. He was genuinely taken aback at being recognized as well as my effusive praise of his work and my sincere gratitude as his column always lifts my spirits. We then had a discussion as to how hilly Skyline Drive must be for one on a bicycle (I was and he wasn't).
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
Not specifically to you but going over the posts here, unless I missed it I didn't see anyone mentioning Lance Armstrong. I would expect some of the dudes here would have.
Also, thank god Slowman is not posting on this thread!

I didn’t list any triathletes or cyclists because the list would be way too long but Lance would be on my list. Even better is Fabian Cancellara. And I went to dinner with Andrea Peron. And raced on the velodrome with multiple Olympians.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Your rules are strict.

Because the requirement for "meeting" someone is talking to them?

Your rules, do whatever you want with them. I find it strict.

As I said, I don’t go and bother people. Even if I am introduced. I take my cue from them. They don’t say anything? Fine by me. Neither will I.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:
Princess Fergie

Her dad brought his polo team over to play a tour of the East Coast - including our little bullshit team in South Jersey

He was addressed simply as "The Major"

I remember he had MASSIVE ginger eyebrows ... looked like a red-shouldered hawk had flown into forehead

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Standing at the urinal in the men's room at Jones Beach between bands at the band shell. I look over and there is Dee Snyder standing at the urinal. I didn't say anything, but he said something like "you meet the biggest weirdos in this place, don't you?" I laughed and said there was no doubt about that. Then I asked him why he was here. He said he was supporting a friend's kid's band. We talked about music all the way back to the band shell.

A few years ago the bike club stopped at a deli in East Hampton and there in line in front of us was Billy Joel. He was also on a bicycle and sat with us and talked for a while. We couldn't talk him into riding out of town with us, but I think he wanted to.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply

Prev Next