Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Most Famous person you have met [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I know less than 1/2 these famous people listed in this thread.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All while I was young and out partying in various places

George Brett ( several times as a responsible adult also at charity events and such)
Derrick Thomas
Joe Montana
Tony Gonzalez
Cameron Diaz (before she was famous)
Bill Maher

Relatively recently

William H. Macy and Felicity Huffman. Sat next to my 7 year old son and I at an airport restaurant. Very nice and kind to my boy.
Paul Rudd and other Big Slick alums. (Can’t count Rob Riggle though as went to HS with him)
John Boehner
Richard Branson
Capt. Lee from the show Below Decks
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
Michael Jordan
John Stockton

...and I suck at basketball.

I met Charles Barkley at a golf store on Walnut Street in Philly. My brother has played golf with Sir Charles AND Michael Jordan at the club in Florida where he works during the Winter

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Samuel Jackson: played a round of golf at his tournament and met him at the dinner/awards ceremony and then at a club later. He was quite rude and obnoxious...had more than a few drinks in him and showing off for his posse.

Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones: my dog was friends with their dog (same groomer/pet-sitter). Met him a few times over several years and shared some small talk, also played golf in his tournament. He was always down-to-earth and really nice guy. Never met Catherine L

Pete Townsend: prepared him for a radio show to discuss The Who’s Tommy musical. Super cool guy…my one regret is that I didn’t get a picture or autograph as The Who are one of my all-time favorite bands.

David Bowie: well, didn’t really meet him but said hello to him in the Bank branch around 2000-2001. He was wearing white pants with white sport jacket and t-shirt, looked quite thin & scruffy but still oozed style - c'mon it's David Bowie!

Tom Brokaw: met him at Red Fish Grill in New Orleans. Super weird....I greeted him as he exited his limo with his wife and I think he assumed I was the official greeter from the restaurant. It was only after a few minutes that he realized I was just some chump off the street and he said "have a nice evening" and I left - very surreal. If I recall, he was in NO for the opening of the National WW2 museum.

Met several actors while working at a professional theatre….didn’t really talk to them much other than technical stuff or saying hello in the lunch room, hallways or parking lot: Colm Feore, Graham Greene, Brian Dennehy, Christopher Plummer, William Shatner.

@Kid
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Multiple members of LA/Orange County 70s-80s punk bands. Michael Sweet of Stryper.

I went to Art School with Tom Keifer and Eric Brittingham from Cinderella. We even shared a rehearsal space in Conshohocken.I filled in for Eric on bass once, so I always say "I was a member of Cinderella ... for a day"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a drink and a great talk about Ferrari and Formula One with former 1960's F1 world champion Ferrari driver John Surtees. Another Ferrari story - sat at a restaurant table next to world champ F1 driver Fernando Alonso when he was racing for Ferrari and didn't realize it until waiter told me.

Introduced to some guy named Dan one time. Shook hands and chatted a bit. Found out later his last name was Aykroyd.
Last edited by: cerveloguy: May 15, 19 18:57
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Heather Fuhr

Paula Newby-Fraser
Paul Huddle
Roch Frey
Jimmy Riccitello

I think you should take that to the other forum, where they might be more famous.

Exactly my thoughts when I read it.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
//Miss Indiana of 1994. She wasn't very nice. That's all I got. //

Well, shit, if that counts - I was engaged to a former Miss California / Miss America runner-up. Thankfully broke it off before the wedding day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brooks and Dunn - Met them as a kid while they were filming a music video at the Four Aces Movie Ranch diner in Palmdale, California. They even signed my 49ers hat.

Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze - Met them while they were filming the final skydiving scene for Point Break. I must've been 8 or 9, because I remember asking how they were able to time travel in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and being mesmerized when he told me it was "magic."

I got to fly around General Petraeus and Paul Bremer in Iraq in 2003 and also met Admiral McRaven and General Mulholland when they came to Iraq in 2008 to present some awards to us SOF personnel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rosie O'Donnell - my daughter went to school with her daughter for some time.

while back,
Issac Bashevis Singer. He came couple of times to a restaurant where my wife was a waitress.

Lastly,
Claudia Schiffer. not in person but met her in my dreams.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've met quite a few in the sports world due to my career. Peyton Manning, Serena Williams, Dwayne Wade, Usain Bolt, etc.

Two stand out for me...(one outside of sports)

1) Derek Jeter - I lost a 'cinnamon challenge' bet to him. I knew I couldn't do it but i figured it was worth a shot since it makes for a good story. I had to buy him a large pizza when I lost.

2) Brittany Spears - I sold her a bikini when I worked at Sports Chalet in Marina Del Rey during college. She was really pleasant. Her little sister, not as much.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps, but the question wasn't posed in the other forum.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Irwin...

Yeah, I know, none of you know him. I don't care. Damned fine man, had lunch with him numerous times. Also met Valdy, but yeah I know, none of ya know him either. lol. Jungle Jim Hunter. yup - sure you've never heard of him either! Also, 3 that don't count because I only saw them and didn't get to speak to them. Steve Podborski, Ken Read and Veronica Hamel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok, I will keep Paula Newby Fraser here.

edit per TiDriver.
Last edited by: b4itwascold: May 15, 19 19:42
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fraser. And thank you.

I suggest we leave final ruling to BLeP on such matters. I don't want to create any cross contamination here.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [nosmo king] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buster Crabbe //

This goes way back, when I published the first triathlon only newspaper, Triathlon News. I think I had just put out the 2nd issue or so, and was at Disneyland where Buster was making a personal appearance. Had a chat and got him to hold up the paper while I got a pic of him. Used that pic in the next issue, and captioned it, here is the guy that did the first triathlon. Swimming and running in the jungle, then fighting an alligator for the 3rd event!! I will have to scan that one for you all here sometime, if I can find those old issues. He died shortly after we took that pic. He was the original Tarzan, but he was more famous for being Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers..Won gold in the olympics too, 400 I think it was...
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buster Crabbe came to my college on a speaking tour in 1974-75. A bunch of us guys from the swim team corralled him after his talk and took him down to the pool and shot the breeze with him about his swimming career. Nice guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peter Reid and Dave Scott, I have pix to prove it and I am not taking this shit to the so called main forum.
Magnus, I forgot his family name as it have been ages, but he was a Swedish Olympic speedscater and the first dude to rollerblading the length of Sweden.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sister Buder. I've trained with her and she gifted me one of her Kona run hats. I know, take it to the tri forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sat beside Brad Richards on a plane once. We never said a word but I creeped on a text message conversation he was having with someone about multi-million dollars contracts that were being worked on so I feel like we got to know each other well.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
Sister Buder. I've trained with her and she gifted me one of her Kona run hats. I know, take it to the tri forum.

I forgot all about meeting her. A friend of mine gave her a ride to Memphis in May in something like 2004 or 2005 maybe and we all had dinner with her

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:
Fraser. And thank you.

I suggest we leave final ruling to BLeP on such matters. I don't want to create any cross contamination here.

Never heard of him.

H- doesn’t like my “schtick”. I wouldn’t want to upset H-.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’ve probably never heard of the people that I have had a conversation with:

Chico Resch
Brett Lindros

That’s about it.

I have seen plenty of other famous people but I generally leave them alone. Your rules are strict.

Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
I guess Rick Wagner, is he even considered Famous?

You must be seriously old!

I'm going to a Wagner concert next Wednesday to commemorate his 206th birthday.

;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does this count? I went to a boys hockey camp when I was about 12 or 13.

An NHL player (while we were on the ice) asked me if I was a girl. I had long hair and was small/thin.

He eventually scored over 700 NHL goals.

Quote Reply

Prev Next