Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Does Frodo set up his trainer in lane one?

Comment of the day.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
I will reply to every message in regards to the #landOneGate because I am the one who put his bike there. Fire them away.

Did you turn the trainer around the opposite direction mid-session? It's a common mistake performing all your track sessions in one direction (anti-clockwise) always good to change the direction for muscle fatigue / balance.

Wouldn't want 1 leg of the trainer becoming overly worn...

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ToBeasy wrote:
I wanna see the face of Gjert Ingebrigtsen when he sets his foot an the track and there sits a guy on the trainer in lane one.

Haha one can only imagine the outrage it would cause
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [salmonsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, but could one get a hip hitch by always track running one direction ? Asking for a friend

salmonsteve wrote:
talbotcox wrote:
I will reply to every message in regards to the #landOneGate because I am the one who put his bike there. Fire them away.

Did you turn the trainer around the opposite direction mid-session? It's a common mistake performing all your track sessions in one direction (anti-clockwise) always good to change the direction for muscle fatigue / balance.

Wouldn't want 1 leg of the trainer becoming overly worn...
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [lilmuncher14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody told Lionel he needed to ride outside more often to improve his bike handling. So this is Lionel riding outside.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To practise wearing sunglasses?
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Does Frodo set up his trainer in lane one?

Comment of the day.

concur!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talbotcox,

I hope that you don't get discouraged by all the negative banter on Slowtwitch, and I hope Lionel doesn't give a rip at all! You are doing something really neat with the videos and documenting his training regime.

Thank you both for breathing some life into triathlon. It is very refreshing and much appreciated by many of us.

So many people on here have so much advice and criticism, and much of it seems to be pointless -- whether overly cynical or just an attempt at a witty "post of the day" -- just a pointless tearing down of others' efforts.

So once again -- thank you both!

Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The witty post of the day is what keeps things light and fun. Besides, I don't actually know anything, so it's pretty much my only meaningful (meaningless?) contribution.

I'm sure that if Mr Sanders read it, he would get a chuckle out of it too. Or at least a groan and an eyeroll. He seems like he has a sense of humour.

I agree on the excessive criticism though. Every time something gets posted, a certain crowd seems to delight in finding everything wrong with it. Nothing you can do about that though, just let it be water off a duck's back and keep on truckin' (in lane one, of course...)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [lilmuncher14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lilmuncher14 wrote:
Out of all the Lionel developments I think this needs to be discussed the most. In his training video he’s parked his bike trainer in lane 1 on the track. Where is the outrage?!?! Please discuss.

Also he’s not riding in aero what does this mean for the future of our sport

Everything starts with self proclaimed internet experts "I know it all because I finished 16h IM" If you would have even slight Tri running expertise you would know lane 1 is the shortest, why would anyone setup trainer in longer lane, isn't this all about fastest time? I'm outraged by your comment.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [Richhomiemark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/...Vc&feature=share

This one is for the books!

#laneonegate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and equally important, who swill the 1987 Ironman this year, Dave Scott, Mark Allen, or Lionel Sanders.

#notahellofalotgoingonthisyear

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool video and great looking track.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47UMsN5V8Vc&feature=share

This one is for the books!

#laneonegate

Lionel looks so happy to have his best friend back