Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lionel Parked in Lane One???
Quote | Reply
Out of all the Lionel developments I think this needs to be discussed the most. In his training video he’s parked his bike trainer in lane 1 on the track. Where is the outrage?!?! Please discuss.

Also he’s not riding in aero what does this mean for the future of our sport

Mark Kolding - Rookie Pro 2019 Blog
Last edited by: lilmuncher14: Nov 21, 18 6:03
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [lilmuncher14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will reply to every message in regards to the #landOneGate because I am the one who put his bike there. Fire them away.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
I will reply to every message in regards to the #landOneGate because I am the one who put his bike there. Fire them away.

"LaneOneGate" too funny!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll chime in here..

looked like there were 4 people there..LS, Wife (looked like her running TC and one other...so the big deal is what?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I show up to my local running track this week, and someone is riding their bike in lane #1, I am pushing them over...
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [smoore89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It wouldn't be worth assaulting someone.

Lots of tracks ask you to run in lane 3 and out anyways to avoid overuse in lane 1.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USAT rule 26.35 clearly states, “parking a trainer in lane one of a track, is an automatic DQ from further Slowtwitch threads”.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [smoore89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What track will your be running at? Lionel and I will fly there to do a brick workout? :)

Also at the track there was Lionel, Erin, and myself. There was a guy kicking a soccer ball on the infield so technically if we put the trainer in the grass we would have been in his way. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really a big deal. If the track team shows up then you move the bike, or if someone asks if you can move it you oblige. It’s not complicated.

Of course if a triathlete shows up in his compression socks and headband he might be intimidated seeing Lionel holding 500 watts and cursing (pink).
Last edited by: mwanner13: Nov 21, 18 8:56
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly!

But if the track was in use we would have not even put the bike on the track.

The van in the parking lot has an outlet for a reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Confirmed that when the middle school track club showed up and saw a dude on a bike in lane 1 with a camera crew, they did their workout in the parking lot instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does Frodo set up his trainer in lane one?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Post deleted by talbotcox [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you know someone else wouldn't show up during the workout? Why wasn't the perfectly capable long jump runway used instead? Because it wouldn't give you a "cool" photo?

No harm, no foul - assuming you would move if someone showed up - but if he is going to post it all over youtube and insta you guys should think through these things a little better.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [cold turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good Question.

We went to home depot and bought 100ft of extension cord. I wanted a drone circling shot of him in the high jump area. But just to even get him to the edge we needed about 170ft of extension cord. We also put him on the grass but it was super soft from the sprinklers and made the trainer un even. Trust me I wanted that cool drone shot. I was not able to fly the drone because of the big freaking pole lol

We did note to buy 200ft of extension cord for the next brick lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know! As a former track guy it made me cringe. Lane one is the holy lane - we weren't even supposed to do our speed work in lane one - so as to preserve its pristine surface.

I love Lionel, and love the vids, but I don't know if I am going to be able to forgive this faux pas.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Maybe Lionel Was helping preserve Lane one from being used. 😜

Hopefully one day you can forgive him have such a tragic Act.

Blame me though. Lol I put the bike there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I saw the video I just knew that there would be an ST post about the bike on the track!
So thank you for coming through ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Maybe Lionel Was helping preserve Lane one from being used. 😜

Hopefully one day you can forgive him have such a tragic Act.

Blame me though. Lol I put the bike there.

I will add you to the list of people who have caused me grief on the track - the old lady walkers that take up the first three lanes, the hockey players that practiced "inside" our indoor track and constantly walked across the track during workouts, the shot putters that always seemed to launch a shot put right in front of us - the list is long and seemingly getting longer....
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Guardian wrote:

I will add you to the list of people who have caused me grief on the track -

How about lacrosse teams practicing in the infield. Lacrosse balls whizzing by at times. Even though itd be pretty unlucky to get pegged by a lacrosse ball as you run it still makes me have to run paying more attention than usual.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about the light pole at the long jump?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
We did note to buy 200ft of extension cord for the next brick lol.

You don't need electricity....

Lionel + grand canyon + https://en.wikipedia.org/...n-powered_helicopter
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Does Frodo set up his trainer in lane one?

I love this. Rhetorical question. Who has a bigger man crush? The boner Lionel has for Frodo or the boner this board has for Lionel?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wanna see the face of Gjert Ingebrigtsen when he sets his foot an the track and there sits a guy on the trainer in lane one.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Parked in Lane One??? [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay honestly if a lacrosse ball flew across the field and hit lionel in the face that would be the greatest sanders video yet. You know he would scream and say “HIT ME AGAIN” 😂😂
Quote Reply

Prev Next