Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Trump getting played on N. Korea
Quote | Reply
Who would have guessed? Is this the "winning" we hear so much of?

Quote:
North Korea is moving ahead with its ballistic missile program at 16 hidden bases that have been identified in new commercial satellite images, a network long known to American intelligence agencies but left undiscussed as President Trump claims to have neutralized the North’s nuclear threat.

The satellite images suggest that the North has been engaged in a great deception: It has offered to dismantle a major launching site — a step it began, then halted — while continuing to make improvements at more than a dozen others that would bolster launches of conventional and nuclear warheads.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Who would have guessed? Is this the "winning" we hear so much of?

Quote:

North Korea is moving ahead with its ballistic missile program at 16 hidden bases that have been identified in new commercial satellite images, a network long known to American intelligence agencies but left undiscussed as President Trump claims to have neutralized the North’s nuclear threat.

The satellite images suggest that the North has been engaged in a great deception: It has offered to dismantle a major launching site — a step it began, then halted — while continuing to make improvements at more than a dozen others that would bolster launches of conventional and nuclear warheads.

Don't you love all these "hidden" bases that are readily viewable on Google Maps and well-known to the intelligence community...but not to POTUS.

Excellent deception.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

Don't you love all these "hidden" bases that are readily viewable on Google Maps and well-known to the intelligence community...but not to POTUS.

Read that back to yourself a few times and think about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
DJRed wrote:

To me the concerning factor is if Trump in order to save face and keep on winning fails to hold NK accountable. I don't think most people would put it past him to put his own interests above those of the nation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
DJRed wrote:

I think he knows full well...

The OP subject is incorrect. Trump isn't getting played. He's just lying about what NK has done.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
trail wrote:
DJRed wrote:

The OP subject is incorrect. Trump isn't getting played. He's just lying about what NK has done.

He is getting played, in that N. Korea is using US behavior on sanctions and the like to improve their capabilities and relations with other countries. This is a case where his lies are having a real-life impact, not just raising a Twitter storm.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
BLeP wrote:
trail wrote:
DJRed wrote:

He is getting played, in that N. Korea is using US behavior on sanctions and the like to improve their capabilities and relations with other countries. This is a case where his lies are having a real-life impact, not just raising a Twitter storm.

What I am saying is that Trump is fully aware of what NK is doing.

But instead he lies about it and tells his idiotic followers that NK is under control. And they believe him, because all other news is fake news.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Trump isn't getting played. He's just lying about what NK has done.

He's not really lying. He's just completely given up.

If it takes two years, three years or five months,” Mr. Trump said, suggesting that the timeline for North Korea to surrender its nuclear weapons was flexible. “I got all the time in the world,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t have to rush it.” (source)

He openly admits he has no clue what to do. Which is status quo for Presidents. So I wouldn't fault him just for that. It's a really hard problem. Except by publicly admitting he's given up he's blown all deal-making leverage and signaled N.K. to build full tilt, which they're doing. I have no idea why he'd blow all deal-making leverage by admitting defeat. I think he's just moved on to the caravan. Lot easier to defeat a few thousand destitute South Americans than a nuclear power.
Last edited by: trail: Nov 12, 18 7:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Except by publicly admitting he's given up he's blown all deal-making leverage and signaled N.K. to build full tilt, which they're doing.

Dude, he wrote a book on it called "Art of the Deal", giving his erudite attention to matters such as these, I'm sure he's working some long game to get the better of them...

...or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But remember the Iran deal was bad for some reason.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
But remember the Iran deal was bad for some reason.

Because Obama.

Feet on the desk! Tan suit! Latte salute! He was worse than hitler!!!!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Trump isn't getting played. He's just lying about what NK has done.

He's not really lying. He's just completely given up.

If it takes two years, three years or five months,” Mr. Trump said, suggesting that the timeline for North Korea to surrender its nuclear weapons was flexible. “I got all the time in the world,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t have to rush it.” (source)

He openly admits he has no clue what to do. Which is status quo for Presidents. So I wouldn't fault him just for that. It's a really hard problem. Except by publicly admitting he's given up he's blown all deal-making leverage and signaled N.K. to build full tilt, which they're doing. I have no idea why he'd blow all deal-making leverage by admitting defeat. I think he's just moved on to the caravan. Lot easier to defeat a few thousand destitute South Americans than a nuclear power.

I don't blame him for not getting a deal on NK. I've talked about 60+ years of their nuclear program before as evidence that there is no easy answer. And if I am NK, I definitely want nuclear weapons as a deterrent and as a bargaining chip.

But as mentioned above, by proclaiming victory it made it much easier for other countries to lift sanctions and go back to trading with them. And in order to get them to reimpose sanctions Trump would need to proclaim defeat, which he is not capable of doing.

Who could have known that diplomacy was so hard?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
trail wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Except by publicly admitting he's given up he's blown all deal-making leverage and signaled N.K. to build full tilt, which they're doing.

Dude, he wrote a book on it called "Art of the Deal", giving his erudite attention to matters such as these, I'm sure he's working some long game to get the better of them...

...or not.

Well this is interesting. 8 months ago when there was speculation that Trump was going to bomb NK everyone was up in arms. Then he tries to make a deal to move the peace process along and everyone is up in arms because you can't trust NK... Now 6 months have passed, we don't have any test missiles being fired, and people are again upset.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Well this is interesting. 8 months ago when there was speculation that Trump was going to bomb NK everyone was up in arms. Then he tries to make a deal to move the peace process along and everyone is up in arms because you can't trust NK... Now 6 months have passed, we don't have any test missiles being fired, and people are again upset.

Yes, people did not want war 8 months ago. But that does not make just pretending that everything is going well right either. This is not a binary choice between war and not war. There are options besides war.

We don't have any missiles being test fired, because the DPRK does not need to fire any. They already have a credible deterrent to drop nuclear warheads on America. Why waste more money firing more? Well, until they are ready to fire their solid fueled ICBM, but not much reason to fire more of their liquid fueled missiles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
trail wrote:
BLeP wrote:

...or not.

So in you're estimation Trump does have a long game he's thought out? You think he is thinking 2 or 3 moves ahead of the N. Koreans?

Your post doesn't make a point related to what I said.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
trail wrote:
BLeP wrote:

...or not.

So in you're estimation Trump does have a long game he's thought out? You think he is thinking 2 or 3 moves ahead of the N. Koreans?

Trump is no different from the previous Presidents when it comes to NK so I agree with you. He's now worse off because those that didn't trust NK were proven correct and he hates to be proven wrong.This makes him more dangerous, because he can't be seen as a public failure twice.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
trail wrote:
BLeP wrote:

...or not.

Trump is no different from the previous Presidents when it comes to NK so I agree with you. He's now worse off because those that didn't trust NK were proven correct and he hates to be proven wrong.This makes him more dangerous, because he can't be seen as a public failure twice.
-
Well, except for Clinton, who actually was intelligent relative to those since, so I don't know what that tells us.
-
“This is a good deal for the United States,” he said at the time. “North Korea will freeze and then dismantle its nuclear program. South Korea and our other allies will be better protected. The entire world will be safer as we slow the spread of nuclear weapons.”
-
https://dailycaller.com/...ake-the-world-safer/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, go get a life. This thread has zero value.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's the Lavender Room...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:

Sure sounds like Trump has been played.

https://www.cnn.com/...kcna-intl/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Sure sounds like Trump has been played.

Of course he got played, it's embarrassing how he fawned over Kim.

Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can almost forgive him for being played. But he is such a butthead, he refuses to admit it and doubles down. At this point, NK could detonate a H-bomb and he would still call it fake news. It almost makes me wonder if Putin gave him a copy of whatever he has on Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
I can almost forgive him for being played. But he is such a butthead, he refuses to admit it and doubles down. At this point, NK could detonate a H-bomb and he would still call it fake news. It almost makes me wonder if Putin gave him a copy of whatever he has on Trump.

He's been quoted as saying to never admit you're wrong because that's a sign of weakness. Definitely a butthead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://thehill.com/...-missile-base-report

Quote:
National security adviser John Bolton said Tuesday that Trump believes he should hold a second summit with Kim because the North Korean leader hasn't lived up to commitments he made during their first meeting.

On Tuesday, Bolton said that the second meeting between Trump and Kim would likely happen in January or February, as “they have not lived up to the commitments so far.”

"That's why I think the President thinks that another summit is likely to be productive,” Bolton said at The Wall Street Journal's annual CEO Council conference.

What? This makes about as much sense as a hole in the head.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump getting played on N. Korea [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
What? This makes about as much sense as a hole in the head.

Hmmmm. He's been lying to us for years. He hasn't lived up to his most recent promises. So another summit is likely to be productive?

BTW: The above statement rings equally true of both Kim Jung Un and Donald Trump.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply

Prev Next