Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
It's not Sanders. It's his fans and the fifty threads that they have going at any point in time.

It's like Steelers fans. They just go full retard.

This.

Plus he needs a coach and some direction that he sticks with. He went for the Frodeno 2% bodyfat and fell apart like Frodeno.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just hurt Dev's feelings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8:26 is mediocre?
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get being annoyed by over zealous fans but rejoicing in the failure or misfortune of someone really makes you a total dick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
You guys pumped this up all year like Sanders has a prayer. Well, he was a complete non factor. Not even in the hunt. Goes home devastated.

I can hear the excuses now

“This was not the race I had in me. I proved that in my training races.”
“The Germans were drafting.”
“My nutrition...”

No one should be surprised at all. No. One. This is what happens when a person shaves off his power mustache. You just don’t do what he did.

Lol
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [davetri1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetri1 wrote:
In Reply To:

It is when the winner goes sub 8:00
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [drluke12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drluke12 wrote:
1:10 of this video....duh? Need a coach much??

Seems he knew exactly where he was and where he was going to finish. Almost makes me wonder if he decided some time ago to write this year off and target next year.

Curious that, in spite of the favorable conditions, he went slower on the bike even though his NP was slightly higher.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So he said he was massively overtrained this year and would finish about 30th ? I suppose he won't be disappointed then ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure LS was joking.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [davetri1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetri1 wrote:
In Reply To:
when you're over 30 mins behind your category winner, were 2nd last year, and didnt beat the fastest age grouper? Um, yea. Mediocre.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Oct 13, 18 18:41
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [Longrunhome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get being annoyed by over zealous fans but rejoicing in the failure or misfortune of someone really makes you a total dick. //

No kidding, anyone celebrating his bad day is missing the point of sport. And that is what it was, just a bad day from the get go. Horrible swim that was minutes off what he had just done the week before. And then an obvious power problem with his body on the bike. It was not strategy or pacing, or nutrition, he was just very much off before the gun went off.

Now you can all argue why that was, have none of you ever had a bad day? I think for me, at least 20% of my races were on off days, and half of those on really bad days, just the nature of racing. Yes, some people are blessed with having great days most of the time, but show me a champion, and I will show you someone else who had their own bad days...
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [Blacky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He should be happy with his 2nd place FPro finish. Nice progress from last year
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He most definitely need a coach! Dont really understand why not! MAybe he want to learn, maybe coaching is expensive, but right now he need someone professional that would call off this crazy ideas as doing one Ironman getting 2nd place and doing another one in the following week!
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This makes no sense. All of his videos he showed incredible fitness. Talked about how he is in his best shape. In his recent training mock Ironman, he showed he was ready to have a great Ironman.

Something happened out there today, he got himself into quicksand and that was it. I would imagine that he piled on TOO much fatigue in the 3-4 weeks before Kona that he couldn't get out of.

Either way. Lionel laid a massive egg today and he'll be back.

gary p wrote:
drluke12 wrote:

Seems he knew exactly where he was and where he was going to finish. Almost makes me wonder if he decided some time ago to write this year off and target next year.

Curious that, in spite of the favorable conditions, he went slower on the bike even though his NP was slightly higher.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
drluke12 wrote:

guess he is like luke mckenzie when he got 2nd few years back. that was his best and nothing better going forward
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [FaKaspar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He most definitely need a coach! Dont really understand why not!

-------

Until he realizes this, he'll always "fight" coaching/listening and want to do it "his way". BUT it has to start with him...he has to realize this, not his friends, not his wife, but him, because that's when he'll actually buy in and see the things he wants to see. Until then it'll just be an "advisor" or an "check in" with a coach.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
drluke12 wrote:

My under-informed opinion is he trained too much the last few weeks leading up to the race. And probably burned a few too many matches this year with his no-meat diet adventures. Otherwise, he would have done much better.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone has to look at his equipment / position. He pushed more watts on a calmer day and was slower. Add this to a slower than expected swim; and I am sure that caused him to come out of T2 at 6 min miles - hotter than he should have.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a shame but you could see this coming for most of the season. It really rattled him and he started making drastic changes. He's relatively new but his reluctance to coaching is a problem for him. He continues to just hammer himself where a coach would help control that and save him from his obsession!
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What coach would accept him?
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRinSD wrote:
Someone has to look at his equipment / position. He pushed more watts on a calmer day and was slower. Add this to a slower than expected swim; and I am sure that caused him to come out of T2 at 6 min miles - hotter than he should have.

I think he was faster while pushing the watts, he made up like 4 minutes, but then imploded.....
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [wjoiner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An coach that is going to need LS to show them why they should coach him.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandes wrote:
This makes no sense. All of his videos he showed incredible fitness. Talked about how he is in his best shape. In his recent training mock Ironman, he showed he was ready to have a great Ironman.

Something happened out there today, he got himself into quicksand and that was it. I would imagine that he piled on TOO much fatigue in the 3-4 weeks before Kona that he couldn't get out of.

Either way. Lionel laid a massive egg today and he'll be back.

gary p wrote:
drluke12 wrote:

He may not be back. 2nd last year may have just been a lucky fluke.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [Scot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scot wrote:
It's a shame but you could see this coming for most of the season. It really rattled him and he started making drastic changes. He's relatively new but his reluctance to coaching is a problem for him. He continues to just hammer himself where a coach would help control that and
save him from his obsession!

That's the truth. He needs a top-top-top coach that he both believes in (so he'll do what he says) and also demands to keep him on the straight and narrow to success with no f*cking around. Kropelnicki comes to mind, but I'm sure there's several others.

I'm extremely difficult to coach because I think I already know so much, but I'll listen to certain people if they have results and also somewhat align with what I already think. Sanders seems the exact same way. Kropelnicki comes across as somebody with awesome results and also has plenty of background in nutrition. And I had an hour-long chat with Rob Gray about nutrition that was amazing. People, hit him up if you're looking for how to get your calories down a whole lot better. Tough to beat advice from an Ultraman champ.
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Oct 13, 18 19:28
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders goes home DEVASTATED! [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
I find the Brownlee fanboys more nauseating ;)

No offence taken!
Quote Reply

Prev Next