Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Early, but let's hear it: kona predictions [THRILLHO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THRILLHO wrote:
If Sanders wins, can we count him as an American since Canada is in North America?

He won't. And no.
Quote Reply
Re: Early, but let's hear it: kona predictions [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Frodo and Lange eat too many vegetables.
I'm going with Javier Gomez. Everyone knows Spanish steak makes you go fast.

Interesting.
I think that in Spain we don't have anymore so many money to buy german vegetables or belgium chocolates, they have increase the price since London Olimpic Games.

juanillo wrote:

It's funny to read that doping is always surrounding the spanish success in sports. It happened with Nadal, Gasol,... I really don't know what Contador did in that Tour de France, but I assure you that 80% of his contenders doped too in that case.]
So, I appreciate you bet for Gomez, but there is no need to put a shadow on him or we might do it to any other triathlete in Kona.
Are you American? Then you dope cause Lance did it

It is a normal game, you are from a country and you have to blame on other countries because there are to many athletes from this country who wins, but you are not able to think that shit on yours.

Spain golden age is suspect by dopping, and in some way is our fault as spaniards, because we were too proud and we defend our doppers from external attacks. But I believe that it is false and no fair to think that all spanish are doppers. In this way, it is unfair that athletes from countries with far more positives both in the past and in the recent history (US, Germany, Russia, UK....) are doppers too.
Quote Reply
Re: Early, but let's hear it: kona predictions [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Men:
1. Frodo
2. Kienle
3. Currie (FROM THE RAFTERS)
Women:
1. Ryf
2. Charles
3. Mirinda
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Men:
Frodo
Lange
Nilsson
Sanders
Gomez

Women:
Ryf (comfortably)
Hauschildt
Charles
Carfrae
Jackson

I'm very interested to see how True and Helle do. I think both have a chance to surprise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's hope Hurricane Lane doesn't wipe Kona from the map, or we won't have a race this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just saw Tim Don got a spot. Top 5 for him....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Women: Ryf by about 10 minutes over Charles. Another big gap to third.

Men: Frodeno in third starting the run, catches Sanders (who then blows up trying to go with him) to move up to second, and then catches Wurf inside the last 5km, who hangs on for second in front of a fast-finishing Gomez. End result Frodeno / Wurf / Gomez.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sad news to see regarding Jan (from his instagram).....

https://www.instagram.com/...;igshid=uyk8jso7hyk7

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Re: Early, but let's hear it: kona predictions [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Women:
1. Ugh... Ryf
2. Carfrae
3. Charles

Not that I don't like Ryf, I just like competition and right now, she's too hot to bet against. Carfrae runs down Charles.

Men:
1. Gomez
2. Lange
3. Frodeno

Not the smartest bet, I know, I just don't understand why everyone keeps saying Gomez, who always kept up with the brownlees, is a 'weak cyclist'. I want the rookie story and if anyone can do it, he can. I think once Jan realizes he won't catch up to Gomez, he fades back to 3rd while Lange gets close.

My only change due to the recent news is Sanders for 3rd place.

Y'all can hate on Gomez all you want (re: no work in the 70.3 WC bike line), he just plays the smart game by the rules. Always has.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply

Prev Next