Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pentagon Will Start Creating Space Force... [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
200 years from now, after Earth has a unified government, when Cadets enter the Space Force Academy dreaming of becoming Captain of the Starship Enterprise, they will know little of United States History. They'll vaguely know that Washington was the first President of a former sovereign jurisdiction on Earth and other than him they'll only know the name of Donald Trump, who founded the Space Force.

Indeed, my prediction contains an error. 200 years from now, Enterprise will have no meaning, except as a purveyor of rental shuttles. The first Starship capable of Warp Speed will be called the USS Trump.

So what you are saying is like all things founded by Trump, that Space Force will declare bankruptcy?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Pentagon Will Start Creating Space Force... [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We should all be grateful that the U.S forces are "still deployed in the desert". That's where the bad guys are and keeping them there, and getting rid of them, is far better than the alternative.
Quote Reply
Re: Pentagon Will Start Creating Space Force... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
We should all be grateful that the U.S forces are "still deployed in the desert". That's where the bad guys are and keeping them there, and getting rid of them, is far better than the alternative.

Rumsfeld, is that you?
Quote Reply
Re: Pentagon Will Start Creating Space Force... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so we are going to have "space force" without a way to actually get into space on our own?
Quote Reply
Re: Pentagon Will Start Creating Space Force... [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rich_m wrote:
so we are going to have "space force" without a way to actually get into space on our own?

Don't get bogged down by silly details. You have to look at the big picture. We can just hitch a ride with the Russians when we need to. And everyone knows that most space scenes are just shot on the back lot of Universal Studios..

Besides, the real payoff here is how much money we can throw at defense contractors. We don't even need to go to space, we can just say we tried.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Pentagon Will Start Creating Space Force... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Rumsfeld, is that you?

I can't tell you if the use of force in Space today would last five days, or five weeks, or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last any longer than that.

Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    rich_m wrote:
    Elon Musk to the rescue!

He must be loving all this talk of a Space Force.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Pentagon Will Start Creating Space Force... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Brownie28 wrote:
    rich_m wrote:
    Elon Musk to the rescue!

He must be loving all this talk of a Space Force.

Remember the good old days when America had space races with other world superpowers? We’ve sunk so low we have to compete against our own citizens now. #MAGA
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    at first i thought.......surely someone in the cabinet has the balls to speak out on what a stupid idea this is......but then....Trump does no what was found at Roswell.

Come on legislative branch - time to step up. Fiscal conservatives - think of the cost. The rest can just think. Space is one area where the international community is getting on quite well, don't let him screw it up.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    rich_m wrote:
    at first i thought.......surely someone in the cabinet has the balls to speak out on what a stupid idea this is......but then....Trump does no what was found at Roswell.

Come on legislative branch - time to step up. Fiscal conservatives - think of the cost. The rest can just think. Space is one area where the international community is getting on quite well, don't let him screw it up.
    I did actually hear someone on NPR a few nights ago talk about China and Russia building out weapons that can target satellites, he disagreed with the creation of the space force but did say that the Air Force isn't really equipped for space missions and that there's a chance 'battles' are waged over satellite technology...it seems like a lot of damage could be done if a country wanted to start taking out satellites.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Brownie28 wrote:
    rich_m wrote:

I did actually hear someone on NPR a few nights ago talk about China and Russia building out weapons that can target satellites, he disagreed with the creation of the space force but did say that the Air Force isn't really equipped for space missions and that there's a chance 'battles' are waged over satellite technology...it seems like a lot of damage could be done if a country wanted to start taking out satellites.

It is 75 years later and this sentiment often attributed to Einstein from the 40's still holds.

“I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

I would think that in any large scale war that involves any 2 or more of the world powers, satellites will be taken out pretty quickly.

Hopefully I will be moldering in the ground by then.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Well we have space cadet (bonespurs) now for prez.....send him up to mars now.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Pentagon Will Start Creating Space Force... [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    need a big rocket - he's no jockey

......and what did the martians do to you?
    Quote Reply
    Re: Pentagon Will Start Creating Space Force... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    slowguy wrote:
    It's funny to call some of this "new." We stood up U.S. Space Command as a Unified Combatant Command back in '85. It merged into STRATCOM in '02, but we're basically just bringing back what we already had.

You mean like making it great again...?
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    "Space Marines." 'Nuff said. ;-)[/quote]

RayGovett
    Hughson CA
    Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
    Quote Reply
    Re: Pentagon Will Start Creating Space Force... [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Arch Stanton: Aug 10, 18 21:18
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Only thing that missing would be if The Donald ended his treet with ''and the Martians are going to pay for it''!

Seriously though, this is the same thing the two Bush administrations tried to push on us but now it's on steroids. Instead of just a satelite defense system, we get a whole new military division with everything that goes with it.

Seriously again, if you consider yourself a fiscal conservative, you better vote against these guys before they spend every cent that this country can borrow!

---------------------------
    ''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
    Quote Reply
    Re: Pentagon Will Start Creating Space Force... [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Sweeney wrote:
    Only thing that missing would be if The Donald ended his treet with ''and the Martians are going to pay for it''!

Seriously though, this is the same thing the two Bush administrations tried to push on us but now it's on steroids. Instead of just a satelite defense system, we get a whole new military division with everything that goes with it.

Seriously again, if you consider yourself a fiscal conservative, you better vote against these guys before they spend every cent that this country can borrow!

I'm not voting for anyone, at least for some time. I didn't vote in last Tuesday's primaries and I'm not voting in November. First time I'm not voting since I first voted in 1978. If I wasn't home on leave, I voted absentee. No matter where I lived, I voted. No longer.

Also, there's this: ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Great pic, but this is really not the time to give up voting. For both parties!

---------------------------
    ''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
    Quote Reply
    Re: Pentagon Will Start Creating Space Force... [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Sweeney wrote:
    Great pic, but this is really not the time to give up voting. For both parties!

Yeah, I'm gonna get right on that voting thing just as soon as the Uniparty actually becomes at least two (preferably three or four) legitimate political parties. In the meantime... ;-)

Covfefe!

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Just wait. This could be the crowning achievement of the Trump administration. Twenty years from now all you haters will be looking back and thinking, "I could have joined up. I could have traveled to the Tannhauser Gate, helped save the planet from the genetically altered bugs of Emperor Xi, and spent my downtime teaching green women to love."
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I went back to find video of when he first mentions "Space Force" and I'm just reminded that America elected our crazy old uncle to be President.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Brownie28 wrote:
    rich_m wrote:

Was thinking of something similar since satellites are seemingly just flying around, orbiting the earth totally exposed without any kind of defence mechanism. Like how hard would it be for some kind of spacecraft (manned or unmanned) to attach itself to a foreign satellite and disable it, steal its contents, memory, change its directory, or whatever (maybe its harder than it sounds)? Of course, simply blowing a satellite up creates dangerous space junk which isn't a good idea. Would be interesting to see how countries respond to such technology or build satellites that can defend themselves from such attacks. I wonder what the current international laws are regarding this issue. Maybe its already going on. It seems the US, Russia, China are always launching secret rockets into space.
    Quote Reply

Prev Next