Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
I think the problem you’re going to run into is them making it any faster so should they really build new molds.

I love my p5 and I’m not expecting anything drastic beyond that anytime soon. I’ll just be pissed if the the brakes break as I love the hydraulic ones and don’t want to not have those as an option in the future

Don't cube use the Mugura's on the bike they old released this year?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
My mistake. I guess I prefer all in one designed solutions instead of bolting on aftermarket things. But, that gives more choice so whatever works.

I guess there are two ways of thinking about it going totally integrated with proprietary parts such as built in bottles or trying to best integrated standard options (e.g round bottles or after market aero bottles.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Ventum and the Shiv did it right with integrated hydration. Combine that with an integrated bento and you have something awesome. Then you can carry a BTA bottle as well.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I think the Ventum and the Shiv did it right with integrated hydration. Combine that with an integrated bento and you have something awesome. Then you can carry a BTA bottle as well.

If the P5x Update and Andean included an integrated hydration like Specialized that's game on.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Considering Ventum and Specialized both hold patents on their hydration systems, no one else can do what they do.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrlobber wrote:
There will be a S5 Disc, a new S3 Disc, and also P5 Disc.

source?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
Hopefully a P3 with a clean front end, disc brakes and internal electronics. Having to have an external Di2 battery in 2018 in an expensive bicycle sounds...stupid.

why would you ever, ever use an external battery on a p series bike? i don't care what it comes with, why would you leave it like that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

I've tried a number of aftermarket bottle setups with straws and was underwhelmed by all of them. Chief among my complaints was the PITA of cleaning out the whole system after Gatorade baked in it for hours. Being a bit of a germophobe, complicated hydration systems like that just sort of creep me out. I'll take a regular bottle BTA and another behind the seat any day. Now, integrated storage - yes, please!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ktm520 wrote:
Am I missing something, I have built many of these bikes with Di2 including older generation and all with internal battery in seatpost?
Are you able to install an internal Di2 battery on a P3? If so, why doesn't Cervelo?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Considering Ventum and Specialized both hold patents on their hydration systems, no one else can do what they do.

Looking at a lot of their patents [specifically Specialized], that would be like saying Giant can't make a dual suspension mountain bike. There's a way for other companies to integrate hydration within the fuselage, they just have to figure it out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt tried it on the IA and Specialized made them stop.

Last edited by: BryanD: Aug 10, 18 8:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
God that's beautiful.

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
ktm520 wrote:
Am I missing something, I have built many of these bikes with Di2 including older generation and all with internal battery in seatpost?

Are you able to install an internal Di2 battery on a P3? If so, why doesn't Cervelo?

1. yes, easily
2. you'd have to ask them

(although ktm is wrong the p series should have the internal battery in the seat tube, not seat post)
Last edited by: jkhayc: Aug 10, 18 8:44
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 3 friends with SHIV and all stopped using their integrated fuel systems.They may use it for that one day in their live, the long distance IM. And still than, you can carry up to 1.5l around..you still have to refuel somewhere. My issue is that due to my short arms there never fits a bottle system in the front. But integrated like Shiv is a no go for me. Reminds me on my first camelback. This thing looked ugly as hell after some months.
Ventum's system instead looks way more practical! But you loose all the storage capacities for that. I've seen people putting bentos on top of the water tank. Not sure if I would like that. there is always something..
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [Spoili007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Ventum added a bento behind the stem and in front of the bottle, that would be super cool.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has screw holes to add a bento...I'm guessing though that this is the same frustration with the p5 and p3...just put a bento and sell it that way in the first place?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ventum has screw holes on the bottle, not behind the stem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you want holes behind the stem and under the bottle? You'll just make the bike slower by removing the bottle. It's literally designed so you have to have the bottle in place or that's the way they make it seem when they pitch: "It's the only bike out there where it's faster with the bottle than not".

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
So you want holes behind the stem and under the bottle? You'll just make the bike slower by removing the bottle. It's literally designed so you have to have the bottle in place or that's the way they make it seem when they pitch: "It's the only bike out there where it's faster with the bottle than not".

I am very familiar with the Ventum. I played with it at the A2 tunnel and my shop carries Ventum. I said take the bolt holes off the bottle and put the bento behind the stem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I stare at the ventum layout right now ...with the bottle on...where are you putting the the bolt holes? ELI5 por favor.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Thorax wrote:
ktm520 wrote:

1. yes, easily
2. you'd have to ask them

(although ktm is wrong the p series should have the internal battery in the seat tube, not seat post)

yeah, what do I know?

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry, that was more antagonistic than i meant it to be. personally, i strongly dislike having the battery in the seat POST. makes assembly far more annoying (from travel, for example).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
sorry, that was more antagonistic than i meant it to be. personally, i strongly dislike having the battery in the seat POST. makes assembly far more annoying (from travel, for example).

that's where eTap is really nice. No batteries to try and put somewhere on the frame.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [axti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Better yet..book a meeting with your bank manager...and then splurge on the 9180 TT hydrolic brake levers with single button syncroshift built in!

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries and understand the point yet still prefer the seatpost even with travel. I am likely not the best resource for the other posters protest as I do not necessarily expect the manufacturers to come up with ever solution for every client, I just do not want barriers or major limitations for customizing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next