Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There will be a S5 Disc, a new S3 Disc, and also P5 Disc.

I didn't understand if R5 would get an update as well (which would be weird since it was released just a year ago), but there are some hints of it or maybe the person I talked to didn't understand things properly.

They might all not come this fall, but likely still be available before next season begins.

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Buy a $40 bento and put in there. Done nice looking and cheaper than what a manufacturer will charge for integrated version
Waste the bento area to hide the battery? Then store the gels/bars under the downtube?

Come on, no excuses, an external battery mount on the bottom bracket shouldn't be a thing in 2018 on a Cervelo bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
Buy a $40 bento and put in there. Done nice looking and cheaper than what a manufacturer will charge for integrated version
Waste the bento area to hide the battery? Then store the gels/bars under the downtube?

Come on, no excuses, an external battery mount on the bottom bracket shouldn't be a thing in 2018 on a Cervelo bike.

I would say the same thing about using bars/gels in 2018.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice whataboutism. What about Cervelo having TT/Tri models which still attach their Di2 batteries externally, anything?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m being serious. I use my bento for blip box and tubes etc. I don’t understand in 2018 why you would use bars/gels and I think placing them ina bento is a waste of storage space but that’s just me. Personally I think integration is overrated but I understand what you are saying and I’m sure it is coming.

They built the P5x for people like you that use gels/bars. Maybe it will trickle down.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Aug 10, 18 4:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone confirm if the internal Battery Mount method on the S5 also works with the P3 & P5? See the S5 Manual, page 11.

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canyon was on my wish list but the fit/geometry doesn’t really suit me well. I’m still intrigued (but don’t think I would given the fit)but I’ve heard they have also had some issues launching in the US. A canyon road bike is something I would really look at though.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have seen their new dealer catalog...there is no p3x...no P3 disc. The only change I saw was there also is no more p5 three...
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, but at the ongoing dealershow there is the blackbox where there are 'supposed' to be pictures in from some new models that are not in the dealerbook yet to prevend them from an 'early' introduction and these models will be revealed in September. Interesting thing I found in the dealerbook was that there mentioned P-X series and that most models were specified as 'rim' or 'disc' brake models in their names/series. Might suggesting that could be a P3 rim and for example a P3 disc.

Anyway, we will see in the weeks before Kona if there is anything tri specific new that they don't want to introduce yet :-)

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well...being truly secretive about it is one way to do it. Or they could have started some countdown...like 144 day count to ....wait, we need a do-over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Thorax wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

What do you use instead?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
I’m being serious. I use my bento for blip box and tubes etc. I don’t understand in 2018 why you would use bars/gels and I think placing them ina bento is a waste of storage space but that’s just me. Personally I think integration is overrated but I understand what you are saying and I’m sure it is coming.

They built the P5x for people like you that use gels/bars. Maybe it will trickle down.

Lol what? Have you ever raced an Ironman?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
I don’t understand in 2018 why you would use bars/gels

What's wrong with bars and gels?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. Is your question directed at repair aspects of my suggested set up or calories? What problem can I help you solve today? :)
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Aug 10, 18 6:15
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is personal....for me...(1) storage; (2) potentially messy; (3) having to deal with trash; (4) not personal to your nutrition needs (like infinit is); and (5) having to grab, open, mix with water etc while riding (as opposed to grab drink and go with calories bottle or just drink from straw if you use that type of bottle)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
This is personal....for me...(1) storage; (2) potentially messy; (3) having to deal with trash; (4) not personal to your nutrition needs (like infinit is); and (5) having to grab, open, mix with water etc while riding (as opposed to grab drink and go with calories bottle or just drink from straw if you use that type of bottle)

OK, yeah, I agree. Roadie now, but never ate on the bike on my two long-course tris.

I was just thinking as a roadie, I do cram a few gels/bars in my jersey on long rides. But that's a whole other deal, not racing, storage not an issue, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use bottles in calorie for long rides but often carry “back up” gels in jersey pockets. No aero penalty and save bento space for things I would prefer not to have/can’t have in a jersey like blip box, repair kit etc
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Yes. The Cervelo folks in Europe said that an updated P5 would be released this fall. The hint was disk brakes and storage. I LOVE my current P5 and I believe I'll be up for this new one. I would expect to pipeline to be flowing until spring.

Interesting, I expected a more TT orientated bike for Sunwebs use as they already have the P5x with lots of storage. I thought maybe a cheaper P5x might come out at some point as well.

As I just TT these days I was hoping for a rim braked P5 update along the lines of the British/cervelo Track bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the problem you’re going to run into is them making it any faster so should they really build new molds.

I love my p5 and I’m not expecting anything drastic beyond that anytime soon. I’ll just be pissed if the the brakes break as I love the hydraulic ones and don’t want to not have those as an option in the future
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something, I have built many of these bikes with Di2 including older generation and all with internal battery in seatpost?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

Because science? Seriously, not all of our guts are the same, so not all of us can pack a bottle with 800 calories in it. Also, most of us don't truly have the time to care for making a custom formulation on infinit when we'd like to just gob down a gel of Gu Roctane Caramel Macchiato...also...let's talk about people who saran wrap home made bars to their bike instead, that has to be non-aero and just weird.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At risk of derailing the thread about P5, it’s custom so you can pack as many or as few as you want—you can “pack” the same number number of calories as you would take in from gels/bars. Custom process took me less than 5’. Infinit will do it for you.

Still prefer gels? Premix. Save time, storage, messsiness, trash etc.

Saran Wrap home made bars? Yeah that’s weird. I always thought sticking any bar/food to a bike to be weird and kinda gross.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
No. Is your question directed at repair aspects of my suggested set up or calories? What problem can I help you solve today? :)
Not everyone does liquid only nutrition. Storage is very important for long distance racing. Yes, I can fit some of my repair kit behind saddle and some in my bento with nutrition. But to say that storage is not important on triathlon bikes is just wrong.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when did I say storage isn’t important??? I said integration is overrated. Storage is very important. I just think that aftermarket storage often makes more sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My mistake. I guess I prefer all in one designed solutions instead of bolting on aftermarket things. But, that gives more choice so whatever works.

Quote Reply

Prev Next