Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although they did work well...I never liked the Magura brakes anyways...they were not easy to get set up on wider rims...even when you removed spacers...then the pads were hard to get flush.

I finally decided to go back to the p5 three...and glad I did. When I had my LBS check on a frame set...there was only one 56 left. Really happy with the build, I like the Aduro bars...I like the ‘18 paint-job...we put an ee cycleworks brake up front. I plan on staying on it for a while...
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [TK17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not opposed to this idea as it saves me some money (dont need new wheels and power meter) and really disc brakes aren't a huge issue for me. Cervelo was one of the better fits for me so if they did update the P5 it would make it my choice a little easier.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How were the color updates on the Felt? Honestly, the colorways of the Felt are the biggest drawback personally. I know that is kind of silly but I'm not crazy for them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s here. Only way to get single number IAs now.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not listed on website yet

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well for ‘19 it will be. I have the dealer catalog....

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
I finally decided to go back to the p5 three...and glad I did.

Couldn't you just replace the brakes on the P5-6?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi,
after a lot back and for I also consider going back to Cervelo. Initially I had something different in mind but after some excitement (and still lots of open questions but no feedback) I think I stick to what I have and know. If I get a good deal on a P5x and a good fit I'll jump on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really...as I had sold my p5 six a long time ago...😊

I was riding a P3 again...waiting to see what changes were coming...heard that there reallly wouldn’t be any...so that’s when we thought to look for the P5 three. My LBS sold the P3 for what I had in it...the same day I brought it in...they kept 20%, so it worked out pretty well for me...

And sorry to get off topic...

But one thing I always think about when I see these threads...why doesn’t the OP consider premier Tactical or Quintana Roo? I personally would buy either of those before I put money into a FELT
Last edited by: zooropa: Aug 9, 18 14:34
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Yes. The Cervelo folks in Europe said that an updated P5 would be released this fall. The hint was disk brakes and storage.

I don’t think adding storage and disk brakes to the P5 would make a ton of business sense for Cervelo. Given the similarity in aero and price, it and the P5x would eat too much into each other’s sales.

Matt
Last edited by: Pun_Times: Aug 9, 18 15:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
P5X in a great new colourscheme. Looks really awesome. Have pictures from the dealershow right now, but won’t post them yet.

I’m not in the market, but good to hear. Not a fan of the P5x color scheme. Now the Lamborghini version, that’s a looker.

Do you happen to look at the R series? I really like the bright yellow color scheme of the current R3, so I’m hoping new ones come out so I can get it on sale. Also wondering if the will keep the R2 as rim only

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to take issue with this talk of future proofing with disc brakes. Rim brakes have been around for what, 100 years? What parts would become rare or unavailable in ten years? TriRig calipers? Cables? Aero brake levers? Traditional race wheels? I’ll go out on a limb here and just say highly, highly unlikely.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
Okay, i have just about seen most new dealerbooks. Felt IAx stay the same, just colour updates, the IA series, with the integrated front brake all go disc brake.
Cervelo lists P2 2 colours, P3 2 colours same frames as previous, P5 same as this year and P5X in a great new colourscheme. Looks really awesome. Have pictures from the dealershow right now, but won’t post them yet Rumours are a P3X disc, but nothing so far of a P5 disc. There is going some stuff released by september as they said which is not at the dealershow.

Jeroen

You know what would be awesome...multiple color schemes.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So would a 'P3X' be a beam bike, or just a P3 with discs?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
I need to take issue with this talk of future proofing with disc brakes. Rim brakes have been around for what, 100 years? What parts would become rare or unavailable in ten years? TriRig calipers? Cables? Aero brake levers? Traditional race wheels? I’ll go out on a limb here and just say highly, highly unlikely.
I can't promise whether TriRig will be around in 100 years, and I most likely won't be alive in 2118, but I would bet that rim brakes will still be here.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should check out QR PR6 Disc. I am completely satisfied
Last edited by: Animalmom2: Aug 9, 18 18:30
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hadn’t really considered a Felt before but I was fitted and it was on the list that fits me which is the biggest factor in my decision. The QR wasn’t a great for and the Tactical was something we didn’t consider. I haven’t ridden a Felt yet but I wouldn’t buy one unless I had a chance to get one out for a test ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m really looking for a tri specific bike. I was hoping for a good update on the Argon 18 e 119 but I’m not a huge fan of the new color scheme. If I go that route I’d go with the 2018 look.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Yes. The Cervelo folks in Europe said that an updated P5 would be released this fall. The hint was disk brakes and storage.

There are other bike releases still to come before that project.
I think that timeframe is excessively optimistic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TK17 wrote:
I like the P5 but have read that you cannot have electronic shifters on the bull horns with the Magura brakes so that could be an issue.

You can. I put the SW-R9150 satellite shifter to the bull horns, works perfectly. There is a dedicated thread here on ST regarding this topic.

Update: here it is:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...d-Australia_P6576150
Last edited by: axti: Aug 9, 18 23:16
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmNZB5hFUW6/

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't tell since I haven't seen anything, it is so far just a rumour that there will be a P3X. The P3 as in the previous year will still exist, but there seem to be just only 1 P5X so they might bring a cheaper version and call it P3X but like I said, it is so far just a rumour and I haven't seen anything in pics right now. And if I did/do I don't show them until Cervelo gives the green light for that.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about a Canyon?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully a P3 with a clean front end, disc brakes and internal electronics. Having to have an external Di2 battery in 2018 in an expensive bicycle sounds...stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 update? [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy a $40 bento and put in there. Done nice looking and cheaper than what a manufacturer will charge for integrated version
Quote Reply

Prev Next