Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: First Pro fit results in... what bike do I get? 1.74m tall and a size 60 Felt??? [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You sound like a good candidate for a P4 :)
Quote Reply
Re: First Pro fit results in... what bike do I get? 1.74m tall and a size 60 Felt??? [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have edited. That was my tablet deciding it knows better than I do. You would think that with the number of times I've typed 'aerobars' all my devices would be familiar with the word.
Quote Reply
Re: First Pro fit results in... what bike do I get? 1.74m tall and a size 60 Felt??? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is the original aerobar, listed in the specs (Felt TT/Tri aero base bar & Ć’ bend tri-position clip on extensions)

How do I measure the setback?
Quote Reply
Re: First Pro fit results in... what bike do I get? 1.74m tall and a size 60 Felt??? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P4? why?
Quote Reply
Re: First Pro fit results in... what bike do I get? 1.74m tall and a size 60 Felt??? [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Trent! Do you think it is worth going to another fit session? I found someone in my city does Retul
Quote Reply
Re: First Pro fit results in... what bike do I get? 1.74m tall and a size 60 Felt??? [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I honestly don’t know. It seems very easy to find “certified” fitters that aren’t very good. I would ask the board as a whole for options and go there.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: First Pro fit results in... what bike do I get? 1.74m tall and a size 60 Felt??? [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would go to Trishop or another place I was recommended last month when I did Oceanside 70.3, but unfortunately I cannot afford another trip to the US right now.

And yeah "certified" fitters... I went to one and I'm all confused. They told me they will send me the second best fit today, I'll let you know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MarioTB wrote:
I would go to Trishop or another place I was recommended last month when I did Oceanside 70.3, but unfortunately I cannot afford another trip to the US right now.

And yeah "certified" fitters... I went to one and I'm all confused. They told me they will send me the second best fit today, I'll let you know.

i hope you don't mind. i made your case a subject for a front page article.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: First Pro fit results in... what bike do I get? 1.74m tall and a size 60 Felt??? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not at all! I'm actually honored :) Thanks so much for taking the time to review this.

The 52mm drop could be the result of me complaining I get neck pain when trying to look to the horizon. So the fitter worked out something out for that. I will train for IMCozumel starting next week, so that is a concern I have. Probably will need to get used to the position in time.

About the obtuse angle or superman position, I have read about it and try to not ride that way, so I just told the fitter where I felt comfortable in. I don't have the video or the picture to check for the angle, but in my current bike it is less than 90 degrees if I put the forearms on the pads. I actually ride more with my elbows on the pads. That was my first suspect my bike was not long enough for me, even with my change of stem from 80mm to 130mm.

I'm still waiting for the email from the fitter with my "second best" fit, see if those numbers make more sense with what you described in the article and what the guys in the forum suggested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MarioTB wrote:
Not at all! I'm actually honored :) Thanks so much for taking the time to review this.

The 52mm drop could be the result of me complaining I get neck pain when trying to look to the horizon. So the fitter worked out something out for that. I will train for IMCozumel starting next week, so that is a concern I have. Probably will need to get used to the position in time.

About the obtuse angle or superman position, I have read about it and try to not ride that way, so I just told the fitter where I felt comfortable in. I don't have the video or the picture to check for the angle, but in my current bike it is less than 90 degrees if I put the forearms on the pads. I actually ride more with my elbows on the pads. That was my first suspect my bike was not long enough for me, even with my change of stem from 80mm to 130mm.

I'm still waiting for the email from the fitter with my "second best" fit, see if those numbers make more sense with what you described in the article and what the guys in the forum suggested.

okay, but if you ride with your elbows on the pads that makes it even WORSE if by that i mean you're too stretched out. what we really need is a video.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the "second best" fit results are in!

Sorry, worse picture. I'm not even there. LOL

It put me further away from the band of "orthodoxy", but the bikes recommended are closer to my size: QR PR5 and 6 (also in 52), Cervelo P3 and P2 54's, Speed Concept, Shiv and Trinity in M. No trace of Felts.

Also, those are not far from your the Cervelos in your report. Yours also contain Felts and a couple Plasmas.

So I guess that second best fit put me higher in the bars, compensated by a shorter reach, so a more upright position, right?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb9opndlqs7yqti/mario_tello_fit.pdf?dl=0

Saddle height over BB 737mm
Saddle setback 33mm
Drop from saddle to bars 36mm
Reach from saddle to bars 783mm

Extension lenght 290mm
Pad reach 439mm - Way shorter
Pad Stack 687mm - Way higher
Pad height 60mm
Pad offset 20mm
Pad center to center 220mm
Crank lenght 170mm
Quote Reply
Post deleted by MarioTB [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Others have covered the saddle angle and frame. Front page? W00t! Let me just add that 52mm drop is wack. You are basically a parachute.

IME, and this could not work for you because we are all different, solution to neck pain, or really in general being unable to go low without pain are:

1) ride in aerobars more

2) work on your flexibility. Arms out. Chest out. Wall angel stretch. You probably want to have a PT look at it and recommend what to do, rather than follow what some guy on the internet had said... ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm not able to see this video.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
video unavailable
Quote Reply
Re: First Pro fit results in... what bike do I get? 1.74m tall and a size 60 Felt??? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me try another... that link seems broken

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MarioTB wrote:
Let me try another... that link seems broken

that position looks high, but not awful. what i doubt is that your pad x is 500mm.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've located a 56 Felt IA10. I'll go by the 465-475 pad you've suggested and work from there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about a Trek speed concept size M? The store has a good discount on one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that sounds like a good bike for you. just there are several stems. once you get one, they probably won't just give you another. so, make SURE you get your fit just the way you want it. i'm doing an article on how to shoot your pad x/y with a crosshair laser. you need that sort of precision. i have my doubts as to whether you're really 500mm of pad x. i think you need to find that out first.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek over the Felt then?

I will fit myself in the store, they use the shimano system but I don't trust the fitter... showed him your article an did not seem to understand it... that and a previous fit that made me go to the 52 felt I have now from a 54. That was like 5 years ago, but still.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MarioTB wrote:
Trek over the Felt then?

I will fit myself in the store, they use the shimano system but I don't trust the fitter... showed him your article an did not seem to understand it... that and a previous fit that made me go to the 52 felt I have now from a 54. That was like 5 years ago, but still.

i would not say trek over felt. i just would say they're both great bikes. i do find the SC a bit of a tricky bike to adjust and work on, but that wouldn't keep me from owning it. (i've owned both the v1 and v2 versions of the SC).

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can still find Gen1 SC stems if you look around (or have your local Trek rep call up Wisconsin). I don't think changing stems should be the problem.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: First Pro fit results in... what bike do I get? 1.74m tall and a size 60 Felt??? [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
You can still find Gen1 SC stems if you look around (or have your local Trek rep call up Wisconsin). I don't think changing stems should be the problem.

changing stems wouldn't be a problem. what i'm saying tho is that trek isn't going to give him 6 stems when they sell him the bike, so he ought to take care to make sure he has the right one when he buys it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfect! thanks again!
Quote Reply

Prev Next