Re: Ironman Norway [Plissken74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
found the gpx file of the bike course

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27174254

2000 meters total elevation!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of climbing but broken into many, many small gradients by the look of that. Max altitude is just over 120m! It's hard to find a course that low that accumulates that amount of climbing.
I'd much rather have a few big climbs personally.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Norway [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Lots of climbing but broken into many, many small gradients by the look of that. Max altitude is just over 120m! It's hard to find a course that low that accumulates that amount of climbing.

it can be anything, difficult to imagine but on FB they mentioned you can use momentum on those short climbs. so i imagine something like Louisville or Raleigh where you get lot of rolling hills but you go up fast with the previous downhill...
if like that, then you can achieve better split time than compared to an IM France where you have similar 2k elevation but downhills you don't compensate (and climbs are tough).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plissken74 wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:

it can be anything, difficult to imagine but on FB they mentioned you can use momentum on those short climbs. so i imagine something like Louisville or Raleigh where you get lot of rolling hills but you go up fast with the previous downhill...
if like that, then you can achieve better split time than compared to an IM France where you have similar 2k elevation but downhills you don't compensate (and climbs are tough).
Yeah but it's not all about time. I like a climb I can get my teeth into!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that. I live in Florida but have been doing lots of climbing on Cyclops Rouvy to get ready. I hope when it gets a little warmer that someone will ride it with video and upload the file to Rouvy so I can see it as I ride the profile.
Quote Reply

Prev Next