Quote | Reply
The language train speeds up, nice ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Coggans [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:
Yeah, they do .. but not the time .. ;-)

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/...91aab8ddecbee285.pdf

this study did fool the watch too
see page 35 ( and iam not saying this is a good test )
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Coggans [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m going to twist your question because I think it gets to a similar place.

I think I want to know about the power I exert on a footpod. Why an I confused?

If you know the mass of a footpod with an accelerometer in it you can calculate the power exerted on the pod. While cycling this power represents power require to move my legs/feet which doesn’t go into the bike. Therefore for a give bike power meter reading the cadence which gives the lowest power at the pod is the best. Correct?

And isn’t the foot pod power also what we should be using for ‘running power’? Forget the algorithms look directly at power at the pod. I realise it will be a very small number and only part of your total output but it’s at least a direct measure of power while running.
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Coggans [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanx for the link .. it will take some time to read through .. since a 1km TT is really just like a sprint (< 90sec) I can imagine the more torque at the most effizient spot supports the max average power output .. how about fatigue and recovery for and after longer intervals .. how about to repeat the same results with different riders .. how about adaption effects .. and how to measure time at all, when one measuring point is always gone .. ;-)

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where biological senses process physical, mechanical and chemical facts to adjust our movements (if resources are available) .. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprioception

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Mar 27, 18 13:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, 7 pages of Slowman getting clobbered about whether his question is even relevant. Maybe by page 10 we’ll discuss the question itself.

I’ll try to contribute something. Team Sky does make mention of doing “torque specificity work” during their base phase, and as someone else pointed out, that basically amounts to riding tempo at 70 rpms a la Chris Froome's Strava rides. I wonder why they would do that if it doesn’t help anything. They seem pretty focused on performance. Maybe this paragraph should be in pink.

Anecdotally, I have tried this and I find it is much easier to do FTP or VO2max intervals after doing a few weeks of “torque specificity” work first. It is also much easier for me personally — I run a much lower heart rate for a given power level if my cadence is low.

Incidentally, you can plot torque easily in Golden Cheetah and even make a “mean maximal torque graph” as suggested at one point on this thread. I find that is useful for determining roughly how long I can hold a particular torque before fatiguing, or which torque I can hold for a very long time. That’s also anecdotal.

There’s 2 cents for you, Dan.

-Will
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Coggans [willhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would you be surprised to maintain edit: sustain the highest torque on cranks that can't move?

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Mar 27, 18 17:54
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Coggans [willhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
willhs wrote:
Wow, 7 pages of Slowman getting clobbered about whether his question is even relevant.

That's because his question was answered quite some time ago.

(BTW, WKO+ 3.0 had the ability to calculate and plot mean maximal torque a decade or more ago. Nobody looked at it/really cared, though, because better tool existed/still exist. In fact, if Dan had been paying attention at all, he wouldn't have asked his question in the first place.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:
Thanx for the link .. it will take some time to read through .. since a 1km TT is really just like a sprint (< 90sec) I can imagine the more torque at the most effizient spot supports the max average power output .. how about fatigue and recovery for and after longer intervals .. how about to repeat the same results with different riders .. how about adaption effects .. and how to measure time at all, when one measuring point is always gone .. ;-)

http://www.tradewindsports.net/...-sub-max-and-max.pdf

this is I think the most comprehensive paper i have read on it .
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Coggans [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the end it's very interesting to experience the differences made by oval chainrings and to take the insights ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply

Prev Next