Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA
I lead back packing trips many years ago. Campers chose their own nicknames.
The names were alway unfortunately appropriate. The clueless girl “mist.”
The ridiculous tightass “forge.”
(No jokes).

The funny thing is that the camper that chose the name was always oblivious to the other meanings.

The other day you said someone else was a sheep not a sheep dog.

Implying you are a sheep dog.

But like a stupid dog, you missed the other implications.

I am not smart.

But you definitely aren’t either.

Oh well good dog. Will go to dog heaven.
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: Mar 6, 18 20:17
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
It is a sad, sad day when cerveloguy is considered a "right winger" ...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

You beat me to it. LOL!
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Do they SAY they are right wing or are you assuming?

I think that you haven't been hanging around the LR enough ;). His comment was directed at posts by LR denizens, and they overwhelmingly skew to the right on this particular subject (the odd post by cerveloguy notwithstanding).

Here in the LR there just aren't that many hard-core leftists of the Berzerkley bat-shit variety. The more important truth is, in the Bay Area there aren't that many either (probably less than 10%). Most of those evil libs are moderates who pretty indistinguishable from Rockefeller Republicans or the moderate GOP'ers that are also here..
Last edited by: oldandslow: Mar 6, 18 19:25
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

I think that you haven't been hanging around the LR enough ;). His comment was directed at posts by LR denizens, and they overwhelmingly skew to the right on this particular subject (the odd post by cerveloguy notwithstanding).

Here in the LR there just aren't that many hard-core leftists of the Berzerkley bat-shit variety. The more important truth is, in the Bay Area there aren't that many either (probably less than 10%). Most of those evil libs are moderates who pretty indistinguishable from Rockefeller Republicans or the moderate GOP'ers that are also here..

Well, that brings on two obvious questions...

1.) Where did all those Bernie voters come from then?
2.) What term relevant to this conversation starts with an "N" and ends with a "V"?
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another theory might be that we see our own shortcomings in our enemies.

Silicon Valley for me represents the vanguard of everything “virtual” (or fake).
The endless suburban sprawl, the high costs, the identical people (all claiming originality, the freeway leading to the corner store, the full time pursuit of Internet triviality.

But it also represents wealth, comfort, complacency.

I hate myself for succumbing to all this crap.
But I suppose it is my own fault.
So I cannot really hate Silicon Valley, Wall Street, Hollywood.

But if I were poor. I would definitely hate it all.
And more if I realize I couldn’t even afford it.
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: Mar 6, 18 20:31
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know anyone outside of SF that cares about their real estate prices.
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

1.) Where did all those Bernie voters come from then?

What are you talking about? Hilary easily won San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties and won the Bay Area with higher percentages than she had nationwide or statewide during the Dem primary battle. Bernie under-performed in the Bay Area. You do realize that, right?
Last edited by: oldandslow: Mar 6, 18 21:08
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. you are correct... I am not around much in the LR. Anyhow, seriously though, I've only been on here a few times, but am more frequent on the Tri Forum. Just thought I'd poke around in the LR to see what the chatter is about. I was statistically curious about the remarks vs real estate connection. I'm thinking the type / font color in LR should be standard pink format?
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you high?

Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
Are you high?

Ya think??? For his/her sake, I hope so.

But before he/she sobers up - maybe he can tell me what kind of animal I am.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
California's got an immense number of factors going for it, including breathtaking natural beauty and an economy rivaling or exceeding that of many nations. But to me it seems like it's intent on riding hellbent for leather right over the cliff. And I don't want it to take the rest of us with it. ;-)

-- California taxes and cost of living are higher than most other states.

-- California’s energy costs are as much as 50 percent higher than the national average.

-- Nearly 20 percent of California’s 38 million residents live below the poverty line.

-- California has more than 33 percent of the nation’s welfare recipients.

-- California is home to 12 percent of the nation’s population, but 22 percent of the nation’s homeless population.

-- Roughly 1.5 million households pay more than 50 percent of their income toward rent.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Today in California, AB 169 was introduced which addresses the homeless problem by CA taxpayers funding a program to acquire dirt cheap old houses/multi-unit properties in Detroit and busing the homeless there along with food stamps. Far cheaper than the cost of leaving them here in CA.

It’ll be signed into law next week.

If I was homeless I think I'd rather be homeless in California than living in a shitty run down house in Detroit.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JD21 wrote:
Today in California, AB 169 was introduced which addresses the homeless problem by CA taxpayers funding a program to acquire dirt cheap old houses/multi-unit properties in Detroit and busing the homeless there along with food stamps. Far cheaper than the cost of leaving them here in CA.

If I was homeless I think I'd rather be homeless in California than living in a shitty run down house in Detroit.

All the way. Thus, the attraction on the part of the homeless to the Golden State. ;-)

According to a recent article in the Lost Angeles Times, more than a quarter of the nation's homeless population -- roughly 114,000 -- lives in California. And I think there's something like 58,000 of the homeless just in Los Angeles alone.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JD21 wrote:

Well no shit - it is cold in Detroit. Me? I'm heading to San Diego.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
last tri in 83 wrote:
Are you high?

Ya think??? For his/her sake, I hope so.

But before he/she sobers up - maybe he can tell me what kind of animal I am.

I generally agree with him.

Since you asked:

You can't decide, but you are gonna be an insect.

Let's hope for a butterfly.

No way. I would definitely be something big and fierce - like a lion or a tiger. Maybe even a Liger.
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why does it bother you (OP) so much as to what you perceive bother these righties?
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:
JD21 wrote:

Well no shit - it is cold in Detroit. Me? I'm heading to San Diego.

There are a lot of homeless in Seattle and its definitely not warm. As its constantly wet for 6 months it seems the worst place you'd want to be homeless, nevertheless, are homeless population is swelling.
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
California taxes and cost of living are higher than most other states. //

You know I see this touted all the time and I'm going to take some acceptation with it. For the average person(you and I, yes?) their biggest tax is their property tax. In CA because of prop 13, we have had a very low property tax as compared to most of the country. My relatives in Texas pay just about twice as much as I do here. My brother in Vermont also pays a lot more than me, with a house just a little over half the value of mine. For regular people that dont make a lot of money and own a house, I would guess property tax is the number one tax expense by far.

Now you can get into the weeds on what millionaires have to pay in state taxes, but for just regular folks who are not 1%ers, we probably pay less than most states. I know for me property taxes are my biggest by far taxes paid in CA, and my overall tax burden would not go down by moving just about anywhere except Hawaii maybe. What do you pay there where you live?? Mine is 1% and is relatively fixed(base home value) until you sell and the new purchase price becomes your new base.
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [Sunday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made my feelings quite clear in the op. Read.

Real answer is I was trolling Kahuna who I’ve grown fond of. Besides without this query we would not have got this exchange between Buda, spot, and JSA. So, um, your welcome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
I made my feelings quite clear in the op. Read.

Real answer is I was trolling Kahuna who I’ve grown fond of. Besides without this query we would not have got this exchange between Buda, spot, and JSA. So, um, your welcome.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(Hangs head in shame)
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
State income tax
Car registration
Electrical power rates
Gasoline
Insurance rates

Quote | Reply
State income tax
Car registration
Electrical power rates
Gasoline
Insurance rates //

I pay no state income tax here(well pay it but get it back at tax time), dont make enough money, how much do you pay?

Every state pays car registrations, so we pay a few bucks more than some others, difference is dinner out for the family, one night

I stay in tier one for electrical rates and also get a business rate on my other house, so 6 to 11 cents per K, what does everyone else pay?

Gas tax is probably the next biggest as compared to other states, but no where near what property taxes are.

Insurance is not a tax, but I just got a new mini van and pay about $750 a year, what do others pay in other states for similar cars? Bet not much of a difference..
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]

Prev Next