Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much?
Quote | Reply
I have seen these smug "holier than though" posts on facebook and other social media sites about SF real estate prices. The comments always come from right wing folks who have to condescendingly note their dismay.

Why do you care?

Just wondering. We all have our hangups. I just don't get this one.
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a sad, sad day when cerveloguy is considered a "right winger" ...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And why does everyone in the whole world make blanket statements as if they apply to the entirety of a given group?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only people NOT complaining about real estate prices in the Silicon Valley/SFO are property owners. And billionaires.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SF is an example of the predominantly liberal rich restraining the market, driving up real estate prices, and damaging human well being.

It's got a veritable smorgasbord of prime political variables for the right to sink its teeth into.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
I have seen these smug "holier than though" posts on facebook and other social media sites about SF real estate prices. The comments always come from right wing folks who have to condescendingly note their dismay.

Why do you care?

Why are you friends with so many right-wingers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:

Why do you care?

There's an old saying: "As California goes, so goes the rest of the nation."

Those of us in the saner parts of the country would like very much for the California contagion to remain in the Golden State, if you please. ;-)

Also, it's convenient to just place people in boxes, such as "Right wingers" and Left wingers." But housing prices are scary in some parts of the country, especially in much of California, and a lot of people of all ideological stripes are concerned about this issue. And where are the folks in California who can't afford to pay half or more of their monthly income for rent going to go?

Supposedly, homelessness has surged 75% in six years in Los Angeles. Figure there's a pretty hefty homeless population in SFO. Likewise in San Diego, which experienced a large hepatitis A outbreak several months ago in areas where large numbers of the homeless congregate. That's a problem.

Obviously, not all homeless folks are homeless because of high housing costs, but there's no doubt some of them are. And even just "some" is really too many. California needs to address the issue of sky high housing before it infects the rest of the country like some sort of out-of-control zombie contagion amirite? ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It starts with an "N" and ends with a "V".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:

Why do you care?

Your problem is assuming that only people of one political stripe are concerned with pricing that doesn't truly match the market. Economics and politics aren't necessarily aligned.
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today in California, AB 169 was introduced which addresses the homeless problem by CA taxpayers funding a program to acquire dirt cheap old houses/multi-unit properties in Detroit and busing the homeless there along with food stamps. Far cheaper than the cost of leaving them here in CA.

It’ll be signed into law next week.
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are probably a lot of reasons. I am going to focus on one of the more negative ones.

For many conservatives
Wealth = success= human worth

But also
Liberals = total crap

So to do the math:
Rich liberal > middle class conservative > poor conservative

Or:
Rich total crap > middle class and poor conservatives

But: “ How can this be? Something ungodly must be going on.”
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
Liberals = total crap

Holy shit! You FINALLY posted an intelligent comment in the LR!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do they SAY they are right wing or are you assuming? Have you done party affiliation research and statistics yourself, on who is with what party and then match them up with comments? Or is this some actual research you came across? I'm just interested in the blanket "right wing" comments. I'm not defending them, I'm actually interested in what research you did to say such a thing. If this was about a left wing group comment, same goes...so I'm not taking sides here.
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
Liberals = total crap

Wrong.
When I noticed that you are a in fact a good sheep dog (just like you claimed) that was inteligent.

Good boy!!
Keep at it.
Maybe master will give you a treat.
Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
JSA wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:

Liberals = total crap

Wrong.
When I noticed that you are a in fact a good sheep dog (just like you claimed) that was inteligent.

Good boy!!
Keep at it.

LOL! You and Trump, buddy! You and Trump! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
JSA wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
Liberals = total crap

Wrong.

Good boy!!
Keep at it.

Quoting this for pure irony’s sake.

Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
JSA wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:

Liberals = total crap

Wrong.

Good boy!! conservatives
Keep at it.

Hmmmm.
Spot not sheep dog.
Spot tied to chain outside double wide.
Irony indeed!
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: Mar 6, 18 18:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
spot wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
JSA wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:

Liberals = total crap

Wrong.

Good boy!! conservatives
Keep at it.

Hmmmm.
Spot not sheep dog.
Spot tied to chain outside double wide.
Irony indeed

Clever. I just find it humorous when someone insults someone else’s *intelligence* and then misspells a word. I’m assuming your retort will be that you did it on purpose.

Quote | Reply
No I am on the trainer.
Listening to music.
And stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
No I am on the trainer.
Listening to music.
And stupid.

Fair enough! Enjoy your trainer ride!

Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
No I am on the trainer.
Listening to music.
And stupid.

Two accurate posts in the same thread? Wow! You are having a hell of a day, kiddo!

Quote Reply
Re: why do SF real estate prices bother right wingers so much? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
No I am on the trainer.
Listening to music.
And stupid.

Two accurate posts in the same thread? Wow! You are having a hell of a day, kiddo!

Fuck.
I don’t care about your masters stupid sheep.

I wish you were my dog.
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: Mar 6, 18 18:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
JSA wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
No I am on the trainer.
Listening to music.
And stupid.

Fuck.

I wish you were my dog.

LOL! What the hell does that even mean? Well, at least you are honest about your intelligence (or lack thereof).

Enjoy your ride, kiddo. Hope your mom doesn't come down to the basement and see the language you are using on the internet.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
JSA wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
No I am on the trainer.
Listening to music.
And stupid.

Fuck.

I wish you were my dog.

LOL! What the hell does that even mean? Well, at least you are honest about your intelligence (or lack thereof).

Enjoy your ride, kiddo. Hope your mom doesn't come down to the basement and see the language you are using on the internet.

Well.
You are a very good dog.

So here is how it works-
Rich conservatives (and some liberals) pay you to protect their sheep, or the grass or whatever.
(Ie. labor law)
This is a pretty stupid job.
But all jobs are stupid.

What IS really stupid though is that you cannot leave your work at home..
Like a good dog.
You come barking around here.
Can’t tell the difference between wolves and other farmers.
Loyal but dumb.

I wish I had a dog like you.

But cannot afford one. Too stupid or lazy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
JSA wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
JSA wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
No I am on the trainer.
Listening to music.
And stupid.

Fuck.

I wish you were my dog.

Well.
You are a very good dog.

So here is how it works-
Rich conservatives (and some liberals) pay you to protect their sheep, or the grass or whatever.
(Ie. labor law)
This is a pretty stupid job.
But all jobs are stupid.

What IS really stupid though is that you cannot leave your work at home..
Like a good dog.
You come barking around here.
Can’t tell the difference between wolves and other farmers.
Loyal but dumb.

I wish I had a dog like you.

But cannot afford one. Too stupid or lazy.

Quote Reply

Prev Next