Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
swimwithstones wrote:

I'm with BK. Any time someone commits a crime, we should round up people with similar characteristics and kick them out of the country. We wouldn't have very many people left, but we'd reduce the likelihood of crime dramatically.

Yup. When a crime is committed if we rounded up similar criminals then we'd reduce crime dramatically.

Lots of pro-illegal-alien/pro-amnesty types completely missed the point of the OP and the first response but that's par for the course. 'But for' the illegal immigrant's illegal presence here in the US, Jackson would still be alive. At any rate, DACA recipients, Dreamers (that's a warm and fuzzy name) and all other illegal immigrants are here... illegally. What are we going to do to regulate their presence here in the US and prevent their entry in the future?

As well, it looks like the next gambit in the game between the White House and the pro-amnesty/pro-illegal crowd is that Donny Two Scoops probably isn't going to extend DACA beyond the March drop-dead date, but also won't make Dreamers a priority for immediate deportation.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
It is ashame when anyone is killed by drunk driving. And when the person is not here legally, there actually are things we can do to prevent it from happening again.

We may hear more about this case, but for the most part it sounds like immigration law was enforced in this case. The illegal immigrant was deported repeatedly, and was being sought for deportation again. He wasn't granted some kind of amnesty, he wasn't given a driver's license. There's obviously an issue with how he kept getting into the country, but honestly that's not so difficult if you really want to, and a border wall isn't going to prevent that.

I disagree that the immigration law was enforced in this case. He was arrested in Boone County in early 2017 and should have been deported, but, ICE was not notified. Why? Because they were not legally required to notify ICE. Combine that with sanctuary cities/counties/states and the immigration law seems to be highly ignored in many of these cases.

The Boone County Sheriff's Office said in a news release Tuesday evening that local authorities did not notify ICE of the arrest because they were not legally required to under the circumstances nor did Orrego-Savala's fingerprints trigger an alert when submitted to the Indiana State Police and the FBI.

https://www.indystar.com/...last-year/312173002/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Drivers licences don't identify nationality. Unless a national ID card. You understand that, right?

You understand it isn't a driver's license, it is an ID card, right? That's why I used the phrase "free non-driver IDs."

Wow.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may want to go back to the point I was making about having a national ID card that identifies your nationality (which a DL doesn't do) instead of being a usual fuckwit. Did you learn that in law school?

"Wow".
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
slowguy wrote:
klehner wrote:
velocomp wrote:

Francios, actually made a valid point by suggesting an ID card, but as someone else noted here in the great US, that is frowned upon because free cards are too hard for people to get... Stupid argument really, but it is the reality today.

That's not really why we don't have ID cards. Think about history and the term "your papers, please."

That's also a pretty dumb reason not to have ID cards in 2018. Just because one group of people who also used identification papers did something bad, doesn't mean the ID cards or papers are bad.

Who can ask you for your papers, and under what circumstances? Who tracks your ID as you move about the country? Do you have to show your papers when you cross state borders? Can authorities set up roadblocks to check your papers?

The fact that these questions can be asked makes it a damned good reason not to have ID cards.

Oh gee, I dunno, maybe when you:

1. Buy alcohol.
2. Buy tobacco.
3. Open a bank account.
4. Apply for food stamps/welfare/social security.
5. Apply for a job.
6. Buy a house or rent an apartment.
7. Drive/buy/rent a car.
8. Get on an airplane.
9. Get married.
10. Rent a hotel room.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
If we had a serious anti illegal alien policy in this country Jackson would be alive today.

Imagine how many Americans would be alive if you just deported all the Americans who committed a serious crime.

Or ... and I am just spit balling here ... we could expel those who are not legally here in the first place.

But, that's just kooky talk, isn't it?

Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
You may want to go back to the point I was making about having a national ID card that identifies your nationality (which a DL doesn't do) instead of being a usual fuckwit. Did you learn that in law school?

"Wow".

Ok, I'll try this in a slower manner. It. Is. Not. A. Drivers'. License. It. Is. An. ID. Card. Wow.

As to your point about a DL, you can only get a DL if you are legally in the US. An illegal cannot get a DL. Why do we care about nationality? All we care about is being in the US legally and a DL holder must be legal to get a DL. So, if he/she has a DL, he/she is here legally.

I'll quit being a fuckwit when you quit being a dipshit. Don't hold your breath ...

Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn't identify citizenship. It. Doesn't. Say. If. You're. An. American. Fuckwit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are just examples, where are the stats?

I can post tons of examples of lawyers committing violent crimes but it tells us nothing about what percentage of lawyers are violent criminals.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
It doesn't identify citizenship. It. Doesn't. Say. If. You're. An. American. Fuckwit.

There you go, being a dipshit again.

Who. Cares. About. Citizenship. If. You. Are. Here. Legally???

The thread is about illegal aliens, not all foreigners. No one here has suggested we should deport all foreigners. The only suggestion has been to deport illegal aliens. If you are a foreigner, legally in the US, you can get a DL (in most states).

We. Don't. Want. Those. People. Deported.

If you are an illegal alien, you cannot get a DL.

We. Want. Those. People. Deported.

So, the DL accomplishes what is necessary - being here legally.

You really are one of the most ignorant posters in the LR and you are on a roll tonight!

Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Those are just examples, where are the stats?

You're right, those aren't stats. We should discard that entire site and all the data contained in that link.

Wow.

The LR has really caught a case of stupid tonight.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol. Can I hire you as my attorney? You look awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

LOL! You couldn't afford me!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

You seem upset today. Don't forget your BP medication. Or breathe and relax. 7 more months to wait before football season starts again.

Signed "one of the most ignorant posters of the LR" (A compliment if it's from JSA)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

You seem upset today. Don't forget your BP medication. Or breathe and relax. 7 more months to wait before football season starts again.

Signed "one of the most ignorant posters of the LR" (A compliment if it's from JSA)

Upset? Nope. Not even a little bit. Good day today.

Your admission of your ignorance is the first step towards recovery. But, I fear you lack the intelligence to do anything about it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

You have a bad day today or something? You're really not trying very hard to play nice.

The issue that was being discussed is a national ID card to help identify citizens. Not sure why you're being such an ass with Francois.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cute.
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The responses are awful, mean spirited and miss the point entirely. //

I agree, it really is a story about drunk driving. Who does the driving is irrelevant except for statistical purposes. I would imagine that most the problems are with the under 25 crowd, and especially teenagers in regards to drunk driving. We began targeting this issue a very long time ago, and it has been working on a macro scale, but of course the micro one still exists and is a nightmare for those affected.. People that like to cherry pick a single episode and pretend that it is part of some larger problem, lets just say they are sharpening their axe for who knows what..
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

You have a bad day today or something? You're really not trying very hard to play nice.

The issue that was being discussed is a national ID card to help identify citizens. Not sure why you're being such an ass with Francois.

I had a great day. Thank you for asking.

The issue isn't citizenship, it is about being in the US legally. We have over 650,000 people here on H-1B visa. Then we have:

I found these three estimates: naturalized citizens, 15.5 million (Census Bureau), LPRs, 12.5 million (DHS), and illegal aliens, 10.8 million (DHS again). All the estimates are for 2009.

https://cis.org/...ze-H1B-Population-US

So, we have over 13M non-citizens legally here just using LPRs and H-1B visas. That is not including the student visas and other legal non-citzens in the US. Add those and was have as many as 22M non-citizens in the US (source: https://www.google.com/...p;client=firefox-b-1).

The issue isn't citizenship, it is being legally in the US. A legal non-citizen can get a DL in most states. An illegal cannot. In addition, we are moving to the REAL-ID soon, which will be required in every state. So, what do we need a national ID to do that the current system cannot?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So, what do we need a national ID to do that the current system cannot?

That's a good and reasonable question. As I mentioned earlier, there are plenty of legitimate reasons to argue against a national ID card.

Still not sure why you decided you needed to be such a dick to Francois.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Francois wrote:

LOL! You couldn't afford me!!!

I can confirm this.....
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
The responses are awful, mean spirited and miss the point entirely. //

I agree, it really is a story about drunk driving. Who does the driving is irrelevant except for statistical purposes. I would imagine that most the problems are with the under 25 crowd, and especially teenagers in regards to drunk driving. We began targeting this issue a very long time ago, and it has been working on a macro scale, but of course the micro one still exists and is a nightmare for those affected.. People that like to cherry pick a single episode and pretend that it is part of some larger problem, lets just say they are sharpening their axe for who knows what..

This is a little dated, but, the age is not skewed as much as one may think at first blush:

Drivers between the ages of 21 and 24 cause 34% of all alcohol-impaired deaths. This age group is closely followed by the 25 to 34 year olds, who cause 30% of alcohol-impaired deaths, and then the 35 to 44 year olds, who cause 25% of these fatal accidents.

https://www.scramsystems.com/...th-every-51-minutes/

DD in my state (Wisconsin) is embarrassing. The number of repeat offenders is ridiculous and inexcusable.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
So, what do we need a national ID to do that the current system cannot?

That's a good and reasonable question. As I mentioned earlier, there are plenty of legitimate reasons to argue against a national ID card.

Still not sure why you decided you needed to be such a dick to Francois.

I like to keep my pimp hand strong.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drivers between the ages of 21 and 24 cause 34% of all alcohol-impaired deaths. This age group is closely followed by the 25 to 34 year olds, who cause 30% of alcohol-impaired deaths, and then the 35 to 44 year olds, who cause 25% of these fatal accidents.

Something seems fishy with these numbers, what about the 15 to 20 year olds?? Have to imagine they have a decent % in this stat too, maybe one of the biggest?? I mean there is only 11% left for everyone over 45 and under 21, really??
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Something seems fishy with these numbers, what about the 15 to 20 year olds?? Have to imagine they have a decent % in this stat too, maybe one of the biggest?? I mean there is only 11% left for everyone over 45 and under 21, really??

Ah, you are talking about arrests rather than accidents? If you are talking about arrests, yes, that group has more incidents. 2016 arrest numbers.

https://www.statisticbrain.com/...i-arrests-per-state/

16 – 17 years old1.8 %
18 – 24 25.3%
25 – 29 15%
30 – 34 12.2%
35-39 10.6%
40 – 44 9.8%
45 – 49 8.9%
50 – 54 7.3%
55 – 59 4.6%
60 – 64 2.7%
65 and older1.8 %

Last edited by: JSA: Feb 6, 18 17:56
Quote Reply

Prev Next