Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation
Quote | Reply
Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson was killed Sunday in a car accident caused by a man who was driving while intoxicated. The driver of the car Jackson was riding in was also killed, unfortunately.

Illegal immigrant Alex Cabrera Gonsales (real name Manuel Orrego-Savala), 37, had no driver's license, tried to flee the scene of the accident on foot, and had a blood-alcohol level of .15, nearly twice the legal limit. He was also wanted for deportation, with an ICE detainer request outstanding on him. Originally from Guatemala, he'd been deported twice before, in 2007 and 2009. Talk about three strikes and you're out...

To quote some guy I heard recently, Americans are dreamers, too. Though there's now one fewer of them, I guess.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool story bro. I actually have had someone I cared about killed by a drunk driver. Who was an American citizen.

So tell me, what percentage of drunk drivers are citizens vs. illegals?

The rather obvious point is that the drunk driver shouldn't have been in the country to begin with. If we had a serious anti illegal alien policy in this country Jackson would be alive today.
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jhc wrote:
Cool story bro. I actually have had someone I cared about killed by a drunk driver. Who was an American citizen.

We don't know, because DOJ refuses to keep statistics segregating illegal-versus-legal-immigrant-versus-US citizen crime out in such a manner. But we do know, from recent study, that illegals of a certain age and population cohort are committing crimes at twice the rate of US citizens of the same age and demographic.

It's pretty clear that there are numerous cases of illegals who commit crimes. You can pull up many stories of such on a daily basis. As another poster here has already noted, they shouldn't be here in the first place. Remove this particular illegal immigrant from the picture, and Jackson is still walking around today.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post legit stats Kahuna. I'm not taking your word for it.

PrinceMax wrote:
The rather obvious point is that the drunk driver shouldn't have been in the country to begin with. If we had a serious anti illegal alien policy in this country Jackson would be alive today.

A lot of crimes are committed by Southern, white, rednecks. So by that logic, if we deported all of them, there would be a serious decrease in crime.

Seem logical to me.

big kahuna wrote:
jhc wrote:

We don't know, because DOJ refuses to keep statistics segregating illegal-versus-legal-immigrant-versus-US citizen crime out in such a manner. But we do know, from recent study, that illegals of a certain age and population cohort are committing crimes at twice the rate of US citizens of the same age and demographic.

It's pretty clear that there are numerous cases of illegals who commit crimes. You can pull up many stories of such on a daily basis. As another poster here has already noted, they shouldn't be here in the first place. Remove this particular illegal immigrant from the picture, and Jackson is still walking around today.

We don't know because DOJ refuses etc. but it's twice as much. Gotcha. You're full of shit.
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was deported twice already, throw out and he's back again, how would this prevented his death? Only option for repeat offenders is prison (which of course costs us 10's thousands yearly).

Would wall saved him, no idea, have to figure out how he got in.
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BK got the data from the Crime Prevention Research Center. Funded by John Lott, columnist at Fox News. And actually was 'data' (between quotes because, it's dubious at the most as everything else he's done...check the part referring to him in Freakonomics) was convictions of illegal vs. legal for 15-35yo in Arizona ... the state of the great sheriff Arpaio...That's all you need to know.

BK is the prototype of data cherry picker to substantiate his BS. Not worth engaging because he's just fundamentally intellectually dishonest.
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [keepriding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not a free (or minimal fee) national ID card? All of Europe uses something like that. It would address many issues related to immigration, voting rights, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Why not a free (or minimal fee) national ID card? All of Europe uses something like that. It would address many issues related to immigration, voting rights, etc.

Because requiring people to get an ID is racist. Even if they're free.

No shit, that's real here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
We don't know because DOJ refuses etc. but it's twice as much. Gotcha. You're full of shit.

Glad someone else picked up on that!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm willing to bet you'd be too afraid to make that point using urban blacks instead of Southern rednecks. The point is that those rednecks have a legal right to be in the U.S. The killers of Jackson, Kate Steinle etc. did not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never one to miss an opportunity to politicize a tragedy:

"So disgraceful that a person illegally in our country killed @Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson. This is just one of many such preventable tragedies. We must get the Dems to get tough on the Border, and with illegal immigration, FAST!"
- Donald J Trump

And of course he sent the above Tweet out a few minutes before this afterthought:

"My prayers and best wishes are with the family of Edwin Jackson, a wonderful young man whose life was so senselessly taken. @Colts"

- Donald J Trump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson was killed Sunday in a car accident caused by a man who was driving while intoxicated. The driver of the car Jackson was riding in was also killed, unfortunately.

Illegal immigrant Alex Cabrera Gonsales (real name Manuel Orrego-Savala), 37, had no driver's license, tried to flee the scene of the accident on foot, and had a blood-alcohol level of .15, nearly twice the legal limit. He was also wanted for deportation, with an ICE detainer request outstanding on him. Originally from Guatemala, he'd been deported twice before, in 2007 and 2009. Talk about three strikes and you're out...

To quote some guy I heard recently, Americans are dreamers, too. Though there's now one fewer of them, I guess.

I'm with BK. Any time someone commits a crime, we should round up people with similar characteristics and kick them out of the country. We wouldn't have very many people left, but we'd reduce the likelihood of crime dramatically.

/pink
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope that you're equally upset about Obama and other Democrats talking about gun control in the aftermath of a mass shooting. They would both be, using your terms, politicizing a tragedy.
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [swimwithstones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This honestly is one of the worst threads I have ever seen on ST. The responses are awful, mean spirited and miss the point entirely. It is ashame when anyone is killed by drunk driving. And when the person is not here legally, there actually are things we can do to prevent it from happening again. Anyone not willing to look at doing those things (within the law) is a moron and idiot. Anyone arguing that american citizens should be deported are morons and idiots.

Francios, actually made a valid point by suggesting an ID card, but as someone else noted here in the great US, that is frowned upon because free cards are too hard for people to get... Stupid argument really, but it is the reality today. Kay immediately jumps to Trump is bad.... Maybe it would be a good time to come up with a new argument to make yourself feel better about yourself....

This thread is embarrassing and I'll take my ball and go home on this one. But maybe, just maybe when there is a valid problem, we should talk about real solutions rather than attacking the messenger just because we don't like the facts....
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right, many politicians politicize tragedies, though most will spare a thought for the victims before doing so. He has done that a number of times, and he even did it with the Amtrak train crash in WA, Tweeting this:

"The train accident that just occurred in DuPont, WA shows more than ever why our soon to be submitted infrastructure plan must be approved quickly. Seven trillion dollars spent in the Middle East while our roads, bridges, tunnels, railways (and more) crumble! Not for long!"

before sending out this (after getting criticism for not thinking of the victims):

"My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved in the train accident in DuPont, Washington. Thank you to all of our wonderful First Responders who are on the scene. We are currently monitoring here at the White House."
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It is ashame when anyone is killed by drunk driving. And when the person is not here legally, there actually are things we can do to prevent it from happening again.

We may hear more about this case, but for the most part it sounds like immigration law was enforced in this case. The illegal immigrant was deported repeatedly, and was being sought for deportation again. He wasn't granted some kind of amnesty, he wasn't given a driver's license. There's obviously an issue with how he kept getting into the country, but honestly that's not so difficult if you really want to, and a border wall isn't going to prevent that.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PrinceMax wrote:
I hope that you're equally upset about Obama and other Democrats talking about gun control in the aftermath of a mass shooting. They would both be, using your terms, politicizing a tragedy.

I'm not sure those two things are analogous.

The vast majority of mass killings in the US are done with guns. If the vast majority of mass killings in the US were done by illegal immigrants, it would probably be fair to ask if illegal immigration needs to be dealt with for the safety of citizens.

Is it politicizing a tragedy if a primary characteristic of a crime is almost identical to every other tragedy, and is known to play a very significant role? And the people look to the government and law enforcement to keep them safe, shouldn't a president address something that appears to be a systemic safety issue instead of pretending it doesn't exist?

Again, if most DWIs or most mass murders were carried out by immigrants, then it would be prudent to address them as a safety issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
putting the victims first should be how it's done, but it'd be nice if they at least were honest and accurate directing their disgust.

http://www.wnd.com/...tate-stabbing-spree/
http://thefederalist.com/...io-state-university/

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
Francios, actually made a valid point by suggesting an ID card, but as someone else noted here in the great US, that is frowned upon because free cards are too hard for people to get... Stupid argument really, but it is the reality today.

That's not really why we don't have ID cards. Think about history and the term "your papers, please."

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [swimwithstones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimwithstones wrote:
PrinceMax wrote:

I'm not sure those two things are analogous.

The vast majority of mass killings in the US are done with guns. If the vast majority of mass killings in the US were done by illegal immigrants, it would probably be fair to ask if illegal immigration needs to be dealt with for the safety of citizens.

Is it politicizing a tragedy if a primary characteristic of a crime is almost identical to every other tragedy, and is known to play a very significant role? And the people look to the government and law enforcement to keep them safe, shouldn't a president address something that appears to be a systemic safety issue instead of pretending it doesn't exist?

Again, if most DWIs or most mass murders were carried out by immigrants, then it would be prudent to address them as a safety issue.
The situations are analogous. Analogies don't have to keep across all possible contexts.
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
velocomp wrote:

Francios, actually made a valid point by suggesting an ID card, but as someone else noted here in the great US, that is frowned upon because free cards are too hard for people to get... Stupid argument really, but it is the reality today.

That's not really why we don't have ID cards. Think about history and the term "your papers, please."

That's also a pretty dumb reason not to have ID cards in 2018. Just because one group of people who also used identification papers did something bad, doesn't mean the ID cards or papers are bad.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed by DUI Driver Being Sought for Deportation [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
klehner wrote:
velocomp wrote:

That's also a pretty dumb reason not to have ID cards in 2018. Just because one group of people who also used identification papers did something bad, doesn't mean the ID cards or papers are bad.

This is America. If the dumb reason works, we go with it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next