Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Las Vegas shooting [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
monty wrote:
Also just kind of in passing heard during his brothers rant that he was rich? Have no idea what gun he used, apparently had 10 of them with him, but earlier there was some speculation that a real fully automatic was probably too expensive. Not for him apparently.

Brother really does seem dumfounded about the whole thing, but of course even brothers are not privy to someones inner demons...

He owned at least two properties and two airplanes (he was a pilot).

There doesnt' seem to be any easy motive for why he did this if he indeed had a lot of money ( airplanes and properties) had no criminal history himself and no known mental health issues yet discovered. If he was a pilot and passed his FAA physical each year its likely no history of mental health issues either.

Scary that someone so seemingly normal could do this type of thing. The Sandy Hook shooter was a much easier story to put together as just a severely sick individual but this guy doesn't seem to fit the mold.

Waiting to see what comes out.
Last edited by: ACE: Oct 2, 17 12:58
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think of the carnage that could have been done if he'd have crashed an airplane (full of fuel) into that crowd. As strange as it seems, the auto weapons may have been the lesser of the possible evils.
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CBJFan wrote:
One of my favorite things my wife and I do is go watch live music and that will NOT change. We were there last night.

I have one ask that I doubt some will not grant but please don't make this political for a few days, instead simply send your prayers to everyone affected. Fortunately, my wife and I are ok but many others are not so fortunate.

Lots of heroism and people helping people. Thank you to the Police and all first responders, you were professional and amazing.
hard to even imagine being There! Glad y'all made it out ok!!
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
tritimmy wrote:
We had at least 10 people from my department there. Two work directly for me. They are okay. My running partner, best friend, who is closer than a brother to me and is a detective on our department, was at the concert with his wonderful wife. They saw three people standing next to them go down. They are on their way home now. She's a wreck of course. He was SWAT for a long time and is okay, but freaked out his wife had to go through that.

The hardest part is trying to describe how I feel about this. Obviously horrible for the victims, glad my people are okay. There's a cross on a very high hill a couple of miles from here. Brutal run to get there. Gotta go pray up there. No, it's not the guns fault. There's sin in the land and with it comes messed up people. He could have done more damage with a truck. It's his fault and his alone!

Turns out we had way more than we thought at this event. Possibly over 30 (it's a short drive from SoCal). At this point we have one Deputy Sheriff in critical condition and one Correctional Deputy who was injured, treated, and released. Prayers appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry. Terrible.

I’ve got nothing to say..

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Think of the carnage that could have been done if he'd have crashed an airplane (full of fuel) into that crowd. As strange as it seems, the auto weapons may have been the lesser of the possible evils.

Or a thermonuclear device....
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
?

Did he own a thermonuclear device?

You're aware he owned two planes, right?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you're okay, that's some heavy shit to digest.

I heard one witness who called into a radio show say something to the effect of, thank god it was a country show, because there were (who he believed to be, I guess) "military and first responder types" off duty in the crowd, putting fingers in bullet holes all around him, demonstrating a level of heroism and bravery he still can't process.

Talk to friends and family as often as possible. This will stick with you for a while.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Thank you. Shitty way to start the day!

Agreeed. We have a ton of family and friends in vegas. It took 2 hours to account for them all this morning

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
so far the big news on this thread is:

1. how this will affect NFL players taking a knee
2. whether this was antifa's work (which you clearly hoped it was)

You forgot the suspicions of ISIS or some other radical muslims.

Old white guy in a conservative part of the country shoots up a bunch of other white people and people still want to figure out how the left, muslims, or blacks can be wrong.

Regardless of who or what is responsible, this is tragic.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

I heard one witness who called into a radio show say something to the effect of, thank god it was a country show, because there were (who he believed to be, I guess) "military and first responder types" off duty in the crowd, putting fingers in bullet holes all around him, demonstrating a level of heroism and bravery he still can't process.

Talk to friends and family as often as possible. This will stick with you for a while.

A CBS Vice President feels differently (about country music fans). Well, an ex-CBS Vice President. Facebook "outs" another one.

http://www.foxnews.com/...bly-republicans.html
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Facebook "outs" another one.

Glad they acted quickly. That shit has to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow...

�There ought to be something very special about the boundary conditions of the universe, and what can be more special than that there is no boundary?�- Stephen Hawking
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely praying, I wish I had words to make it all better but I know that’s not how it works. I’ll keep you and your friends and loved ones in my thoughts and prayers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
sphere wrote:

A CBS Vice President feels differently (about country music fans). Well, an ex-CBS Vice President. Facebook "outs" another one.

Holy crap, that's insane.

What an idiot.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:
so far the big news on this thread is:

1. how this will affect NFL players taking a knee
2. whether this was antifa's work (which you clearly hoped it was)

You forgot the suspicions of ISIS or some other radical muslims.

Old white guy in a conservative part of the country shoots up a bunch of other white people and people still want to figure out how the left, muslims, or blacks can be wrong.

Regardless of who or what is responsible, this is tragic.

Where are you getting that? There has been none of that in this thread that I saw. The only mention of ISIS in this thread was that ISIS claimed responsibility, and the responses after that actually thought that was very unlikely.

ETA: I think there was *one* post in this entire thread that surmised it might be an antifa activist, and that was it.

Last edited by: spot: Oct 2, 17 15:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A CBS Vice President feels differently (about country music fans). Well, an ex-CBS Vice President. Facebook "outs" another one. //

No kidding, I'm beginning to think there might just be a defective gene in some people that have no filter whatsoever, even to their darkest thoughts. And it seems to reside in politicians, entertainers, sports figures, and successful business and corporate folks..Maybe it is the same gene all the serial cheaters have too...It would be shocking, if it didn't happen so frequently....
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a video that you can hear the initial two bursts of gun shots pretty clearly. It sounds like two different calibers to me.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
A CBS Vice President feels differently (about country music fans). Well, an ex-CBS Vice President. Facebook "outs" another one. //

No kidding, I'm beginning to think there might just be a defective gene in some people that have no filter whatsoever, even to their darkest thoughts. And it seems to reside in politicians, entertainers, sports figures, and successful business and corporate folks..Maybe it is the same gene all the serial cheaters have too...It would be shocking, if it didn't happen so frequently....
thankful that I do not possess this gene! I know a few who do though.
Last edited by: SkipG: Oct 2, 17 15:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
sphere wrote:

How fucking stupid can you be?
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
monty wrote:

Just imagine if her filter did work and she thought that was a perfectly legitimate post to make?
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
SkipG wrote:
monty wrote:

Just imagine if her filter did work and she thought that was a perfectly legitimate post to make?
scary thought! Completely possible though.
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Where are you getting that? There has been none of that in this thread that I saw. The only mention of ISIS in this thread was that ISIS claimed responsibility, and the responses after that actually thought that was very unlikely.

ETA: I think there was *one* post in this entire thread that surmised it might be an antifa activist, and that was it. "

Post #2: ISIS Muslim Sympethizer
Post #11: "I've been expecting Muslim terrorists to do this for years."
Post #14: "maybe this will put an end to all the kneeling in the NFL"
Post #16: Responds to 14, but in a not very judgemental way so I wouldn't count this
Post #17: Responds to 14 with a small dose of judgement
Post# 19: Antifa
Post #24: Brings up kneeling again, finds a way to complain about the French

I posted after Slowman did at #39

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Agreed. They all seem to have a bit of sociopath in them.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
"Where are you getting that? There has been none of that in this thread that I saw. The only mention of ISIS in this thread was that ISIS claimed responsibility, and the responses after that actually thought that was very unlikely.

ETA: I think there was *one* post in this entire thread that surmised it might be an antifa activist, and that was it. "

Post #2: ISIS Muslim Sympethizer
Post #11: "I've been expecting Muslim terrorists to do this for years."
Post #14: "maybe this will put an end to all the kneeling in the NFL"
Post #16: Responds to 14, but in a not very judgemental way so I wouldn't count this
Post #17: Responds to 14 with a small dose of judgement
Post# 19: Antifa
Post #24: Brings up kneeling again, finds a way to complain about the French

I posted after Slowman did at #39

To be fair complaining about the French shouldn't count
Quote Reply

Prev Next