Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Maybe the ultimate sacrifice in taking out the Night King is made by Bran next season (it's obvious this season isn't going to resolve the issue of Mr. NK and his army of the dead)? Brandon Stark certainly seems to have a fatalistic air about him now.

Why don't they attach dragon glass arrowheads to a bunch of crows and have Bran warg the murder of crows to dive bomb the Night King?

Why can't Bran warg the ice dragon to eat the Night King?

In a recent episode, Bran was in a bunch of crows spying on the Night King and the King just gestured up to them and kicked Bran back into his own head.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Maybe the ultimate sacrifice in taking out the Night King is made by Bran next season (it's obvious this season isn't going to resolve the issue of Mr. NK and his army of the dead)? Brandon Stark certainly seems to have a fatalistic air about him now.

Why don't they attach dragon glass arrowheads to a bunch of crows and have Bran warg the murder of crows to dive bomb the Night King?

In a recent episode, Bran was in a bunch of crows spying on the Night King and the King just gestured up to them and kicked Bran back into his own head.

That's right. I remembered Bran warging the crows, which is why I came up with that idea. I forget about the Night King looking up and knocking Bran out of the crows.

I guess my question is - did the NK kick Bran out of the crows or did it just startle Bran causing him to lose his connection?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

That's right. I remembered Bran warging the crows, which is why I came up with that idea. I forget about the Night King looking up and knocking Bran out of the crows.

I guess my question is - did the NK kick Bran out of the crows or did it just startle Bran causing him to lose his connection?

Seemed like he knew exactly what was going on and used his powers to stop Bran from spying, but it's GoT, so who knows.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Seemed like he knew exactly what was going on and used his powers to stop Bran from spying, but it's GoT, so who knows.

I think you are probably right.

So, can Bran warg into a wight (human or animal)? Can Bran warg into a White Walker?

Is Bran the Night King???

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

I think he and the Night King have some sort of psychic connection and Bran's unable to do much but peek in on the Night King's activities via his animal surrogates. I also don't know that NK can even do that to Brandon.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:

I think you are probably right.

So, can Bran warg into a wight (human or animal)? Can Bran warg into a White Walker?

Is Bran the Night King???

Bran is everyone. The entire cast is just empty husks of people that Bran has killed with his brain, and he controls all of them like puppets. The final scenes of the show will have it turn out he is a non-corporeal interstellar entity, and his mom will call him home for dinner so he has to stop playing, and all the characters will drop like rag dolls.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought Bran was connected,to,the Night King and jumped out of the ravens when he saw he had been spotted by the Night King.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
I thought Bran was connected,to,the Night King and jumped out of the ravens when he saw he had been spotted by the Night King.

Well, there is a crazy theory Bran is the Night King. Remember, Bran can warg into people, even back in time, which is how Hodor became Hodor. But, remember the prior 3-eyed-raven told him he could not stay too long or he would be "stuck" in that person. The theory is, Bran has gone back multiple times to stop the NK, but stayed too long, and is, in fact, the Night King. That seems far fetched.

There is another theory Bran can warg the ice dragon and thus be the 3rd dragon rider. Remember, in Season 3, Bran was told he would never walk again, but would fly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Read that theory. Seems a little far fetched for GRRM. I saw that raven scene as,being like Frodo wearing the ring and ripping it,off when he sees the Eye looking his way
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Read that theory. Seems a little far fetched for GRRM. I saw that raven scene as,being like Frodo wearing the ring and ripping it,off when he sees the Eye looking his way

That's a good analogy and my first thought as well. But, slowguy may be right - NK may be able to "block" Bran. I dunno. I just hope they don't bogart the season finale.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It takes a really special show to live up to,its fans expectations. More,often than not,they screw up. I have my fingers crossed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
mck414 wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Geek tragedy surely?

I hadn't read the books by the time I watched the red wedding, hence the impact was massive - maybe more so that Ned's 'ed. Similar with the Mountain hulk smashing Oberyn into the dust - that was a suprise ( I thought the Mountain would win somehow, but I was cheering for Oberyn - and was screaming at the TV to stop dicking around and kill him already)

But yes, you're not the first person I've heard say that the characters have died because of their flaws - Ned let his honour override his caution; Rob broke his oath; Joffrey's hubris; Tommen's weakness; Marjory putting her faith in another (High Sparrow) rather than herself, etc.

The only ones who I would argue haven't died due to their faults have been this serie's deaths - QoT; Sand snakes; Frey.

Frey - Certainly led by revenge for the broken oath but I'd say he died from Greed, Walder Frey switched allegiances when it suited him financially, he would be granted Rivverun and protection from Tywin Lannister
Sand Snakes - I see their death caused by Wrath, Ellaria was all consumed with destroying Cersei for the death of Obryn, which certainly was picked up on by her daughters.
Olenna Tyrell - This one has me stumped. She always seemed to be a two steps ahead of everyone else.

To be fair, I think she may have been. She didn't agree with Tyrion's plan that Jaime out-maneuvered and ended with the Lannister army taking Highgarden.

You sure Olenna is dead? We never really saw her die and she seems pretty shrewd enough to have an antidote to lots of stuff kicking around....considering that is how she poisoned someone else, I would think she just may have something.
Although her kingdom is no more and I am not sure what she could do at that point with no money.....but with GOT, you just never know.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Ghost234 wrote:
There is reason to believe that the NK is also a warg or greenseer (like bran). The way he is able to animate things is similar to how Bran warged into summer/Hordor. He may have been spying on the world for quite while - nothing else to do.

There is a good chance the whole thing was an ambush. If you look at the NK and the walkers, they have exactly 3 spears. And where else would they get those chains? It must have been planned.

That would rock - Bran struggling to warg into the NK whilst he's just about to kill Jon, distracts him enough to allow Jon to escape the death blow to carry on the fight.

Ooph. That's almost fan fiction.

90 mins for the last episode should give lots of chance for boat sex with Jon and Daenrys.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the question better phrased as:

Is the Night King Bran?
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Is the question better phrased as:

Is the Night King Bran?

Nah. The night king still emotes occasionally.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Ghost234 wrote:
There is reason to believe that the NK is also a warg or greenseer (like bran). The way he is able to animate things is similar to how Bran warged into summer/Hordor. He may have been spying on the world for quite while - nothing else to do.

There is a good chance the whole thing was an ambush. If you look at the NK and the walkers, they have exactly 3 spears. And where else would they get those chains? It must have been planned.

That would rock - Bran struggling to warg into the NK whilst he's just about to kill Jon, distracts him enough to allow Jon to escape the death blow to carry on the fight.

90 mins for the last episode should give lots of chance for boat sex with Jon and Daenrys.

One of the directors confirmed incest incoming
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Ghost234 wrote:

Hot auntie-nephew action inbound? Check. ;-)

I think there was a little bit (okay, a lotta bit) of foreshadowing on that front last week, beginning with Dany's observation to Tyrion (I think) that Jon Snow was "too little" for her and then her furious fumbling to explain what she meant by that. LOL!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it incest? I thought they were cousins. I don't know, I'm not really up on my sexual deviancy definitions of late.

Never mind, Jon looks like he could do with some relief. Last shag he had was four/five seasons ago. He must have balls bigger than King Kong by now

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Is it incest? I thought they were cousins.

She's his aunt. His dad's little sister, but he's probably older - his birth is noted, her's isn't but she can't be much younger (she wasn't alive when the rebellion ended, but was conceived before as her dad [Jon's grandpa] was executed by Jamie to end it)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Is it incest? I thought they were cousins. I don't know, I'm not really up on my sexual deviancy definitions of late.

Never mind, Jon looks like he could do with some relief. Last shag he had was four/five seasons ago. He must have balls bigger than King Kong by now

Wait! You mean there still are some out there that we haven't completely thrown over the side? ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Ghost234 wrote:

Wonder if she will get naked for it? After her rise to fame on the show she has refused to it again. They will probably use a body double.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the last time she did the Mister Skin thing was when she burned all those khals alive at Vaes Dothrak.

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
I think the last time she did the Mister Skin thing was when she burned all those khals alive at Vaes Dothrak.

Great scene

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Great scene

It's certainly burned into my memory. ;-)

Quote Reply

Prev Next