Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JesseN wrote:
I'm voting fire just because they need something to punch a hole in the Wall.

Decent episode but waaaaay too much ex machina going on. If that was a GRRM written episode half of our new favorite characters would be dead, not just a bunch of random red shirts.

Also does the Hound not watch The Walking Dead? Don't poke the bear....

The rock throwing was too much like LOTR and the mines of Moria.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One dragon being a white flyer was pretty much a given. The best part of the episode yesterday I thought was the interaction between Arya and Sansa.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Will he breathe ice or fire? Which one was it?

My guess is fire. Like the writers said, now he's got his own weapon of mass destruction. That's a double-whammy for sure.

Now they're implying that the season finale will show all sides coming to some sort of entente or an outright alliance to defeat the Night King.

Yeah, fire for me also. Viserion is still a dragon. A dead one, but a dragon nonetheless.

Anyone who thinks Cersei is not going to try and (indirectly) use the Night King to weaken or kill her enemies really hasn't been paying attention.

Yeah, she's not going to be real,swayed by a single wight when she has Frankenvader standing next to her.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Will he breathe ice or fire? Which one was it?

My guess is fire. Like the writers said, now he's got his own weapon of mass destruction. That's a double-whammy for sure.

Now they're implying that the season finale will show all sides coming to some sort of entente or an outright alliance to defeat the Night King.

Yeah, fire for me also. Viserion is still a dragon. A dead one, but a dragon nonetheless.

Anyone who thinks Cersei is not going to try and (indirectly) use the Night King to weaken or kill her enemies really hasn't been paying attention.

Yeah, she's not going to be real,swayed by a single wight when she has Frankenvader standing next to her.

Battle of the Cleganes

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With Dany committing all her forces for this meeting, I see wildfire coming. Tyrion has already been outwitted twice, and his relationship w Dany is tenuous, this could be his downfall.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
One down, two to go. That was tough to witness.

Sets up for a big dragon on dragon battle. You can only show dragons torching people on the ground so much before you gotta mix it up.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Sets up for a big dragon on dragon battle. You can only show dragons torching people on the ground so much before you gotta mix it up.

Yup. Losing one of her dragons also weakens Dany's hand slightly. She's lost a third of her air force now, that third having gone over to the (real) enemy.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
With Dany committing all her forces for this meeting, I see wildfire coming. Tyrion has already been outwitted twice, and his relationship w Dany is tenuous, this could be his downfall.

If that's the case I'm guessing Cerci or Jamie sees the army of the dead soldier they brought back. The wildfire is then saved to use against the army of the dead in the epic battle to come.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
One dragon being a white flyer was pretty much a given. The best part of the episode yesterday I thought was the interaction between Arya and Sansa.

The best interaction was Clegane and Tormund!
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was definitely the funniest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
Francois wrote:

“I want to make babies with her. Think of them: Great big monsters! They'd conquer the world!”

or become a MVP candidate for the LA Dodgers

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
Francois wrote:

I think the Arya-Sansa thing is being done to trick Littlefinger into believing that his evil ploy is working. Surely by now Sansa knows that Litllefinger's motives can never be trusted.And it wouldn't surprise me if Sansa is the one who finally cuts his throat.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Giant Steps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Baelish will die. Soon.

I also think Dany will die as well, possibly by the ice dragon. Jon will be the rightful heir (which he is anyway) and he will rule the kingdoms on his own. I think he will also use a dragon to subdue his enemies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
JesseN wrote:
I'm voting fire just because they need something to punch a hole in the Wall.

Decent episode but waaaaay too much ex machina going on. If that was a GRRM written episode half of our new favorite characters would be dead, not just a bunch of random red shirts.

Also does the Hound not watch The Walking Dead? Don't poke the bear....

The rock throwing was too much like LOTR and the mines of Moria.

It was almost as if the writers were poking us, too, having the Walker with literally no brain in his skull figure out that the ice was thick enough to support their weight.

Probably my least favorite of the big episodes. They went way too LOTR in the battle scenes, with the WWs being cartoonishly inept at fighting, and I counted at least six walk breaks for dramatic dialogue.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
They went way too LOTR in the battle scenes

So why didn't they just use the eagles to fly the ring to Orodruin?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So now I'm now imagining Jon Snow, Frodo and Sam, and Darth Vader bumping around together on stone rafts in a lava flow.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

Made the comment to my wife while watching this episode last night..."is this GoT or Fellowship of the Ring?"

Quote | Reply
Robert Preston wrote:
Baelish will die. Soon.

I also think Dany will die as well, possibly by the ice dragon. Jon will be the rightful heir (which he is anyway) and he will rule the kingdoms on his own. I think he will also use a dragon to subdue his enemies.

I guess one dead dragon puts an end to the theory that Tyrion is also a Targaryen and will be the third rider - only need 2 dragon riders now and between Jon and Daenerys they've got it covered.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I guess one dead dragon puts an end to the theory that Tyrion is also a Targaryen and will be the third rider - only need 2 dragon riders now and between Jon and Daenerys they've got it covered.

Before Dany left I was thinking Tyrion was somehow going to get on one in her place or ride along with her on one. Thus showing he was Targaryen.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
So now I'm now imagining Jon Snow, Frodo and Sam, and Darth Vader bumping around together on stone rafts in a lava flow.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Quote:

Before Dany left I was thinking Tyrion was somehow going to get on one in her place or ride along with her on one. Thus showing he was Targaryen.

I always found the Tyrion being a Targaryen speculation to be pretty unlikely, other than him saying that all dwarves are bastards there's been pretty much no hints dropped in either books or TV.

I was half expecting Jon to prove his Targaryen heritage by having Rhaegal come back and rescue him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
slowguy wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Yup. Losing one of her dragons also weakens Dany's hand slightly. She's lost a third of her air force now, that third having gone over to the (real) enemy.

Whose mojo is stronger? The ice king or the mother of dragons? Can Dany turn the dragon back to fire?
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Giant Steps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giant Steps wrote:
mv2005 wrote:
Francois wrote:

I think the Arya-Sansa thing is being done to trick Littlefinger into believing that his evil ploy is working. Surely by now Sansa knows that Litllefinger's motives can never be trusted.And it wouldn't surprise me if Sansa is the one who finally cuts his throat.

100% agree with this. Sansa is a lot smarter than people think and she's been warned by everyone (most notably and recently Jon, Arya and Brienne) so she is certainly playing it up to keep Littlefinger comfy. Arya is also extremely wise and shrewd.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
slowguy wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Her enemies in King's Landing don't know about the loss of the one dragon. It doesn't weaken her hand per se when it comes to the mental jiu-jitsu because as far as they know she still has three. Hopefully she's not dumb enough to mention that to Cersei and Jaime during their little meet and greet next week. "The Night King is so powerful that he even killed one of my dragons." Best not to offer up that info.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Aug 21, 17 14:36
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Sideways] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sideways wrote:
Francois wrote:

Made the comment to my wife while watching this episode last night..."is this GoT or Fellowship of the Ring?"

I made the FOTR comment at the end of 5 when they were all setting off from the wall.

I found it strange that the night king would spear a flying dragon when there was a grounded one (with enemies) 50 yards away.
Quote Reply

Prev Next