Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:
Another big reveal was Gilly mentioning how Raegars marriage was annulled so that he could marry Leanna in secret, therefore legitimizing Jon. Guess Dany will be the one having to bend the knee.

Good grabs. I figured on the Rhaegar thing as soon as Gilly started talking about his annulment. If it's true that he did it so that he could marry Lyanna Stark -- and he did in fact marry her -- that would make Jon a Targaryen and Rhaegar's legitimate heir as well as the rightful king of the Seven Kingdoms, correct?

I'm wondering how long it's gonna take for Sam to say "Wait? Gilly? What was that you said about Raegar? Raegar Targaryen? Read that again!"
"We left the book at The Citadel"
"Well, fook it, we're goin' back fer it"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:
Another big reveal was Gilly mentioning how Raegars marriage was annulled so that he could marry Leanna in secret, therefore legitimizing Jon. Guess Dany will be the one having to bend the knee.

Good grabs. I figured on the Rhaegar thing as soon as Gilly started talking about his annulment. If it's true that he did it so that he could marry Lyanna Stark -- and he did in fact marry her -- that would make Jon a Targaryen and Rhaegar's legitimate heir as well as the rightful king of the Seven Kingdoms, correct?

I'm wondering how long it's gonna take for Sam to say "Wait? Gilly? What was that you said about Raegar? Raegar Targaryen? Read that again!"

Hahahahaha! Right! :-)

I think Gilly may have kept that book with her, though. Probably, she's going to continue reading, while on the wagon trip, and mentions that Rhaegar married Lyanna Stark and that's where Sam gets the lightbulb-over-the-head moment. But I'm probably wrong on that point, as well. LOL!

And Sam is now Lord Tarly, I think, right? His father and brother, who was Randyll's designated heir, were both burnt to a cinder last night (and I'd hoped the writers would have had a bit more fun with the whole "Rickon/Dickon" thing ;-). BUT: Sam also took the Black and is part of the Night's Watch, so I don't think he can take over the family homestead anyway. Hmmmm....

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

I was expecting him to stop halfway through his rant and do exactly that. I guess if he's now headed north then maybe they'll get the story from Bran and then Sam/Gilly will be able to provide the proof (on the basis that Dany isn't really going to go for "my slightly odd adopted brother saw it in a vision")
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
[
And Sam is now Lord Tarly, I think, right? His father and brother, who was Randyll's designated heir, were both burnt to a cinder last night (and I'd hoped the writers would have had a bit more fun with the whole "Rickon/Dickon" thing ;-). BUT: Sam also took the Black and is part of the Night's Watch, so I don't think he can take over the family homestead anyway. Hmmmm....

No, Sam has no claim since he took the black and went to the wall. That house is pretty much gone now, unless there are some cousins or long lost relatives that step up.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else think Cersei is full of shit about being pregnant with Jamie's child? Without a doubt she knows she can keep him wrapped around her little finger.

And speaking of Littlefinger, what's the over/under he's the major character to meet his demise this season? Perhaps we'll see Needle pierce his skull from back to front? With him actively trying to drive a wedge between Sansa and Arya, Bran knowing his past, Arya knowing the past. I'm thinking he's schemed his last scheme.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: Aug 14, 17 7:37
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Anyone else think Cersei is full of shit about being pregnant with Jamie's child? Without a doubt she knows she can keep him wrapped around her little finger.

And speaking of Littlefinger, what's the over/under he's the major character to meet his demise this season? Perhaps we'll see Needle pierce his skull from back to front? With him actively trying to drive a wedge between Sanasa and Arya, Bran knowing his past, Arya knowing the past. I'm thinking he's schemed his last scheme.

How much time has passed since they hopped into bed? Can she even know that at this point? This is where these screwy timelines are making me confused.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
mck414 wrote:

And speaking of Littlefinger, what's the over/under he's the major character to meet his demise this season? Perhaps we'll see Needle pierce his skull from back to front? With him actively trying to drive a wedge between Sanasa and Arya, Bran knowing his past, Arya knowing the past. I'm thinking he's schemed his last scheme.

How much time has passed since they hopped into bed? Can she even know that at this point? This is where these screwy timelines are making me confused.

Cersei will be the last major character to be killed off, for sure (the bee-yotch! LOL!). Jaime, if he does bite the big one, will go before her. At this point he seems a doomed man, and he also seems to know it. He's addicted to the kiss of the spider woman, who's a soul-sucking WHORE from whom there is no escape, hahahahaha! Sorry, couldn't help myself there.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, similar to Joffrey and Ramsay, its more "when" than "if at this point. Arya could do it but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be Brienne that does it where she's sworn to protect Sansa.

Speaking of, I loved it last night when Jon was at East Watch going over who they could bring with them north of the wall, and Tormund asking "What about the big woman?" They need to get those two kids together.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They didn't show her much last night, but Cersei almost always has wine in hand. I didn't notice if she did last night. Would the writers be keen enough to stop her from imbibing if pregnant? As a plot device withholding from alcohol is a bit too modern to fit the GoT time period.

Oh yeah, and F-n Gendry! His old man swung a hammer too.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bq2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bq2001 wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
[

No, Sam has no claim since he took the black and went to the wall. That house is pretty much gone now, unless there are some cousins or long lost relatives that step up.

Wouldn't that apply to Jon Snow, as well? Although the latter died and fulfilled his vow, to be sure.

My prediction: when all is said and done, and the Night King has been permanently put on ice, the Night's Watch vow will become null and void and Sam Tarly will emerge as a hero and perhaps Warden of the North or something like that. But that's only because GRRM is no longer writing the scripts...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
I agree, similar to Joffrey and Ramsay, its more "when" than "if at this point. Arya could do it but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be Brienne that does it where she's sworn to protect Sansa.

Speaking of, I loved it last night when Jon was at East Watch going over who they could bring with them north of the wall, and Tormund asking "What about the big woman?" They need to get those two kids together.

Who else needs to have a scene in which the Hound, Brienne, and Tormund come face-to-face-to-face for the first time?

I have lost count of the "things I need to have" in this show.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

Who else needs to have a scene in which the Hound, Brienne, and Tormund come face-to-face-to-face for the first time?

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

Where's Jim Lange when you need him.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
bq2001 wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
[

Wouldn't that apply to Jon Snow, as well? Although the latter died and fulfilled his vow, to be sure.

My prediction: when all is said and done, and the Night King has been permanently put on ice, the Night's Watch vow will become null and void and Sam Tarly will emerge as a hero and perhaps Warden of the North or something like that. But that's only because GRRM is no longer writing the scripts...

Yes, it did apply to Jon as well. The vow is you are in the Nights Watch until you die. Well, he died.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking of timelines, is that little Sand Snake dead yet? Seems like she was kissed with poison lips several months ago by now.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Speaking of timelines, is that little Sand Snake dead yet? Seems like she was kissed with poison lips several months ago by now.

I wonder if the next we see momma snake, it will be a scene of her still chained to the wall, with her daughter's rotted and decomposed corpse lying in front of her.

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
JSA wrote:

I wonder if the next we see momma snake, it will be a scene of her still chained to the wall, with her daughter's rotted and decomposed corpse lying in front of her.

Quoth The 3-Eyed Raven

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...g-back-game-thrones/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We all saw the way the dragons treated Tyrion last season, and the way Drogon treated Jon last night. Is Tryion really a Targaryen? That would explain part of the reason his "father" hates him, she died in child birth like Jon's mother.

If so then he and Jamie killed each other's father.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You're no son of mine"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
"You're no son of mine"

Come on, don't take things literally. Have you not been awake these past months?

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
JSA wrote:

mama snake's actress says she's done filming, and that scene from Ep2 was the last one to be shown.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's certainly been a fair bit of speculation about Tyrion being a Targaryen. Partly due to the way the dragons reacted to him, partly because Tywin told him he wasn't his son, and partly because there are 3 dragons which implies 3 riders at some point (Danerys and Jon presumably being the first 2, and the TV series isn't including Aegon who could plausibly by the 3rd Targaryen in the books). Of course the other alternative is that one of the dragons gets killed or turned into a wight.

The fun of GoT is that it's more unpredictable than most TV shows, particularly since we're now ahead of the books. Am actually starting to wonder if that's somewhat deliberate by GRRM - I'm certainly enjoying the show more not knowing what's going to happen.

Next week's show looks like a big one. Guess as the penultimate episode in the series we could well be in for some of the big action scenes and deaths that normally go with episode 9 of the 10 show series. I'm guessing at least one or two of the Jon/Hound/Beric/Jorah/Tormund/Thoros/Gendry group aren't coming back. In any other show my money would be on Thoros/Beric/Tormund on the basis that Jon seems pretty core to the story, Gendry and Jorah have only just been reintroduced so won't get killed off yet, and we're all expecting the Hound to fight his big brother before the end. But with Game of Thrones who knows? I thought that Dickon Tarly was being lined up to have a somewhat important role (seemed to be getting a lot of screen time for a new character and the actor has a reasonable pedigree), and then Daenerys incinerated him. So maybe it's going to be total carnage and Jon will be the only survivor. Maybe by becoming a dragon rider and getting an air evacuation?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Who is that for?"
"Jon Snow"
"Did you read it?"
"It's a sealed scroll for the King In the North"

<pause>
<sip>
<pause>

"What's it say?"
"Nothing good"

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bq2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the books there are a couple of sisters.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
RandMart wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

I was expecting him to stop halfway through his rant and do exactly that. I guess if he's now headed north then maybe they'll get the story from Bran and then Sam/Gilly will be able to provide the proof (on the basis that Dany isn't really going to go for "my slightly odd adopted brother saw it in a vision")

Meera said she's going to visit her father who was at the tower of Joy. I suspect that the news of john's parentage comes from him.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next