Quote | Reply
Anyone else besides me feel sorry for the Dragon? :D
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Quote:
Certainly, Jon Snow as well as the Tyrells don't have a fleet. I don't think Braavos and the other free cities and their mercenary fleets will come to the aid of Dany, at least not this season. It's a tough nut to crack, in other words.

Well apparently you can build one in a blink of an eye. I would've liked some mention of a timeline on that because it seemed like they built that fleet of giant ships in about a week.

That's the question I just asked - how did he get an entire armada of massive ships so quickly, especially after his niece and nephew took the best ships?
Digging this back up because I was just having a chat about timelines on GOT. The question raised was with all the timeline questions why hasn't Cersi's hair grown yet ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
JSA wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Quote:
Certainly, Jon Snow as well as the Tyrells don't have a fleet. I don't think Braavos and the other free cities and their mercenary fleets will come to the aid of Dany, at least not this season. It's a tough nut to crack, in other words.

Well apparently you can build one in a blink of an eye. I would've liked some mention of a timeline on that because it seemed like they built that fleet of giant ships in about a week.

That's the question I just asked - how did he get an entire armada of massive ships so quickly, especially after his niece and nephew took the best ships?

Digging this back up because I was just having a chat about timelines on GOT. The question raised was with all the timeline questions why hasn't Cersi's hair grown yet ?

Maybe she likes it short now?

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Tenable but given who cut her hair and why I'd think she would grow it out.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Quote:

Agree, this has bothered me as well. Her hair not matching the time flow. Maybe it's artistic liscense I guess because the short hair makes her look more hard, callous and crazy.
Last edited by: Endo: Aug 12, 17 7:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Quote:

They could have easily fitted her with a wig to compensate for the time compression this season that's going on. Me being a writer, I'd have added some sort of brief throwaway two-liner between Cersei and Jaime remarking on the hair length and why she likes it short now (maybe something like "I'm wearing it short to remind me of my humiliation at the hands of my enemies" or some such twaddle ;-).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Quote:

They could have easily fitted her with a wig to compensate for the time compression this season that's going on. Me being a writer, I'd have added some sort of brief throwaway two-liner between Cersei and Jaime remarking on the hair length and why she likes it short now (maybe something like "I'm wearing it short to remind me of my humiliation at the hands of my enemies" or some such twaddle ;-).

You tried your best to defeat me but I won.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Agree, this has bothered me as well. Her hair not matching the time flow. Maybe it's artistic liscense I guess because the short hair makes her look more hard, callous and crazy

That's a good point and it works that way. It's just one more thing that adds to the rushed nature. It's kind of a big thing to over look in relation to the questionable timelines.

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Quote:

You tried your best to defeat me but I won.

That's great! :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Quote:

Agree, this has bothered me as well. Her hair not matching the time flow. Maybe it's artistic liscense I guess because the short hair makes her look more hard, callous and crazy.

Varys too. His hair hasn't grown a lick during the whole show.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same with Grey Worm's, but as Varys himself said this week on Seth Myers' show "we eunuchs have to stick together."

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:

The whole battle scene, didn't care it Jamie or Bronn or Dany or Dickon (!!! :) ) died, but Drogon? Hell no!
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since this is a speculation thread, will Dany use Drogon to pull Jamie out of the water?

Can a fire eating dragon immerse his head underwater and still breathe fire?
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
Since this is a speculation thread, will Dany use Drogon to pull Jamie out of the water?

Can a fire eating dragon immerse his head underwater and still breathe fire?

My guess is, if we see anything of Jaime (and Bronn?) it'll be very brief. Maybe them surfacing somewhere where Dany/Drogon can't see them? I dunno.

I also have no clue about the rules of dragon warfare and whether or not they can breathe fire under water. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gendry smash!

Quote | Reply
I went back after the episode ended and paused it on DVR to read the note, its what Cersei had Sansa write way back after Ned was killed. Even though Little finger thinks he's playing Arya against Sansa, he doesn't know that she was hiding in the crowd that day and knows the truth. Either way, he's screwed.

Another big reveal was Gilly mentioning how Raegars marriage was annulled so that he could marry Leanna in secret, therefore legitimizing Jon. Guess Dany will be the one having to bend the knee.

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Sideways] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sideways wrote:
Gendry smash!

Looks like he finally stopped rowing. -)

And, looks like my guess about a brief thing with Jaime was completely wrong, as usual. LOL!

Last edited by: big kahuna: Aug 13, 17 19:32
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
I went back after the episode ended and paused it on DVR to read the note, its what Cersei had Sansa write way back after Ned was killed. Even though Little finger thinks he's playing Arya against Sansa, he doesn't know that she was hiding in the crowd that day and knows the truth. Either way, he's screwed.

Another big reveal was Gilly mentioning how Raegars marriage was annulled so that he could marry Leanna in secret, therefore legitimizing Jon. Guess Dany will be the one having to bend the knee.

Good grabs. I figured on the Rhaegar thing as soon as Gilly started talking about his annulment. If it's true that he did it so that he could marry Lyanna Stark -- and he did in fact marry her -- that would make Jon a Targaryen and Rhaegar's legitimate heir as well as the rightful king of the Seven Kingdoms, correct?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are correct sir.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My best guess for the short hair is a reminder to her. Her experience in the cell made her cold and able to withstand just about anything. It reminders her about what her enemies will do to her and why she needs to fight.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Ghost234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it was explained and I missed it but why does Jon need to go north? Can't Dany send a dragon to swoop down and grab a white walker?

Can the night king control a dragon like he did the ravens?
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
ridenfish39 wrote:

The whole battle scene, didn't care it Jamie or Bronn or Dany or Dickon (!!! :) ) died, but Drogon? Hell no!

'Tis just a flesh wound.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

Good grabs. I figured on the Rhaegar thing as soon as Gilly started talking about his annulment. If it's true that he did it so that he could marry Lyanna Stark -- and he did in fact marry her -- that would make Jon a Targaryen and Rhaegar's legitimate heir as well as the rightful king of the Seven Kingdoms, correct?

yes and no. He would have been the rightful heir if not for the whole rebellion and overthrow of the dynasty. Dany and Jon do not have claims on the throne anymore as their family's government doesn't exist anymore. They have as much of a claim on the throne as Louis 14's descendants have on France (not really, but I can't think of a country with a major change in royal families via war)
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spot on, the whole speculation about who has the right to the throne based on birth is a waste of time - all that matters is power, whether that's based on gold, military might, or support.

Heck, Cersei has absolutely no rightful claim to the throne other than that she's in possession of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
Spot on, the whole speculation about who has the right to the throne based on birth is a waste of time - all that matters is power, whether that's based on gold, military might, or support.

Heck, Cersei has absolutely no rightful claim to the throne other than that she's in possession of it.

That's very true. Possession is nine-tenths of the law, and all that. ;-)

Quote Reply

Prev Next