Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
JSA wrote:
It's like bringing an F16 to Little Big Horn! She could have wiped them out without losing a man. She lost a number of fighters.

Yes but based on that she only needed one ? !

Maybe she knew after one got hurt that they are somewhat vulnerable so why not hold the other ones back.

That or it's harder to control them unless she's in direct contack, i.e riding on one ?

Your last point is what I wondered. Does she need to control them? Didn't she unleash the, on a fleet last season without being on any of them?

She did not know of the scorpion bolt so it was not to protect the dragons. Also, why would they have a scorpion bolt with them for an attack on the High Garden? How was that the only carriage not destroyed with fire?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
JSA wrote:
It's like bringing an F16 to Little Big Horn! She could have wiped them out without losing a man. She lost a number of fighters.

I think that next week's preview gave us a clue as to why: in it, she gives the Lannister army's survivors a choice: join her or die. No doubt, she only used Drogon precisely to avoid slaughtering the entire enemy force and coming across as being as bloodthirsty as her father was. It was a kind of public relations move, maybe? This was probably on Tyrion's and Jon's advice. Tyrion was at the battle to observe it.

Perhaps. But there did not appear to be many left.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unleashing them on the fleet = have at it , she didn't have any soldiers to worry about ?

Dragon bolt being the one wagon not burned ?= I chalked that up to Hollywood or dramatic license. Kind of like the dragon not seeing it
coming and swerving ! It was kind of telegraphed

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Leddy wrote:
JSA wrote:

Yes but based on that she only needed one ? !

Maybe she knew after one got hurt that they are somewhat vulnerable so why not hold the other ones back.

That or it's harder to control them unless she's in direct contack, i.e riding on one ?

Your last point is what I wondered. Does she need to control them? Didn't she unleash the, on a fleet last season without being on any of them?

She did not know of the scorpion bolt so it was not to protect the dragons. Also, why would they have a scorpion bolt with them for an attack on the High Garden? How was that the only carriage not destroyed with fire?

That was classic, what she had the dragon do with its first fire burst: breach the enemy's line and then pour forces through it so that they could get in the Lannister army's rear and wreak havoc. Then she had the dragon destroy the supply train in bursts (in between providing fire support for her Dothraki troops). The dragon was working its way toward the wagon carrying the Scorpion bolt and probably would have gotten to it, but until it was unveiled it looked like any other supply wagon. It was also clear that she didn't want to kill every enemy soldier, figuring she'd need more converts to her cause, all while showing that she's a merciful conqueror. Yada yada (LOL!).

Dany's not a tactician or even a very good strategist, so she wouldn't have necessarily been skilled at picking out a heavy weapon like the Scorpion wagon among all those grain and other loot wagons. At least, that's what I saw. But I'm often wrong, so who knows? ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dunno. She needed a victory and a show of force. I would have had the 3 dragons wipe out the force and the Hord take High Garden. Then taken the 3 dragons to wipe out Euron's fleet and free the Unsullied.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is outstanding.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the lady of the lake save ser Jamie?

Season 6 finally got interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
I'm not sure what was leaked, but the better ending would have been for Tyrion to have saved Jamie, not Bronn. At least then there's a justified pause in the fighting so that they can talk (and have Jamie surrender) before the dragon roasts them both alive.

How do we *know* that was Bronn who knocked Jaime off his horse? The scene was shot so as to deliberately not expose the identity of the second rider.

And how do we know that action was to save Jaime and not to defend Dany?

I can actually think of three people who that might have been: Dickon Tarly, Bronn, or (talk about a crazy thing) Jorah who was defending Dany?

Can the dragon drag the two of them back from the bottom of the lake?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
I can't say because it will,spoil the outcome, but if you want to know go,here: http://www.independent.co.uk/...-drown-a7879696.html

Yeah, it makes sense. So did Dany attacking the Lannister/Tarly force and taking it off the board rather than frying half of King's Landing. But Cersei got her gold and the Iron Bank is throwing in their lot with her, it looks like.

That guy, Mark Gattis, that plays the Iron Bank representative also plays Mycroft Holmes in the Benedict Cumberbatch "Sherlock Holmes" series (he's a writer on the series, too). Nice and oily, as always And, as always, just about every actor or actress of note in the UK seems to have found a way to appear in GoT. ;-)

Gatiss also writes for Doctor Who, and has been in a couple episodes. But Sherlock and some of those years of Who had the same showrunner, Steven Moffat.
GoT has nothing on Harry Potter though - it's a shorter list for British actors of note that DIDN'T appear in HP films :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In addition to the great battle sequence, I thought a key highlight of the show was Littlefinger realizing that he is screwed between Bran knowing everything he has done, and Arya now having the catspaw dagger and also knowing that he plotted against the Starks (remember her as Tywin's cupbearer at Harrenhall way back when?). Good to see him squirm.

Episodes like this also make you appreciate the camerawork, editing and stunt work that go into pulling off a complex battle scene like that. Very cool to see the Dothraki go up on one knee while on horseback to shoot arrows.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Dickon (how funny was that when Bronn cracked up after hearing his name?). He proved himself to Jaime once already during the battle and that would be a great opportunity to do it again. I do like your Jorah theory though as he has a habit of showing up to save Dany whenever she is in danger.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
timbasile wrote:
I'm not sure what was leaked, but the better ending would have been for Tyrion to have saved Jamie, not Bronn. At least then there's a justified pause in the fighting so that they can talk (and have Jamie surrender) before the dragon roasts them both alive.

How do we *know* that was Bronn who knocked Jaime off his horse? The scene was shot so as to deliberately not expose the identity of the second rider.

It was Ed Sheeran

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
timbasile wrote:

I can actually think of three people who that might have been: Dickon Tarly, Bronn, or (talk about a crazy thing) Jorah who was defending Dany?

If, and this is a big if, the leaked script was correct (and it nailed the rest of the episode) then it was Bronn. Spoilers below. Highlight to see.

There was supposed to be a scene where, while sinking, Jaime sees a number of his soldiers in the same predicament as he, sinking to the bottom and unable to escape the weight of their armor. Looks of horror on their faces, reaching for Jaime for help. But Bronn then drags Jaime out to the safety of the shore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
JSA wrote:
This really is one of the greatest shows ever made. Are there really only 2 episodes left???

Yup. Only 2 for this year and 8 for next year, which is the also the series' end, sadly. Next year, several of the episodes are supposed to be longer than ever.

I think there are still 3 left this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
klehner wrote:
timbasile wrote:

If, and this is a big if, the leaked script was correct (and it nailed the rest of the episode) then it was Bronn. Spoilers below. Highlight to see.

There was supposed to be a scene where, while sinking, Jaime sees a number of his soldiers in the same predicament as he, sinking to the bottom and unable to escape the weight of their armor. Looks of horror on their faces, reaching for Jaime for help. But Bronn then drags Jaime out to the safety of the shore.

Just because Bronn drags him out, doesn't mean he knocked him in, but that may just be script changes.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
klehner wrote:
timbasile wrote:

Just because Bronn drags him out, doesn't mean he knocked him in, but that may just be script changes.

Script said it was Bronn that knocked him off. Again, if they followed the script, but the word of the leak came so late I think they had finished filming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
timbasile wrote:

On the "Inside the Episode," following the episode, that said it was Bronn.

klehner wrote:

They told us on "Inside the Episode."

klehner wrote:

On "Inside the Episode," they said Jaime the Kingslayer was trying to be the DragonSlayer like his ancestor.

klehner wrote:

What I want to know is - why is Jaime is such deep water? He is riding on the water's edge towards Drogon. He gets knocked off his horse into the water. It should have been a few inches deep. How does he end up at the bottom of the lake?

I'm guessing here, but I don't think he really went deep into the water. I'm guessing that was a metaphor.

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Dickon

I couldn't figure out where Dickon came from this season since the actor also was in Blacksails. After looking it up this morning I realize that he was a recast and where his character fits in. It was distracting trying to figure out how the pirate went back in time.

https://winteriscoming.net/...me-thrones-season-7/

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Dickon

I couldn't figure out where Dickon came from this season since the actor also was in Blacksails. After looking it up this morning I realize that he was a recast and where his character fits in. It was distracting trying to figure out how the pirate went back in time.

https://winteriscoming.net/...me-thrones-season-7/

Thank you! That was driving me nuts!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who has a good website for GOT. I like the family trees on wiki. I am guessing there are better ones ?

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/...Game_of_Thrones_Wiki#

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
JSA wrote:
This really is one of the greatest shows ever made. Are there really only 2 episodes left???

Yup. Only 2 for this year and 8 for next year, which is the also the series' end, sadly. Next year, several of the episodes are supposed to be longer than ever.

3 more this season for 7 total.
then they say 6 for the final season.

and if someone corrected this already, i haven't read that far into the thread

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard had his cameo last night; of course they had him throw something where he was a Lannister soldier who threw a spear through one of the Dothraki.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
klehner wrote:
timbasile wrote:

On the "Inside the Episode," following the episode, that said it was Bronn.

klehner wrote:

They told us on "Inside the Episode."

klehner wrote:

On "Inside the Episode," they said Jaime the Kingslayer was trying to be the DragonSlayer like his ancestor.

klehner wrote:

What I want to know is - why is Jaime is such deep water? He is riding on the water's edge towards Drogon. He gets knocked off his horse into the water. It should have been a few inches deep. How does he end up at the bottom of the lake?

I'm guessing here, but I don't think he really went deep into the water. I'm guessing that was a metaphor.

No, I think that is supposed to be deep water, and not a metaphor. Look at the spoilerish stuff I posted above, there was supposed to be as scene where he sees his soldiers farther down, alive, and struggling in their armor with looks of desperation on their faces. Maybe that happens at the beginning of next week.

Now, how he goes from riding on the edge of that river to real deep water, who knows. although we are on the banks of the Ohio and it drops off pretty quick and with the current you can get swept out.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard had his cameo last night; of course they had him throw something where he was a Lannister soldier who threw a spear through one of the Dothraki.

But it was Drogon who brought the heat

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. He had a good response on Twitter: "At least I didn't throw it behind him"

Quote Reply

Prev Next