Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stal wrote:
fulla wrote:
Holy fucking shit. Episode 4, the spoils of war. One of the best episodes yet. Chills up my spine.

Did u find the hacked episode somewhere?

Yes. All Game of Thrones episodes are pretty easy to find with google.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
stal wrote:
fulla wrote:
Holy fucking shit. Episode 4, the spoils of war. One of the best episodes yet. Chills up my spine.

Did u find the hacked episode somewhere?

Yes. All Game of Thrones episodes are pretty easy to find with google.

X2. That one for episode 4 was, like the Deadspin article noted, in about 380P, at best. But man... ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That girl is a damn ninja! ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That. Was. Fucking. INTENSE!!!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They should have gone with the ending in the script,that was leaked
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
That. Was. Fucking. INTENSE!!!

Yeah, that was some next-level sh*t, right there, with Bran/Three-Eyed Raven. He knows everything, including the ultimate outcome.

And that loot train sequence at the end? Well... ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
They should have gone with the ending in the script,that was leaked

What was that ending, sir?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what was leaked, but the better ending would have been for Tyrion to have saved Jamie, not Bronn. At least then there's a justified pause in the fighting so that they can talk (and have Jamie surrender) before the dragon roasts them both alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't say because it will,spoil the outcome, but if you want to know go,here: http://www.independent.co.uk/...-drown-a7879696.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Yeah, that was some next-level sh*t, right there, with Bran/Three-Eyed Raven. He knows everything, including the ultimate outcome.

The look on Littlefinger's face when Brann said that chaos was a ladder said everything
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

The look on Littlefinger's face when Brann said that chaos was a ladder said everything

You sure have that right. Bran basically said that he knew a key part of Littlefinger's past and that he knows what he's done and what he's going to do and what's going to happen to him. That froze ol' Baelish right in his tracks. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
I'm not sure what was leaked, but the better ending would have been for Tyrion to have saved Jamie, not Bronn. At least then there's a justified pause in the fighting so that they can talk (and have Jamie surrender) before the dragon roasts them both alive.

When last we left Jaime he and Bronn were slowly sinking to the bottom of that lake. ;-)

P.S. The old Jaime would have gleefully had those soldiers flogged to keep them moving at a fast pace so that the army could get into King's Landing in good order.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
I can't say because it will,spoil the outcome, but if you want to know go,here: http://www.independent.co.uk/...-drown-a7879696.html

Yeah, it makes sense. So did Dany attacking the Lannister/Tarly force and taking it off the board rather than frying half of King's Landing. But Cersei got her gold and the Iron Bank is throwing in their lot with her, it looks like.

That guy, Mark Gattis, that plays the Iron Bank representative also plays Mycroft Holmes in the Benedict Cumberbatch "Sherlock Holmes" series (he's a writer on the series, too). Nice and oily, as always And, as always, just about every actor or actress of note in the UK seems to have found a way to appear in GoT. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And on a tactical note, the battle (slaughter?) at Blackwater Rush illustrates perfectly why you always have picket riders and scouts out, so that you don't get caught with your pants down and surprised by a Dothraki horde. ;-)

Although without air cover, like the Dothraki had, I don't know that you can do much more than leave behind a rear guard to at least slow the enemy ground force and then make a mad rush to King's Landing or dig in and fortify your positions for the main melee. Fight the enemy on ground of your choosing, not theirs, and all that other Sun Tzu stuff.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was good !

The Lannister army reminds of Roman legions.

I have a new found love for Ayra after her sparring session.

I've been wondering , when will "the man" shows back up. He's got to play another part in this story.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
That was good !

The Lannister army reminds of Roman legions.

I have a new found love for Ayra after her sparring session.

I've been wondering , when will "the man" shows back up. He's got to play another part in this story.

You mean Jaqen H'ghar? Yeah, I think so, too. He's just too good a character to write out of the series altogether.

You know, there was a lot of speculation last year that Ayra Stark actually died in that final fight with the Waif and that it's she who's impersonating Ayra, for whatever reason. I don't think so, as the Waif wouldn't have recognized Nymeria (who would have probably eaten her no matter what Ayra mask she was wearing) and Hot Pie, etc.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! But I cannot help but wonder - why not just bring the 3 dragons? She could have wiped out the entire force without losing a single man.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This really is one of the greatest shows ever made. Are there really only 2 episodes left???

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Awesome! But I cannot help but wonder - why not just bring the 3 dragons? She could have wiped out the entire force without losing a single man.

She may not have wanted to commit her entire air force to a single battle when she knew that she'd need some of those assets to fight other Lannister armies and allies, including Euron Greyjoy and his naval fleet and all those Iron Islands SOBs. ;-)

Last edited by: big kahuna: Aug 6, 17 20:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
This really is one of the greatest shows ever made. Are there really only 2 episodes left???

Yup. Only 2 for this year and 8 for next year, which is the also the series' end, sadly. Next year, several of the episodes are supposed to be longer than ever.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's like bringing an F16 to Little Big Horn! She could have wiped them out without losing a man. She lost a number of fighters.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
It's like bringing an F16 to Little Big Horn! She could have wiped them out without losing a man. She lost a number of fighters.

I think that next week's preview gave us a clue as to why: in it, she gives the Lannister army's survivors a choice: join her or die. No doubt, she only used Drogon precisely to avoid slaughtering the entire enemy force and coming across as being as bloodthirsty as her father was. It was a kind of public relations move, maybe? This was probably on Tyrion's and Jon's advice. Tyrion was at the battle to observe it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Yes but based on that she only needed one ? !

Maybe she knew after one got hurt that they are somewhat vulnerable so why not hold the other ones back.

That or it's harder to control them unless she's in direct contack, i.e riding on one ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
JSA wrote:

Yup. Only 2 for this year and 8 for next year, which is the also the series' end, sadly. Next year, several of the episodes are supposed to be longer than ever.

Ah! I thought this was the last season. Well, that's something at least.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
JSA wrote:

Yes but based on that she only needed one ? !

Maybe she knew after one got hurt that they are somewhat vulnerable so why not hold the other ones back.

That or it's harder to control them unless she's in direct contack, i.e riding on one ?

I'm going for your first guess. She controlled all three just fine when she destroyed the slaver fleet at the battle for Meereen.

Quote Reply

Prev Next