Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
riotgear wrote:
Rumor is that Tyrion is also a Targaryen thus fulfilling the prophecy of a 3 headed dragon ruling Westeros. The 3 heads of the dragon being Dany, Jon, and Tyrion. It's also convenient that there are only 3 dragons left in the world.

There's a fair bit of supporting evidence for this theory:
The dragons did not immediately eat Tyrion when he released them from the dungeon
Tyrion said he always wanted a dragon - "even a little one will do"
Tywin's comment "You're no son of mind!"
Targaryens are immune to greyscale and Tyrion showed no symptoms after exposure

If this theory pans out, then Tyrion has the strongest claim to the throne since he's the eldest of the three. He'd make a pretty good king, in my opinion, as he's a good administrator during times of peace.

That would be one HELL of a plot twist, and I hope that turns out to be the case. :-)

I think I recall Cersei, though, talking about how her mother gave birth to Tyrion and then died as a result, which is one reason why she has such animus (hatred?) toward him. But who knows? Tywin Lannister was a capital 'H' hardass, so anything's possible when it comes to him and what he connived at.

1. Claim doesn't necessarily go be age, but by parentage. Jon's a year older than Dany, but in theory 2nd in line. Theory states that Tyrion is Aerys's son - and Dany's elder brother. And Jon's uncle. And a bastard. To have a claim, he'd have to be legitimized. So if some king (Cersei? Dany after crowned? Sansa?) would have to do it.
  2. Re Cersei - Sure, she hates Tyrion cause his birth killed her mom, but bigger than that, the prophesy says that all her blonde haired kids will die than her younger brother will kill her. She assumes that's Tyrion. (note, she's the eldest, Jamie is also her younger brother)

The two things that I m relative certain, which means that neither us likely to happen as I've been wrong on almost all other speculation, is that there will be triumvirate of Danny, Jon and Tryion ruling the seven kingdoms when it is revealed that both Jon and Tryion are of Targaryean blood.

Second is that Jamie kills Cersei after she commits one more heinous act.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey sorry I missed it!! I am in here alot to be entertained, where was it???
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:

Second is that Jamie kills Cersei after she commits one more heinous act.

She's set the bar pretty high, what with mass murder, mass infanticide (or was it Joffrey which ordered the killing of Roberts bastards?), wiping out the Sept and the Septons, slaughtering their supposed ally (Tyrells), regicide, attempted fratricide, allowing their son to commit suicide, and not GAF about who knows they're in an incestuous affair.

Yeah, there's not a lot left for her to do

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Oh, Jaime's gonna do Cersei, alright. And not in good 'do' way. Probably to protect Brienne or something else noble. These stories all require that the bad guys that become good guys become good guys through some act of redemption. Jaime's been slowly redeeming himself -- in fits and starts -- since he lost his hand and when he went back to save Brienne from that bear in the fighting pit. Did you notice that he tried to push Cersei away when she went up to their chambers for the night? He didn't fight all that hard, granted, but he's gradually growing sick of her sh*t.

It's just like that old adage, sir: No matter how beautiful the woman -- and Cersei's still beautiful -- somewhere out there is a guy sick of her sh*t. ;-)

My take on that was that he didn't want a sympathy suck 'n fuck. He knew she was just doing it to keep him loyal, in light of Eron's hijinx and grand standing.

Not necessarily the result of a gradual getting sick of her shit, but a very direct connect with Euron.

Well, Euron's certainly sensing something, because he's constantly trying to bait Jaime and he fully expects that he's going to have to fight Lannister to the death at some point.

As to the sympathy thing, not so sure. I think Cersei is turned on by the power and by the power struggle that's going on at the moment, and Jaime is the most convenient outlet at the moment for her urges, given she's stringing Euron along, telling him he'll have his "heart's desire" once the war is won. I think Cersei intends to have Ser Gregor deal with him once Euron fully delivers.

But who knows what goes on with Cersei? Without her kids she's turned full-on monster and rabid dog, and the only way you deal with a rabid dog is to put it down, permanently. I still think she's going to get hers (maybe even at Jaime's hand), but not until next season. There's just too much havoc she can create for the remainder of this year.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also pretty confident that Cersei is going to make it to the final season. They're running out of good baddies to replace her with - Euron is a psycho, but he's an entertaining psycho that people will get behind (especially as he has credit in the bank for killing off the Sand Snakes). I think Baelish is going to pull a big nasty surprise at some point, along with Cersei he's the one that people most love to hate.

By the way, pretty sure we're supposed to call him Ser Robert Strong now, not Ser Gregor (at least the books do, I've slightly lost track of the differences between book and screen).
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
I'm also pretty confident that Cersei is going to make it to the final season. They're running out of good baddies to replace her with - Euron is a psycho, but he's an entertaining psycho that people will get behind (especially as he has credit in the bank for killing off the Sand Snakes). I think Baelish is going to pull a big nasty surprise at some point, along with Cersei he's the one that people most love to hate.

By the way, pretty sure we're supposed to call him Ser Robert Strong now, not Ser Gregor (at least the books do, I've slightly lost track of the differences between book and screen).

Yeah, Littlefinger no doubt has a couple of nasty surprises left up his sleeve. Cersei should have had his throat cut back several seasons ago when she had her guards grab him in that courtyard and put a sword to his neck.

I believe that Cersei still refers to the Mountain as "Ser Gregor," which I think is what she referred to him as down in the dungeon when she told Ellaria Sand that she'd considered having "Ser Gregor crush your skull like a duck's egg," or words to that effect.

I'd say that the arc of Ser Gregor's story is somehow tied up with his brother's, Sandor Clegane's (the Hound). Maybe Sandor is destined to finally put down Gregor in a final battle or something. The Hound's own story arc seems to be headed for a redemptive act that permanently ensconces him in the "good guy" camp. Or, at least as "good" a guy a person can be in "Game of Thrones." ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Newheart for the win!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
The ending should be Peter Falk closing the book and a terrified Fred Savage clutching his bed sheets and begging to keep the light on.....

Or, Bob Newhart rolling over and waking up Suzanne Pleschette saying, "Honey, wake up you wont believe the dream I had".

Dany flies off on a dragon, and Tyrion has spelled "GOODBYE" with rocks on the ground

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Billabong wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
The ending should be Peter Falk closing the book and a terrified Fred Savage clutching his bed sheets and begging to keep the light on.....

Or, Bob Newhart rolling over and waking up Suzanne Pleschette saying, "Honey, wake up you wont believe the dream I had".

Dany flies off on a dragon, and Tyrion has spelled "GOODBYE" with rocks on the ground

Now you're really reaching back. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Billabong wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

Now you're really reaching back. ;-)

Dany and Jon fly off on a dragon, and Tyrion and Jorah walk off into the fog talking about their beautiful friendship.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Most-watched finale of any television series and most viewed non-Super Bowl broadcast in TV history has to count for something?

https://en.wikipedia.org/...action_and_aftermath

The 1970 movie was om TCM last weekend, and I grabbed D'Kid to watch for a minute

"The guy with the glasses? He's the President in The Hunger Games"
"Oh yeah! And the Simply Orange commercials"
"And the dude with the mustache ..."
"Ross & Rachel's dad"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Most-watched finale of any television series and most viewed non-Super Bowl broadcast in TV history has to count for something?

The 1970 movie was om TCM last weekend, and I grabbed D'Kid to watch for a minute

"Ross & Rachel's dad"

Yup. I remember that I and a bunch of my buds were at the Gator Gardens, the enlisted club at the Navy amphibious base at Coronado, California, that night to watch the series finale on the big screen TVs the club had set up. Drink specials came out of the fake still that was modeled on the one in the Swamp in the TV series that Trapper John and Hawkeye Pierce so loved. ;-) All the staff were dressed in 4077th Army clothing, too. Memorable time. Especially because it was three-for-one night in honor of the series. LOL!

The spousal unit has never seen the Robert Altman film. I'm gonna have to rectify that when she comes back from her Guard AT. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

"Ross & Rachel's dad"

Caught In Her Majesty's Secret Service yesterday, and my wife could not believe that was Diana Rigg...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stone hottie for sure.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

Yeah, he's Robert Strong now, as if she referred to him as Ser Gregor it'd give the game away that he's died and been reanimated. She only called him this to Ellaria to drive the point home that he survived the duel between him and Oberyn. Just to rub her nose in it.

I would not be suprised if Baelish met an end this series. Everyone expects him to keep on keeping on, but I reckon he'll be sacrificed to the fandom of Sansa.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Baelish gets it very soon, especially where the previews for the next episode showed someone holding the cats paw knife that was once his and was used in the assassination attempt on Bran in the second episode of the first season. If he doesn't get it soon, is only a matter of time and could be either Arya, Brienne, Sansa or even Jon if he ever gets back to Winterfell.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
I think Baelish gets it very soon, especially where the previews for the next episode showed someone holding the cats paw knife that was once his and was used in the assassination attempt on Bran in the second episode of the first season. If he doesn't get it soon, is only a matter of time and could be either Arya, Brienne, Sansa or even Jon if he ever gets back to Winterfell.

Well, they need to do something with him, because all he's doing since the last episode of season six is stand around smirking knowingly. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arya kills Littlefinger
Cersei is impregnated by her brotherlover
The wall comes down
Whitewalker zombie Dragon
Jon and Dany get it on
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [the metazoan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me, Game of Thrones is somewhat like a greek tragedy. I think Dany needs to die at some point, and it will need to be at the hands of someone close to her. She does seem to be getting a bit power hungry but she is still semi-sympathetic, but seems to be getting less sympathetic as this season progresses.

For me, the characters that are most likely to win redemption are Jorah (perhaps by killing Dany when she turns power crazed), Jamie, Sandor and Theon. They've all been through a lot and those experiences have changed them for the better it seems, at least in terms of their insight, although this does not apply to Jorah so much.

For me, Jorah, Sandor and Jamie have always been the most interesting characters in terms of their story arcs.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [the metazoan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the metazoan wrote:
Arya kills Littlefinger
Cersei is impregnated by her brotherlover
The wall comes down
Whitewalker zombie Dragon
Jon and Dany get it on

Was Littlefinger on Arya's death list? ;-)

The rest sounds good. We could make a heavy metal song verse out of all five lines, too. LOL!

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
For me, Jorah, Sandor and Jamie have always been the most interesting characters in terms of their story arcs.

Agreed. Interesting backstories for each, too. Jaime and his killing of the Mad King in order to prevent a full-out genocidal slaughter, Jorah and his being disowned by his father (the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch) and family for being a slaver and his subsequent years-long search for redemption, and Sandor and his painful search for meaning and goodness and the ultimate redemption he, too, must grasp at if his life is to have true worth. Neither of the three men were all bad, either, when the series started out, though each had sinned grievously in the past.

But Sandor Clegane proved that he's worth saving with his rescue of Sansa Stark (as well as his protecting Arya Stark, wonder of wonders) at the hands of that group of commoners during her betrothal to Joffrey (she'd been cut off from the group and had been cornered by the men, who intended to rape and then kill her before the Hound arrived to put an end to them).

Jorah Mormont gradually came to be Dany's greatest protector, even to the point of killing a Dothraki bloodrider in single combat to keep her safe. And Jaime Lannister's path towards redemption began when he went back to save Brienne of Tarth, who was surely going to be mauled to death in the fighting pit by that bear. He's gradually evolved a deeper sensitivity, though he's almost fatally stuck in Cersei's orbit, for many logical reasons, to be honest.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy fucking shit. Episode 4, the spoils of war. One of the best episodes yet. Chills up my spine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

Well, they need to do something with him, because all he's doing since the last episode of season six is stand around smirking knowingly. ;-)

His story arc has been going downhill since he pushed Sansa's crazy aunt out the moon door (Hard to beat that as the high point). I much preferred power hungry Littlefinger to love struck Littlefinger.

I realize he's playing two games (one for the throne and the other for Sansa), but for some reason I preferred the first one better. Plus, him giving Sansa to Ramsay worked out for neither plan.

Maybe I just liked him better when his schemes were working?
Last edited by: timbasile: Aug 5, 17 7:51
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Holy fucking shit. Episode 4, the spoils of war. One of the best episodes yet. Chills up my spine.

Did u find the hacked episode somewhere?

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stal wrote:
fulla wrote:

Did u find the hacked episode somewhere?

I read a spoilerific synopsis on Deadspin

It sounds fucking nuts; tomorrow will be a good day

Quote Reply

Prev Next