Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bq2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess also, Sam's going to find out whilst he's in Oldtown.How Sam gets this info to Jon et al remains to be seen. Maybe he could use the GoT time machine.

Not sure about Jon getting one of Daenrys' dragons though. I'm still holding out for an ice dragon under the wall.

Daenrys' isn't going to attack KL with her dragons - Tyrion knows KL is packed with wildfire and would go up like a tinderbox (queen of ashes?). The season trailers did show the dragons and Dothraki attacking Lannister army, so we should get some decent scorched earth.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sam is going to find something in the old scrolls the archmaester asked him to chronicle last night. It's either about Jon or white walkers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
My guess also, Sam's going to find out whilst he's in Oldtown.How Sam gets this info to Jon et al remains to be seen. Maybe he could use the GoT time machine.

Not sure about Jon getting one of Daenrys' dragons though. I'm still holding out for an ice dragon under the wall.

Daenrys' isn't going to attack KL with her dragons - Tyrion knows KL is packed with wildfire and would go up like a tinderbox (queen of ashes?). The season trailers did show the dragons and Dothraki attacking Lannister army, so we should get some decent scorched earth.

Maybe she'll attack Euron's fleet as well? With that fleet, Cersei rules the seas and can blockade and raid at will. No else except maybe the mercenary fleets out of the Free Cities can stand against that armada.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Sam is going to find something in the old scrolls the archmaester asked him to chronicle last night. It's either about Jon or white walkers.

Yeah, that was definitely a set-up and prelude to something bigger last night.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it will take something material and witnessed, before people accept Jon as a Targaryen. Bran and/or Sam may plant the seed, but no one will accept that.

My guess is Jon's crucible moment with respect to his lineage and Targaryen litmus test will involve a dragon and fire. He rides or bonds a dragon and/or survives being burned. Something of that nature.

I like Dany even less than before after that episode.

Anyone notice a major mistake in how they filmed the two Sand bitches chained up...specifically the chain lengths in that scene's end? Way too much free chain length by a mile, each one of them could have easily just reached up and pulled their gag off and more importantly grabbed Cercei and killed her.

I just don't get the Euron thing. None of it. At all. Zero. Him. His scenes and plot lines. Zilch. Seems very much a distraction to the well developed plot line and major players at this point in the series. He's becoming the sand snakes v.2.

Last edited by: Endo: Jul 31, 17 20:36
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unsullied should have had Sean Connery guide them into The Rock.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JesseN wrote:
Unsullied should have had Sean Connery guide them into The Rock.

Yeah, and then they all could have banged the prom queen. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's part of the GoT psycho ratio. They've got to have at least one on the roster at all times: Joffrey; Ramsay; now Euron.

But in seriousness, he really is the joker in the pack - completely random, and adopting various personas for different audiences. For example: on the rope bridge when he kiled Baelon; to him addressing the ironborn at the kingsmoot; to when he put the moves on Cersei.

Who knows what he really wants in the TV series?

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:

Anyone notice a major mistake in how they filmed the two Sand bitches chained up...specifically the chain lengths in that scene's end? Way too much free chain length by a mile, each one of them could have easily just reached up and pulled their gag off and more importantly grabbed Cercei and killed her.

The Mountain was standing near Cersei. They weren't grabbing Cersei.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that must have sucked. "Didn't my BF kill you? Fuck fuck fuckety fuck".

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
The Mountain was standing near Cersei. They weren't grabbing Cersei.

When Euron entered the Throne Room with his prisoners in tow, did I see TWO FrankenVaders on the steps?

Is Qyburn making an Army of them now?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah, I think that's just the Queen's Guard, same armor. Only one looked freakishly huge.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumor is that Tyrion is also a Targaryen thus fulfilling the prophecy of a 3 headed dragon ruling Westeros. The 3 heads of the dragon being Dany, Jon, and Tyrion. It's also convenient that there are only 3 dragons left in the world.

There's a fair bit of supporting evidence for this theory:
The dragons did not immediately eat Tyrion when he released them from the dungeon
Tyrion said he always wanted a dragon - "even a little one will do"
Tywin's comment "You're no son of mind!"
Targaryens are immune to greyscale and Tyrion showed no symptoms after exposure

If this theory pans out, then Tyrion has the strongest claim to the throne since he's the eldest of the three. He'd make a pretty good king, in my opinion, as he's a good administrator during times of peace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't follow it as close as you all do, but here are my hopes, tho i'm pretty sure they'll all be dashed:

- notwithstanding their age difference, i hope jorah mormont and daenerys find eternal happiness.
- that brienne of tarth comes to fancy tormund giantsbane and they end up with a nice castle in the north.
- that somebody figures out how to cure wights, and that karsi (the wight), once cured, ends up with jon. i like them together.
- illy and sam need to end up ruling house tarly, and to be the warden of something.
- jaqen h'ghar, i hope we're not done with him yet.
- perhaps yara and ellaria will end up together (is yara still alive? i think so), but in the end dickless theon should save the entire day for everybody good, and end up ruling the iron islands.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ending should be Peter Falk closing the book and a terrified Fred Savage clutching his bed sheets and begging to keep the light on.....
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Awesome. I just re-watched that movie a week ago with my kids. Good stuff!
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [buddhabelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! I made a Princess Bride reference in here today, too

What's up with that?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because every day is made a little brighter with a Princess Bride reference.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [riotgear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
riotgear wrote:
Rumor is that Tyrion is also a Targaryen thus fulfilling the prophecy of a 3 headed dragon ruling Westeros. The 3 heads of the dragon being Dany, Jon, and Tyrion. It's also convenient that there are only 3 dragons left in the world.

The dragons did not immediately eat Tyrion when he released them from the dungeon

If this theory pans out, then Tyrion has the strongest claim to the throne since he's the eldest of the three. He'd make a pretty good king, in my opinion, as he's a good administrator during times of peace.

That would be one HELL of a plot twist, and I hope that turns out to be the case. :-)

I think I recall Cersei, though, talking about how her mother gave birth to Tyrion and then died as a result, which is one reason why she has such animus (hatred?) toward him. But who knows? Tywin Lannister was a capital 'H' hardass, so anything's possible when it comes to him and what he connived at.

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i don't follow it as close as you all do, but here are my hopes, tho i'm pretty sure they'll all be dashed:

- notwithstanding their age difference, i hope jorah mormont and daenerys find eternal happiness.
- that brienne of tarth comes to fancy tormund giantsbane and they end up with a nice castle in the north.
- that somebody figures out how to cure wights, and that karsi (the wight), once cured, ends up with jon. i like them together.
- illy and sam need to end up ruling house tarly, and to be the warden of something.
- jaqen h'ghar, i hope we're not done with him yet.
- perhaps yara and ellaria will end up together (is yara still alive? i think so), but in the end dickless theon should save the entire day for everybody good, and end up ruling the iron islands.

-- Jorah Mormont's definitely got a big part to play in Dany's story arc, that's for sure. I don't know about eternal happiness, but maybe he gives his life for her at the penultimate moment?

-- Brienne and Jaime's fates are intertwined. Maybe Jaime gives his life for hers when they're fighting the white walkers in the final battle? (If such a battle takes place, that is.) Olenna Tyrell, who took a draught of poison from Jaime Lannister after Highgarden fell to his army, predicted that he'd end up dying (and not naturally, and old and in his bed), and what better way than giving it all up for Brienne? ;-)

-- I'm with you on Jaqen H'ghar. Dude's too cool not to have a role in the upcoming festivities.

-- Yara Greyjoy is still alive. Euron is pictured leading her away after depositing Ellaria and Tyene Sand in front of Cersei. Probably going to do all kinds of evil uncle things to her. And you're right about Theon, as well: he has to go through a little internal hell before he can cast off the Reek persona for good, and he will, at which point he'll do something legendary and heroic -- including killing Euron in mortal combat that will forever erase the stain of his betrayal of the Starks and of Yara, when he jumped off the ship and ran away rather than face Euron at that time and save her.

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
The ending should be Peter Falk closing the book and a terrified Fred Savage clutching his bed sheets and begging to keep the light on.....

Or, Bob Newhart rolling over and waking up Suzanne Pleschette saying, "Honey, wake up you wont believe the dream I had".

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both RandMart and I have mentioned this possible ending: Jon and Danny in the NJ diner eating onion rings and flipping through the jukebox. Just need a Lannister soldier in a Members Only jacket to slip in and out of the men's room to make it complete.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
riotgear wrote:

That would be one HELL of a plot twist, and I hope that turns out to be the case. :-)

I think I recall Cersei, though, talking about how her mother gave birth to Tyrion and then died as a result, which is one reason why she has such animus (hatred?) toward him. But who knows? Tywin Lannister was a capital 'H' hardass, so anything's possible when it comes to him and what he connived at.

1. Claim doesn't necessarily go be age, but by parentage. Jon's a year older than Dany, but in theory 2nd in line. Theory states that Tyrion is Aerys's son - and Dany's elder brother. And Jon's uncle. And a bastard. To have a claim, he'd have to be legitimized. So if some king (Cersei? Dany after crowned? Sansa?) would have to do it.
  2. Re Cersei - Sure, she hates Tyrion cause his birth killed her mom, but bigger than that, the prophesy says that all her blonde haired kids will die than her younger brother will kill her. She assumes that's Tyrion. (note, she's the eldest, Jamie is also her younger brother)

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, Jaime's gonna do Cersei, alright. And not in good 'do' way. Probably to protect Brienne or something else noble. These stories all require that the bad guys that become good guys become good guys through some act of redemption. Jaime's been slowly redeeming himself -- in fits and starts -- since he lost his hand and when he went back to save Brienne from that bear in the fighting pit. Did you notice that he tried to push Cersei away when she went up to their chambers for the night? He didn't fight all that hard, granted, but he's gradually growing sick of her sh*t.

It's just like that old adage, sir: No matter how beautiful the woman -- and Cersei's still beautiful -- somewhere out there is a guy sick of her sh*t. ;-)

Last edited by: big kahuna: Aug 1, 17 16:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Oh, Jaime's gonna do Cersei, alright. And not in good 'do' way. Probably to protect Brienne or something else noble. These stories all require that the bad guys that become good guys become good guys through some act of redemption. Jaime's been slowly redeeming himself -- in fits and starts -- since he lost his hand and when he went back to save Brienne from that bear in the fighting pit. Did you notice that he tried to push Cersei away when she went up to their chambers for the night? He didn't fight all that hard, granted, but he's gradually growing sick of her sh*t.

It's just like that old adage, sir: No matter how beautiful the woman -- and Cersei's still beautiful -- somewhere out there is a guy sick of her sh*t. ;-)

My take on that was that he didn't want a sympathy suck 'n fuck. He knew she was just doing it to keep him loyal, in light of Eron's hijinx and grand standing.

Not necessarily the result of a gradual getting sick of her shit, but a very direct connect with Euron.

Quote Reply

Prev Next