Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still rooting for Daenerys . Jon Snow is starting to get annoying.

Another rushed episode last night. It seemed like they tried to jam what could have been another 2 episodes into the last few mins.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's a monster yes, but the speech about Myrcella may have been the first time she seemed human, including her walk of atonement.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Still rooting for Daenerys . Jon Snow is starting to get annoying. He is good at brooding.

Another rushed episode last night. It seemed like they tried to jam what could have been another 2 episodes into the last few mins.

Things will change once the Three Eyed Raven talks to Jon.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Last edited by: Billabong: Jul 31, 17 6:40
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
And am I the only one who felt a small bit of sympathy for Cersei last night

Probably. She made her own bed.

Am I the only one who noticed that the strong women in the show have taken a decided turn for the worse? Welcome to reality, ladies.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Still rooting for Daenerys . Jon Snow is starting to get annoying. He is good at brooding.

Does Brandon really know Jon's lineage? I assume that, being a bastard still, he has no claim on Dany's throne.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And that old lady was one tough bird right to the end.

Yup, she'll be missed where she was always good for a great zinger or two in each episode.

One thing that I'm curious about is the prophecy that Melisandre eluded to with Varys, certainly seemed to get his attention and that is twice now that he has been visibly unnerved by something that a red priestess has told him. Whatever he whispered to Dany when she was having her pissing match with Jon also quickly changed her tone as well.

I laughed out loud at Davos' introduction of Jon after the lengthy listing of titles.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:

Yup, she'll be missed where she was always good for a great zinger or two in each episode.

One thing that I'm curious about is the prophecy that Melisandre eluded to with Varys, certainly seemed to get his attention and that is twice now that he has been visibly unnerved by something that a red priestess has told him. Whatever he whispered to Dany when she was having her pissing match with Jon also quickly changed her tone as well.

I laughed out loud at Davos' introduction of Jon after the lengthy listing of titles.

I assumed that was news of the loss of the rest of her fleet at Casterly Rock.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes he does. Bran had the flashback dream where Ned promises Lyanna to take care of Jon. Bran knows Jon's father is Rhaegar. I think Bran will have to convince Dany of this, but once he does, Dany will not be able to "hold" Jon as a "prisoner" anymore. She also cannot expect him to bend the knee.

This means Sansa will be the "Queen in the North" as Bran doesn't want it. Sansa won't bend the knee but will rely on Jon's new found relationship with Dany to smooth that over and defend the North.

BB
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [buddhabelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
buddhabelly wrote:
Yes he does. Bran had the flashback dream where Ned promises Lyanna to take care of Jon. Bran knows Jon's father is Rhaegar. I think Bran will have to convince Dany of this, but once he does, Dany will not be able to "hold" Jon as a "prisoner" anymore. She also cannot expect him to bend the knee.

So Lyanna was whispering just so the TV audience couldn't hear it?

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

I assumed that was news of the loss of the rest of her fleet at Casterly Rock.

I thought it was news of the first loss of the fleet ? I thought they mentioned 2 or 3 ships surviving. Didn't they cut right to the scene of theon / reek being pulled from the water?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
We knew she was going to torture Eliaria Sand but that is straight up Wicked.

I am looking forward to the look on Cersi's face when she finds out who really killed Joffrey.

Judging by her soliloquy in the dungeon, I don't think she cares who REALLY killed Joffrey

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:

If he is so "all-knowing, and all-seeing" why doesn't Bran let someone know where Arya is or send a boat out to find Gendry?

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Billabong wrote:

If he is so "all-knowing, and all-seeing" why doesn't Bran let someone know where Arya is or send a boat out to find Gendry?

What was the quote he used last night? I know all the things that have happened, or something like that. Not the present not the future. But there is still more for him to learn.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In that case, maybe he knows she travelled to Braavos then and was in the House of Black & White? Then left to kill all the Freys?

Do they know about that at Winterfell, Dragonstone or Kings Landing yet?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well it is a "drama" series, no?
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [buddhabelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danaery's certainly seemed interested in Sir Davos' "he was stabbed in the heart" story. Even when Tyrion tried to explain it away as embellishment, she didn't seem convinced. I wonder if the Mellisandre told Dany something before she took off.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Danaery's certainly seemed interested in Sir Davos' "he was stabbed in the heart" story. Even when Tyrion tried to explain it away as embellishment, she didn't seem convinced. I wonder if the Mellisandre told Dany something before she took off.

She did tell her to bring Jon Snow down and hear from him what he'd been through. Perhaps she put the two together.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just read this quote about last night show

Tyrion built himself a HOE-DOOR

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Leddy wrote:

Yes. Bran's going to spill the beans to the King in the North for sure. Probably about a lot of stuff.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:

I suspect that Varys has heard a similar prophecy before. He pretty much threatened Melisandre's life in that scene. And she referred to him as "my spider," so she certainly knows more about him than he's aware.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
mck414 wrote:

She did tell her to bring Jon Snow down and hear from him what he'd been through. Perhaps she put the two together.

I'm just hoping that Jon and Dany don't become overly attracted to each other and end up going down the Cersei-Jaime road, even if they're not brother and sister and never find out they're blood to each other. Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, making him Dany's nephew. That's too close on the family tree for comfort.

Cersei Lannister (Baratheon), bitch that she is, has NO claim to the Iron Throne and neither did her three children, only one of whom really deserved to die (and I can see why Cersei would torture Ellaria Sand in the manner she's chosen).

Jon Snow is, in Ser Davos's words, "a damn bastard," so his claim to the Iron Throne is tenuous at best.

Daenerys Targaryen still seems to have the strongest legitimate claim to throne, which is one reason Robert Baratheon was sending assassins her way.

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At present Daenrys has the strongest claim to the throne. However... if Jon's parentage was well known, and his Tygarean father was also revealed to have married his Stark mother, he's not a bastard: he's true born Tygarean, and the first in line for the throne.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
At present Daenrys has the strongest claim to the throne. However... if Jon's parentage was well known, and his Tygarean father was also revealed to have married his Stark mother, he's not a bastard: he's true born Tygarean, and the first in line for the throne.

Yup. My guess is Rhaegar did marry Lyanna and Bran is going to reveal that to Jon, but how would Jon go about proving it so (if he were even inclined in that direction)? Ned's sword fight with possible witnesses to the marriage -- Ser Arthur Dayne and his seconds -- put paid to that when Ned's second, Howland Reed, killed Dayne. Maybe there are other witnesses, such as the midwife in the Tower of Joy? Just a thought.

But yes; as Rhaegar was Dany's eldest brother, if Jon were in fact a true-born son of his he'd have the strongest claim of all.

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is Sam is going to find a reference to Jon's mom and dad actually got married. Even if not, once Dany finds out that Jon is her nephew, no need for him to bend the knee anymore and she will offer up more support. And he gets his own dragon
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bq2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bq2001 wrote:
My guess is Sam is going to find a reference to Jon's mom and dad actually got married. Even if not, once Dany finds out that Jon is her nephew, no need for him to bend the knee anymore and she will offer up more support. And he gets his own dragon

Now that she's lost her fleet and her Unsullied are stuck at Casterly Rock, leaving only her Dothraki behind, I think that Dany is going to head off to King's Landing on one of her dragons, with the others following along, to attack the place and several of ex-maester Qyburn's infernal mechanized arrows takes them out. Dany falls into Blackwater Bay on the back of her favorite, Drogon, but survives.

Quote Reply

Prev Next