Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
We know how long its been because they showed Sam's girlfriends baby who looked to be between 2-3 years old, probably closer to two. He was a less than a year old last season.

It's amazing how many ships you can build when you're properly motivated. Like if you have a psychotic for a king who'll personally cleave your skull with an ax if you falter or fail. ;-)

Amazing what you can build without regulations, environmental studies and the like.

True dat. AND he was able to invent radar for his ships to track down the Greyjoy siblings!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about is Yara dead ? I originally thought she was but I rewatched the naval scene again. I don't thinks that's her hung firom the front of the ship as Euron sails away. It's the two sisters who died.

Oh and they also had some kind of metal sheeting inside the new ships that were built in a day. So add blacksmithing skills to that quick turn around.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yara is not dead. Yet. That was 2 of the sand snakes on the boat.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:

X2. Euron took Yara, Ellaria and her daughter Tyene, the third Sand Snake, captive. I'm guessing he's going to parade them in chains when he gets back to King's Landing.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:

On another note: Jesus, but those three were fairly useless when it got down to the short strokes. What a waste of film on the trio.

Last edited by: big kahuna: Jul 25, 17 18:18
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not all worthless. Tyene Sand gave us this scene.

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's true. We'll always have her and Bronn, right? ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking of Bronn, we haven't seen what he's up to this season yet.....
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
Speaking of Bronn, we haven't seen what he's up to this season yet.....

Whoring and fighting his way through Westeros, no doubt. Because he's Sir Bronn of the Blackwater. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

X2. Euron took Yara, Ellaria and her daughter Tyene, the third Sand Snake, captive. I'm guessing he's going to parade them in chains when he gets back to King's Landing.

AKA the only one who's been topless...

The other two were displayed by their own weapons - older one skewered by her spear on the bow, and the girl from Iron Fist hung by her whip. One or two of them are the girt he mentioned last week - defiantly Ellaria, she killed a Lannister - Asha/Yara might be for Euron's own ends, she's the only one who has another claim to his throne.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

AKA the only one who's been topless...

The other two were displayed by their own weapons - older one skewered by her spear on the bow, and the girl from Iron Fist hung by her whip. One or two of them are the girt he mentioned last week - defiantly Ellaria, she killed a Lannister - Asha/Yara might be for Euron's own ends, she's the only one who has another claim to his throne.

Yup. We watched that series (Iron Fist) in its entirety (so far) earlier this year, and that's how my wife identified her in GoT; as "that girl from Iron Fist." ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was talking with a co worker yesterday who thought it was Yara. What sealed it for me was how they were hanging. From memory yesterday I couldn't say definitively if it was her or not.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
I was talking with a co worker yesterday who thought it was Yara. What sealed it for me was how they were hanging. From memory yesterday I couldn't say definitively if it was her or not.

If he was going to kill her right away he'd have gutted her in front of Theon/Reek. He has something else planned for her, something that he thinks will remove Tyrion/Dany from the equation. They're still sitting on the other half of the fleet, the one that's taking the Unsullied and the Dothraki to Casterly Rock. He may or may not know about that. From the previews, which show the Unsullied in combat with some other force, a force that looks like the Lannister army, he may not be expecting that bold of a move. It's kind of like MacArthur at Inchon. It caught the North Koreans with their pants down.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

If it was Yara, it would have been made really clear. And they would have shown her death. She's a major character.

I think the whole ship to ship battle scene's sole purpose was to contrive a way to give the fans what they wanted and mark a definitive end to what is the worst debacle in the show, which is the sand snakes and their mother, and well, really all of Dorne as a plot line.

I guess they'll string it out for another episode and we can watch Cercei torture and kill momma dorne and the remaining stupid sand snake.

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
j p o wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:
Very intense episode last night. You knew that Euron and Yara would cross paths at some point, but even still that was a pretty wild battle scene; Theon morphed back into Reek but I can't imagine that's the last we'll see of him treading water among the wreckage (maybe Gendry rows by and picks him up?). I have to think that Varys tipped them off after the opening confrontation with Dany - Euron could very well have been heading towards Dragonstone anyway but it seemed too coincidental to just have them show up and attack, and also take Ellaria as "the gift".

I thought Arya was going to encounter White Walkers when her horse was spooked and you could suddenly see her breath. She had the best line in the episode when she was at the inn talking to Hot Pie: "You've been baking pies?" "One or two".

It was a little strange at first to see many of the characters from the different storylines throughout the series finally come together. I joked to my wife during Dany's strategy meeting that is like a meeting of the Justice League.

I hope that is true. Otherwise we are left with one side having perfect scouting and the other side being fuckall stupid.

Yeah, this was the one plot point last night that was just waaay to convenient, to have the two armadas meet up. I hope Varys or the old Tyrell woman had a hand in it.

The storyline is moving so fast in these episodes, I can tell it is losing story quality.

As each season goes on, the more and more I dislike Dany. At the core she is an entitled, megalomaniac, petulant tyrant and conquer. I think she's a bit of a sociopath also. My guess is that at the end of this series, Dany is dead. I don't think we'll see the story end with Jon and Dany living happily ever after, either together or separate.

I also think the White Walkers may not end up being all bad. There is more to their background and motivations. As we've seen time and time again, there are no true bad or good people in GoT. There always seems to be two sides of the coin and I don't think we've seen the other side of the Night King's coin.

Only up to this part of the thread, but yes, am pretty sure Dany will end up dead. I think it would be good to see Jorah do it, given their complicated relationship and that he is a true man of honour who will do what he thinks is best. I think we will see a bit of a descent into darkness for Dany. She has the trappings of a tyrant in the making.

What some mistake for leadership is really just demagogy. Which is usually not a good mode of leadership given what it led us to in the 20th century (and hopefully doesn't lead us anywhere in the 21st century).
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Endo wrote:
j p o wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:
Very intense episode last night. You knew that Euron and Yara would cross paths at some point, but even still that was a pretty wild battle scene; Theon morphed back into Reek but I can't imagine that's the last we'll see of him treading water among the wreckage (maybe Gendry rows by and picks him up?). I have to think that Varys tipped them off after the opening confrontation with Dany - Euron could very well have been heading towards Dragonstone anyway but it seemed too coincidental to just have them show up and attack, and also take Ellaria as "the gift".

I thought Arya was going to encounter White Walkers when her horse was spooked and you could suddenly see her breath. She had the best line in the episode when she was at the inn talking to Hot Pie: "You've been baking pies?" "One or two".

It was a little strange at first to see many of the characters from the different storylines throughout the series finally come together. I joked to my wife during Dany's strategy meeting that is like a meeting of the Justice League.

I hope that is true. Otherwise we are left with one side having perfect scouting and the other side being fuckall stupid.

Yeah, this was the one plot point last night that was just waaay to convenient, to have the two armadas meet up. I hope Varys or the old Tyrell woman had a hand in it.

The storyline is moving so fast in these episodes, I can tell it is losing story quality.

As each season goes on, the more and more I dislike Dany. At the core she is an entitled, megalomaniac, petulant tyrant and conquer. I think she's a bit of a sociopath also. My guess is that at the end of this series, Dany is dead. I don't think we'll see the story end with Jon and Dany living happily ever after, either together or separate.

I also think the White Walkers may not end up being all bad. There is more to their background and motivations. As we've seen time and time again, there are no true bad or good people in GoT. There always seems to be two sides of the coin and I don't think we've seen the other side of the Night King's coin.

Only up to this part of the thread, but yes, am pretty sure Dany will end up dead. I think it would be good to see Jorah do it, given their complicated relationship and that he is a true man of honour who will do what he thinks is best. I think we will see a bit of a descent into darkness for Dany. She has the trappings of a tyrant in the making.

What some mistake for leadership is really just demagogy. Which is usually not a good mode of leadership given what it led us to in the 20th century (and hopefully doesn't lead us anywhere in the 21st century).

I think we are already seeing that with her pointing out last week that Jon Snow must "bend the knee". Seems to me she hasn't been that interested up until the last few episodes in that sort of showboating. She really seems to be changing now that she is so close to the throne.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
I think we are already seeing that with her pointing out last week that Jon Snow must "bend the knee". Seems to me she hasn't been that interested up until the last few episodes in that sort of showboating. She really seems to be changing now that she is so close to the throne.

Also, Lady Olenna gave Dany some advice during that war council scene, both at the beginning of the scene and at its end. In the beginning, after Dany told them that she didn't want to be a "Queen of the ashes," Olenna observed the following:

"I can't remember a queen who was better loved than my granddaughter . . . and what is left of her now? Ashes."

Olenna closes that remark with this: "Commoners, nobles, they're all just children, really. They won't obey you unless they fear you." (By the way, Cersei said something similar way back in the day, during the Battle of the Blackwater.)

At the end of the scene, when Olenna and Dany are discussing things privately, the elder lady tells the younger lady to be what she needs to be: "Be a dragon."

That's foreshadowing all the way, folks. ;-)

Last edited by: big kahuna: Jul 27, 17 8:04
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
klehner wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:
Great (and gross) transition last night from a closeup of Sam removing the greyscale with all the pus oozing out, to the juice flowing from the pie crust as Arya prepared to take a bite.

That was one of the Lannister soldiers, not Arya. But still awesome.

I like how they reconnect storylines from the past (like with the baker boy).

"The secret is browning the butter before adding it to the dough. Most people don't do that because it takes up too much time"
"Hm, I don't do that"
"You've been making pies?"
"One or two"

http://io9.gizmodo.com/...as-a-real-1797296570

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, Cersei and the Lannisters are certainly holding the whip hand right now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We knew she was going to torture Eliaria Sand but that is straight up Wicked.

I am looking forward to the look on Cersi's face when she finds out who really killed Joffrey.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones speculation thread [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
We knew she was going to torture Eliaria Sand but that is straight up Wicked.

I am looking forward to the look on Cersi's face when she finds out who really killed Joffrey.

Yeah, that was a good twist, but it was right out there for everyone to see, if you look back to Season 4. And that old lady was one tough bird right to the end.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was hoping she had poisoned that wine pitcher herself and then convinced Jamie to,drink,w her.

And am I the only one who felt a small bit of sympathy for Cersei last night
Last edited by: bluemonkeytri: Jul 31, 17 5:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I admire you for having sympathy for her. I find her the worst.

I have a weird question for everyone. Does anyone else have a hard time rooting for anyone because they see kings and queens as total bullshit? I love the side characters like shorty smart guy, fatty smarty awesome, little assassin bad ass, Ice king and all the like. I just can't stand nor care for the big boys and girls talking about the throne. Dragon Queeny McAnnoying is getting on my last nerve. The 12 hour bend the knee witless fest between Bleach Blonde and Personality Destroyer killed me. I just find fighting for power, in fiction or real life, pathetic and deeply sad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
And am I the only one who felt a small bit of sympathy for Cersei last night

i suspect so.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next