Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a triathlete/runner, i know how races can be expensive when you start to travel aboard with the Bike, hotel-airbnb,....i would like to share with you a project i'm working on.
TRANSMUTE, a peer to peer currency exchange App which will be available soon. It will be free and will allow you to be in contact with people who are interested in getting the currency you have and you the currency they have. That way no need to pay extra fees at the ATM or get your cash at a bad exchange rate. It will also work when you come back in the US with some leftover currency, you might find interesting to exchange it with someone near you.
Just have a look on your rest day or if you do some cycling trainers :
http://www.transmuteapp.com
If you are interested in following us there is the facebook and twitter on the bottom of the page.

Enjoy your training guys! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [FlorianNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlorianNYC wrote:
As a triathlete/runner, i know how races can be expensive when you start to travel aboard with the Bike, hotel-airbnb,....i would like to share with you a project i'm working on.
TRANSMUTE, a peer to peer currency exchange App which will be available soon. It will be free and will allow you to be in contact with people who are interested in getting the currency you have and you the currency they have. That way no need to pay extra fees at the ATM or get your cash at a bad exchange rate. It will also work when you come back in the US with some leftover currency, you might find interesting to exchange it with someone near you.
Just have a look on your rest day or if you do some cycling trainers :
http://www.transmuteapp.com
If you are interested in following us there is the facebook and twitter on the bottom of the page.

Enjoy your training guys! :)

Not sure you're allowed to promote other businesses here, but currencyfair.com already does that. So do a few other sites.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [trijunkie123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're also charging Elite/pro athletes this year. Heather and I are sponsored by Louis Garneau, who now make a very nice ITU legal suit. Tri Can is making us buy from Project and pay for shipping from Australia if we want to compete at the Long Course WC in Penticton...and get our own logos put on. It's insane. Who from Tri Canada is profiting off the Project Clothing "Sponsorship". It has got to be some sort of inside deal crap.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [T-Wurt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Canadian pros boycotted when Tri-Canada is hosting I bet they would not pull that stunt again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very odd indeed (the whole Project thing). Having said that I guess you can understand them trying to keep everyone in one suit for maintaining brand awareness?

Are many from ST still going? I wonder if we could arrange a meet-up pre-race outside of the regular Tri Can stuff? I know they've a FB group up under the most vaguely-named title!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [RonanIRL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone received their kit yet?

Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [tristorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're supposed to have shipped today
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RonanIRL wrote:
They're supposed to have shipped today

Thanks! I was wondering when I'll have to pony up for the taxes and duties :/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard from a couple of athletes who contacted Project that shipping is delayed till July 10th.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yikes! sizing etc better be spot on- that doesn't leave a lot of time for remediation. Tri Can needs to give their respective heads a shake.

Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [tristorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got lucky and had a chance to try on a Project suit from a friend's previous trip to Worlds before I ordered. Crossing my fingers that the sizing/fit hasn't changed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"They're also charging Elite/pro athletes this year. Heather and I are sponsored by Louis Garneau, who now make a very nice ITU legal suit. Tri Can is making us buy from Project and pay for shipping from Australia if we want to compete at the Long Course WC in Penticton...and get our own logos put on. It's insane. Who from Tri Canada is profiting off the Project Clothing "Sponsorship". It has got to be some sort of inside deal crap."

I won't wade into whether Tri Can should be comping suits for elites... I also won't wade into the merits of the rules themselves. But I can answer to the issue of why you have to wear the kit from Project, and can't wear your LG "ITU legal" suit... For major events such as world championships (and olympics) and WTS, there is a catalogue of approved kit designs for each country, and they can only have limited options (usually two designs per gender) and are almost always sponsor correct to the national federation. I believe the intent is for a harmonious look across the team at the event, but it's not a Tri Can thing, it's an ITU thing. Showing up with a kit outside of the approved designs will result in either not being allowed to start, or having to wear a generic ITU kit for the race. There is more leeway at other events like continental cup races, but not at the ITU WC level.

There's more info available in the ITU Uniform rules (you can also view the approved design catalogues on the ITU Website in the documents section)...

An ITU Legal suit means it meets the basic uniform guidelines for ITU events (in terms of zipper sizing and placement, fabrics, and likely the presence of the ITU logo), but for top tier events, that's not enough, because the design has to be approved for your national federation (from what is said in the rules, the intent appears to be two fold, a harmonious look for each national team, and so that the kits of different countries are fairly distinct from one another).

I'm not defending the rules, but in this situation, this is doesn't look like a case of Tri Can trying to cash in, it's a case of them sticking to the Uniform rules.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We also have population that is is one tenth the size of the US. Less people going for those spots.

NCCP certified Comp coach
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never happen.

I demanded and got a refund on my Project clothing and entered the open wave.

Screw trican and it's mandatory uniform crap.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Never happen.

I demanded and got a refund on my Project clothing and entered the open wave.

Screw trican and it's mandatory uniform crap.

Yeah, the pros have never been able to organize effectively. However, as noted above, it is possibly the ITU, not Tri-Can, that is behind the uniform rules. Seems silly though.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are links:

Uniform Catalogues: http://www.triathlon.org/.../uniforms_catalogues
and the rules: http://www.triathlon.org/...ition-rules_2017.pdf (starting on page 138 (Appendix F, #4 explains the limits around kit designs, as I had explained above))

the uniform rules also give the regulations around adding sponsor logos to the kit (size and placement).
Last edited by: Trauma: Jun 28, 17 8:22
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone get a ship notification from FedEx yet? According to email from TriCan kits were supposed to start shipping June 27 and we'd get a ship notification from Fedex

Proud Kiwami Ambassador/Team Member
ask me anything about:
https://kiwamitri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On FB Group the latest was July 10th
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No notification yet, but people have started to get their kits according to the Tri Can FB group for Penticton... If you don't have a shipping confirmation or your package by July 7th, then you should follow up with Project, according to Tri Can...
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup I'll email to see what's up. Thanks

Proud Kiwami Ambassador/Team Member
ask me anything about:
https://kiwamitri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who from Tri Canada is profiting off the Project Clothing "Sponsorship".

Yep. Just follow the money.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RonanIRL wrote:
On FB Group the latest was July 10th
^^Yep, this.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU65SlPhyGX/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWAELYvl7Db/

Same country different kits.

I saw athletes wearing other kits in Cozumel ITU said nothing as long as the suit had ITU/surname/country code/logos done right

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Canada WTF???? [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe both of those kit styles are in the catalogue, but those are also at WTS races, rather than a world championship, where they tend to be more flexible when it comes to enforcement (also worth noting the approved kit catalogue is different for AGers than elites)... I suppose you could roll the dice and show up with a different kit, but depending on who you get as an official controlling your kit, you may not be allowed to start... (as much as the price is steep, I'd rather spend the extra $200 on the right kit, then travel all that way to be told to go home...)

Not sure about Cozumel since I wasn't there, so I can't comment on that one... Some countries have a couple of very distinct kit options in the catalogue, it varies by National Federation. But again, I wasn't there and didn't see the variations that were worn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trijunkie123 wrote:
Anyone get a ship notification from FedEx yet? According to email from TriCan kits were supposed to start shipping June 27 and we'd get a ship notification from Fedex

NO. I sent an email as such and was told to send an email to project if I had not heard anything by July 7. I am not feeling confident.
Quote Reply

Prev Next