Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you read the comments on Bleacher Report?

"Man, this guy cannot stop killing!"

"Well, at least he died doing what he loved."

"I guess he decided to suspend himself before Goodell could do it."

"Hernandez just took out a serial killer! The NFL should retire his jersey for that!"

"Sad. He had his whole life sentence ahead of him ..."

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
I read a comment on a Yahoo article: "he died doing what he loved - killing people"

Sad but good. Why will an autopsy and investigation take place when the cause of death is known?

Because his attorney tweeted out this morning that this could be murder. No, I am not kidding.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
travelmama wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
I read a comment on a Yahoo article: "he died doing what he loved - killing people"

Sad but good. Why will an autopsy and investigation take place when the cause of death is known?

Because his attorney tweeted out this morning that this could be murder. No, I am not kidding.

That's not absurd
Quote Reply
Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
More on the abatement process, would also invalidate any civil proceedings against him. Basically giving the finger to the victim's families on the way out:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/...Aze0ttpvJ/story.html
Fucking lawyers.
Quote Reply
Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
travelmama wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

That's not absurd

Sure it is and it is irresponsible for an officers of the court to make a comment like that without any inkling of support.

Quote Reply
Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
........ I won't bemoan his death .......He was a ..... morally corrupt human.

This.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
travelmama wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Not out of the realm of possibility; seems highly unlikely BUT where is his motive for suicide at this particular juncture, vs someone elses motive now that he has a sliver of a chance to see the free world again? Is there anything that he has on someone else inside? He's also a celebrity prisoner, that's never a good thing.

I'd say the chances of him being murdered are almost zero, but they're not zero. I heard a CO on the radio this morning say the state police investigate all prison suicides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
JSA wrote:
travelmama wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Not out of the realm of possibility; seems highly unlikely BUT where is his motive for suicide at this particular juncture, vs someone elses motive now that he has a sliver of a chance to see the free world again? Is there anything that he has on someone else inside? He's also a celebrity prisoner, that's never a good thing.

I'd say the chances of him being murdered are almost zero, but they're not zero. I heard a CO on the radio this morning say the state police investigate all prison suicides.

1. He just won acquittal on his latest murder charge, but, after, his attorney had to remind him he still have a life sentence without the possibility of parole. The emotional high and low is a trigger.

2. Today is the day the Patriots visit the White House. Reminder of what he threw away.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this sounds odd, but maybe he was more comfortable in prison and the possibility of getting out and being absolutely broke scared him.

Being convicted of multiple murders might have helped his stature in prison.

I'm looking for odd explanations because his suicide at this point is odd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

1. He just won acquittal on his latest murder charge, but, after, his attorney had to remind him he still have a life sentence without the possibility of parole. The emotional high and low is a trigger.

2. Today is the day the Patriots visit the White House. Reminder of what he threw away.
Again, I'm not saying it's likely, only possible. You have to admit it's a bit odd for him to have done this just after the acquittal. Being convicted to life in prison a year ago, sitting through weeks of the double-murder trial, getting acquitted, hearing from his lawyer that this might prove helpful on appeal and then deciding to kill himself.

If someone took him out they would have to have drugged him, choked him out, something, so there'd be fairly clear evidence in an autopsy imo. I just don't entirely rule that option out, as unlikely as it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I know this sounds odd, but maybe he was more comfortable in prison and the possibility of getting out and being absolutely broke scared him.

Being convicted of multiple murders might have helped his stature in prison.

I'm looking for odd explanations because his suicide at this point is odd.

I don't think it is that odd. I really think he went through a roller coaster of emotion in winning his last trial, then having the reality that it really did not matter sink in.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
Why now? It's bizarre, but so has been this entire story.

Because as I said, he has discovered that prison isn't fun. And yeah, some day he might get out, but until then he's stuck in his own personal hell.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
travelmama wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

That's not absurd

Sure it is and it is irresponsible for an officers of the court to make a comment like that without any inkling of support.

So no one is ever murdered in prison?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Not when they are locked in their own cell at night.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
travelmama wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

That's not absurd

The reports I read said he was in a single cell and had barricaded the door inside to apparently keep help from getting in easily. That doesn't sound like murder, unless Ellen Page did it.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
travelmama wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

That's not absurd

Lynching?
Quote Reply
Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:

I'm with Brownie it's unlikely but not outside the realm of possibility
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
travelmama wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

That's not absurd

Far fewer than are murdered on the streets of Chicago.

Suicide is the leading cause of deaths in prison, followed by heart disease.

I know you are struggling to make a point here, but you are failing miserably.

Quote Reply
Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:

Because as I said, he has discovered that prison isn't fun. And yeah, some day he might get out, but until then he's stuck in his own personal hell.
And as I said, he was sentenced to life in prison a year ago. The timing is odd, that's my only point...a few days after an acquittal that gave him a sliver of hope.

He almost certainly did it but JSA highlighted my comment about not having much motive at this time; I'm merely saying that the timing is odd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
travelmama wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

That's not absurd

Far fewer than are murdered on the streets of Chicago.

Suicide is the leading cause of deaths in prison, followed by heart disease.

I know you are struggling to make a point here, but you are failing miserably.

I'm just saying that the idea he was murdered is not outside the realm of possibility. That's all. you've adopted an absolute position I have not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:

That's a hell of a trick ....

Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing unit in the maximum security state prison. He hanged himself using a bed sheet that he attached to a cell window, Fallon said.

Hernandez tried to block the cell door from the inside by jamming the door with various items, Fallon said.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:

Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing unit in the maximum security state prison. He hanged himself using a bed sheet that he attached to a cell window, Fallon said.

Hernandez tried to block the cell door from the inside by jamming the door with various items, Fallon said.

Wonderful still doesn't mitigate my point
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

I'm just saying that the idea he was murdered is not outside the realm of possibility. That's all. you've adopted an absolute position I have not.

It is also within the realm of possibility that he wet his bed and was hanging the sheets from the window to dry when he got the sheets wrapped around his neck, slipped, and fell, accidently strangling himself.

But, it would be irresponsible (albeit less so) for his attorney to tweet that story.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:

Wonderful still doesn't mitigate my point

Seriously??? Ok, then you are beyond help.

Wow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:

And as I said, he was sentenced to life in prison a year ago. The timing is odd, that's my only point...a few days after an acquittal that gave him a sliver of hope.

He almost certainly did it but JSA highlighted my comment about not having much motive at this time; I'm merely saying that the timing is odd.

Get busy living... or get busy dying. That's God Damned right.

Quote Reply

Prev Next