Duffy wrote:
TomkR wrote:
Yeah, facts be damned, carry on.

ok.

Trump - "Obama tapped me wires"

Media - "prove it"

Trump - "you reported it"

Media "we lied".

Either way, still a cluster fuck of idiots echoing back and forth.

But I had forgotten that the anti-Trump is never to questioned. Even when questioning also makes Trump bad, still not enough for Anti-Tr.

Got to be only mad at Trump.

Fuck you guys. It's way past getting old.

You need professional help.

Duffy, this is just not at all what happened.

Pres Trump tweeted about the "tapp" on his phones, and claimed he got that information from the NYT. Except the NYT didn't write that Pres Obama tapped or ordered a tap on his phones. In fact, the NYT article in question was about aides and former aides, it doesn't say that Pres Obama ordered wiretaps on Mr. Trump's phones, and it specifically says "It is not clear whether the intercepted communications had anything to do with Mr. Trump’s campaign, or Mr. Trump himself."

There is plenty of hysteria among the administration's detractors, but you really need to put in at least a minimal effort to find out what happened before you start jumping on people's cases.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
If you can't understand that the President of the United States is held to a higher standard than a reporter or tv personality, then really there is no reasoning with you.

If you can't understand that the President of the United States is a tv personality, then really there is no reasoning with you.
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can't understand that the President of the United States is a tv personality, then really there is no reasoning with you.

You're joking, right?
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
In fact, the NYT article in question was about aides and former aides, it doesn't say that Pres Obama ordered wiretaps on Mr. Trump's phones, and it specifically says "It is not clear whether the intercepted communications had anything to do with Mr. Trump’s campaign, or Mr. Trump himself."

"intercepted communications"?

So "communications" were "intercepted" and in some way it's Trump related (why else bring Trump int this?) and these intercepted (tapped?) communications could have been Trump or not and could have involved his campaign or not (those detaisl are "not clear")?

So somebody was tapped?

If not, what is meant by "intercepted communications"?

Look, you can try and say Im washing trumps balls here, but all I'm doing is just trying to figure out what happened.

It looks like somebody was listened to by someone else.

So who listened and who was listened to and what did they hear?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but don't tell anybody. Do you disagree with the statement?
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
In fact, the NYT article in question was about aides and former aides, it doesn't say that Pres Obama ordered wiretaps on Mr. Trump's phones, and it specifically says "It is not clear whether the intercepted communications had anything to do with Mr. Trump’s campaign, or Mr. Trump himself."

"intercepted communications"?

So "communications" were "intercepted" and in some way it's Trump related (why else bring Trump int this?) and these intercepted (tapped?) communications could have been Trump or not and could have involved his campaign or not (those detaisl are "not clear")?

So somebody was tapped?

If not, what is meant by "intercepted communications"?

Look, you can try and say Im washing trumps balls here, but all I'm doing is just trying to figure out what happened.

It looks like somebody was listened to by someone else.

So who listened and who was listened to and what did they hear?

As I said, the article in question was about President Trump's aides and former aides, and intercepted communications (yes, likely from wiretaps) used by the FBI during investigation regarding their ties to Russia. The specifics of who listened to whom and what they heard is what's being investigated right now. However, the article Mr. Trump cited didn't say that Pres Obama ordered his phones to be tapped, and everyone in any position to know or have seen evidence has said that it either didn't happen or that there is no evidence that it happened.

I don't think I've ever called you a ball washer, but don't pretend that you're just trying to learn what happened. You've just been berating people, and spewing false narratives about what happened because it was easier than doing a little reading, and you're invested in your anti-media/fakenews narrative.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
If you can't understand that the President of the United States is held to a higher standard than a reporter or tv personality, then really there is no reasoning with you.

Yes, I understand. A tv personality with all the authority of the President of the United States. In theory, with all the responsibility that the job entails. In theory I said.
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
don't pretend that you're just trying to learn what happened. You've just been berating people, and spewing false narratives about what happened because it was easier than doing a little reading

I'm actually sick of reading about Trump and whatever else is in the shit show we call government. It's all that everyone talks about all time. The 24 hour news cycle is now just a running commentary of bullshit about The State and I've almost completely tuned out.

I come here and it's a bunch whiny, mentally ill sounding people obsessed with everything Trump. I'm just about over it.

The general gist of my knowledge of this particular petty bullshit is the fuckfaceTrump said dick sucker obama tapped his wires. He was then asked about to prove it and he cites "news" sources.

Now all you folks who seem to deeply care about who's listening and who's not listening and ordered the not listening and does Billy like Jane and how can Jane be with Billy when Jane likes Nathan…

Fucking bunch of crap.

I've stopped caring.

I'm out.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
don't pretend that you're just trying to learn what happened. You've just been berating people, and spewing false narratives about what happened because it was easier than doing a little reading

I'm actually sick of reading about Trump and whatever else is in the shit show we call government. It's all that everyone talks about all time. The 24 hour news cycle is now just a running commentary of bullshit about The State and I've almost completely tuned out.

I come here and it's a bunch whiny, mentally ill sounding people obsessed with everything Trump. I'm just about over it.

The general gist of my knowledge of this particular petty bullshit is the fuckfaceTrump said dick sucker obama tapped his wires. He was then asked about to prove it and he cites "news" sources.

Now all you folks who seem to deeply care about who's listening and who's not listening and ordered the not listening and does Billy like Jane and how can Jane be with Billy when Jane likes Nathan…

Fucking bunch of crap.

I've stopped caring.

I'm out.

I think you went too often to the Tap tonight. So you got tapped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

I've stopped caring.

I'm out.

Does Paulo know where to find you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Fucking bunch of crap.

I've stopped caring.

I'm out.

OMG you are the whiniest bitch on this forum. Slow guy just slam dunked on you and you pick up the ball and go home. Pussy.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Last edited by: CaptainCanada: Mar 18, 17 22:19
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
eb wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

Yes, I understand. A tv personality with all the authority of the President of the United States. In theory, with all the responsibility that the job entails. In theory I said.

I was playing off of your words, maybe a bit too flippantly. I do agree completely with your initial statement ^^up there. So far we've been treated to slips and stumbles by this administration, one after another, enough that any rational person fears a truly serious geopolitical misstep. And all this is stretching my optimism to the breaking point.

So I'm having a beer and listening to the Kinks, who addressed this almost 40 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlYrxOrsnv4

Live life, see it through, carry on, it's all you can do ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I've stopped caring.

I'm out.
OK

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has been covered.

We (like you) come here to talk and debate. When we try to talk about Canadian politics the room goes silent. Nobody chimes in because most of you guys are American.

So we give up and talk about what's in the news. That would be trump. Day in and day out. It's Trump.

Agreed.

It's not us (Canadians) it's the news outlets here and around the world - Trump stories lead.

I'll admit that it's a bit unbalanced, that I know in Canada, internally we, actually have A LOT going on right now politically and economically, that are worthy leading stories in their own right - but it's almost always a Trump story that leads or is second!

A key economic story in Canada right now is how we are NOT investing in tech, start-ups and the ownership of IP enough and still for the most part relying on digging stuff and pumping stuff out of the ground for export revenue. Jim Balsille, the co-founder and former Co-CEO of Blackberry, has written an excellent OpEd piece in the Business Section of the Globe & Mail today about this. We are potentially bankrupting our future as other countries, the U.S. in particular lead the wat in these area (tech, start-ups and IP Ownership). Feel free to weigh in on this.

Bordem or weariness may set in at some point - Look another insane Trump tweet! Trump lies AGAIN in an interview. Trump accuses media of being dishonest and producing Fake News! Trump offends ANOTHER world leader/country . . and so on!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Mar 18, 17 10:23
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look man my father flew a Hurricane in the Elbonian Navy so you should pay attention to my epinion when i to tell you how f'd up Canadian foreign policy is ok?

;-)

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
TomkR wrote:

ok.

Media - "prove it"

Media "we lied".

But I had forgotten that the anti-Trump is never to questioned. Even when questioning also makes Trump bad, still not enough for Anti-Tr.

Again, that's not what happened.

Media - "prove it"

Media "some clown on Fox News lied, and you believed it without checking those intelligence agencies you supposedly head".

Trump - "I'm just repeating what I heard"

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I've stopped caring.

I'm out.

Ha. I wonder how many in the Lavender Room get that joke...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I've stopped caring.

I'm out.

Ha. I wonder how many in the Lavender Room get that joke...

One have to be here for a long time to get that. It was fun to witness that thread in real time.
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Duffy wrote:
TomkR wrote:

ok.

Media - "prove it"

Media "we lied".

Again, that's not what happened.

Media - "prove it"

Media "some clown on Fox News lied, and you believed it without checking those intelligence agencies you supposedly head".

Trump - "I'm just repeating what I heard"

Even Fox News said they have no evidence to support what their own commentator said.
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least there was an apology to Britain.

I'm confused.

"The White House apologizes", but Trump himself doubles down, and carries on the charade, blustering and blundering on about it - no apology from the President (Has he ever apologized for anything? At least staying true to form!) Aren't "The White House" and The President, supposed to be on the same page with issues like this? Does this not seem silly and confusing?

Last edited by: Fleck: Mar 19, 17 8:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
At least there was an apology to Britain.

I'm confused.

"The White House apologizes", but Trump himself doubles down, and carries on the charade, blustering and blundering on about it - no apology from the President (Has he ever apologized for anything? At least staying true to form!) Aren't "The White House" and The President, supposed to be on the same page with issues like this? Does this not seem silly and confusing?

The problem is Trump is silly and confused! Plus petulant, adolescent and embarrassing! So just business as usual!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The White House apologizes", but Trump himself doubles down, and carries on the charade, blustering and blundering on about it - no apology from the President (Has he ever apologized for anything?

It's perfect. He can get others to apologize, the non-apology apology, and still double down for the paranoid who think there is a boogeyman around every corner.

Saying the government will keep you safe is what they do best. Not the actual keeping you safe part, but the convincing you that you need them to sleep better at night. It's how they justify spending $600B in defense with few questioning the absurdity of it all.

Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's perfect. He can get others to apologize, the non-apology apology, and still double down for the paranoid who think there is a boogeyman around every corner.

Today we might start to get some answers. Trump carry's on his own personal charade (and lies) via Twitter, while even administration people admit that the president is wrong and/or lying!

And Trump/GOP supporters are all OK with this total disconnect? It all seems a bit odd.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Today we might start to get some answers. Trump carry's on his own personal charade (and lies) via Twitter, while even administration people admit that the president is wrong and/or lying!

And Trump/GOP supporters are all OK with this total disconnect? It all seems a bit odd.

Latest poll today gives the Donald only a 37% approval rating so maybe some of his supporters are rethinking things..
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Latest poll today gives the Donald only a 37% approval rating so maybe some of his supporters are rethinking things..

This is very true but if the Democrats put up another candidate similar to Hillary, nothing will change because the alternative will not be a better option.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next