Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it's on Dwight beach road, not a downhill, but a fast section of the course. I plan on grabbing mine - one slow down for a 600 cal bottle beats 3 slowdowns for 200 cal bottles I reckon!
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [cl60guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there an aid station at special needs as well? Otherwise it's a long gap on second loop to next aid station
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does not appear so. The next one looks like it is at the turnaround on Seabreeze.
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [SubaruTriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure you are busy, reply if you have time. We got one BIB number in our packet and it says it has to be worn on the front on the run the back on the bike. I have never experienced this before(7 IM's). Usually you get 2, or maybe last year we did not wear it on the bike?

Is this right??
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [jjh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No need to wear it on the bike. Athlete meeting yesterday said only on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [jsosinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Only problem is that my wife was right. God, I hate that.
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My power for IM Muskoka today was the same as Tremblant in 2013 and my bike split was the same (4:53, 23x watts).

I managed to run off the bike but it really hurt.

Great day on a tough but fair course. Hopefully Muskoka will shake this "crazy hard" reputation so it can grow.

My only complaint is that Deerhurst really are gouging athletes. I have no problem with a 4 night minimum but $480 a night is a joke.

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations Ken! Amazing performance!

Thanks for the info regarding your bike split! How much do you weigh?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [JoshL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I weigh 160lbs.

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It does seem that a lot less people were sub-5 vs. IMMT this year but maybe that's due to the ~3k that's been cut off the IMMT course since 2013. In any case, faster bike times than I expected for sure, so I stand corrected. Congrats for a killer race, and thanks for sharing!

I hope the full IM sticks around too. If I don't come up with something even better to do, I'll be there to support it next year for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome job man, that's a killer bike split! How does Muskoka stack up compared to other IM's. I'm deciding which will be my first and Muskoka is on my radar. I'm fine with racing a hard course, but how hard is it really? And how well is it run? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [Matt1019] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the 70.3 Muskoka and am wondering how the IM run course is - any changes other than two loops of the half course?

I hope that this race stays around, as I think I'm taking an IM hiatus of three years and want to target an IM in 2018. I biked 4:51 at Tremblant this year, and feel that the Muskoka course would suit me well.

Ken, just curious to your open run times (if you've done a half marathon or full marathon rcently)?

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [Matt1019] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're in the North East I don't think anywhere is better than Tremblant. We'll run, family friendly etc.

If you've done a few races and want to try something new then MuskoKa is great. It's not that hard, but it's very tactical. You have to sit in your saddle and grind. When I see guys sprinting up hills I just shake my head and wonder how they'll ever run. The run is very fair.

Ken

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also completed Muskoka today and the course was very tough. I still cannot believe that the 30-34 age group had 8 athletes go sub 10. I finished 9:59. There were some awesome performance out there today. Ken, yours overall was extremely impressive to run that well off the bike after a 4:53. Congrats!

Jimmy
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same run course.
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran 2:58 at Chicago last year. I had a really solid block of run training in the spring that has held over all year. My run off the bike has been the best ever.

Ken

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I knew you crushed that ride, but it wasn't until I checked the results that I noticed you ran 3:13! I had expected to take some time back from you on the run but you put another 2 min on me! Congrats on a great race.

For another data point I rode 5:15 (20 min faster than my first at IMMT) on just under 200 watts @ 155 lbs. Likely could have been higher but spent a lot of time coasting/ soft pedalling out of the draft zone of the 9 am heroes that were jamming up the hills in the big ring while I was spinning up at 220 watts who I'd subsequently pass on the flats and downhills for the first 100k - got pretty frustrating at times but I knew I just had to bide my time and they'd fall by the wayside. I was right :) Now have an hour to decide if I am accepting my invite to the big dance...not a great time with life/family etc but pretty hard to turn down!
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [cl60guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about you, but not having pros really changed the race for me. I typicaly pride myself on doing a long individual time trial swim to run, but having a third place bike in front of me and wanting to make up time on the fast bikers pulled another, very painful, level out of me. I knew I could run under 3:20, but 3:12 was a great surprise.

I for one like not having pros, but having them makes for an easier day.

Ken

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
redtdi wrote:
My power for IM Muskoka today was the same as Tremblant in 2013 and my bike split was the same (4:53, 23x watts).

I managed to run off the bike but it really hurt.

Great day on a tough but fair course. Hopefully Muskoka will shake this "crazy hard" reputation so it can grow.

My only complaint is that Deerhurst really are gouging athletes. I have no problem with a 4 night minimum but $480 a night is a joke.

Ken

Would you mind sharing Garmin / Strava link to your ride? Thinking about Muskoka vs. Whistler for next year....

Muskoka didn't sell out, correct?
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [deh20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious if male 35-39 rolled down and how far. Did anyone stay for awards?
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think there were only two roll downs in the entire race. None in m35-39.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Anyone have a list of the distribution for this race?
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Disappointed with the amount of drafting I saw in the course , coming off a 1-06 swim I passed a lot for a 5-10 and saw loads of drafting , blatant some of it

Don't like to say this but I will but that includes several of the top women
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am curious to know how many penalties were handed out. I called over a marshal at one point, gave him the number of someone who had been blatantly drafting for an hour, was drafting when I told the marshal, but didn't seem to get a penalty. I'm just guessing, but maybe a lot of first time marshals?
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 and 140.6 Q+A Thread [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my thoughts exactly , i did see bikes but could not tell if they were race officials or not

pisses me off, they are doing the same speed as me on 40 watts less
Quote Reply

Prev Next